Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Calling FtW Scion's.. ManekiNekoMotorsports is looking for U

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Calling FtW Scion's.. ManekiNekoMotorsports is looking for U

Calling all Fort Worth area Scion owners.. racers, tuners, and just stock daily-drivers alike.

I see plenty of you on the road every day, so I know you're out there. Over the last few weeks, I've been struck by the lack of regular GTG's in the easy reach of Fort Worth owners. Addison, Richardson, Lewisville, Plano, they're all an hour or more away from many of us. I feel your pain and now there is a solution. Maneki Neko Motorsports is looking for any and all Scion's in the Fort Worth area, with intent to meet weekly, be it to eat together, attend events as a group, or just get together in a parking lot to hang out. All ages of Scion owners are welcome.. If you see someone on the street , tell them. So few FtW owners seem to use ScionLife. Consider this the first call to gather Scion owners across FunkyTown together. PM me or Yahoo me with questions..
Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

how far away from Euless is this going to be?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um.. I'm still trying to find a more-or-less central location for meets so we don't alienate anyone, but you're looking at a 25 or 30 minute drive, worst case for anyone.. Even Euless.
Of course, any tC's from out of the area are welcome at any time, but all locations is going to be chosen with Fort Worth owners in mind..
Old 06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You should join the Scikotics weekly meet at the Sonic in Grapevine off Hall Johnson.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Grapevine is an hour away from anyone on the south or west sides of Fort Worth.. And even at $2.94/gal, Chevron Supreme still kicks my ___ every time I fill up. I'm not trying to exclude anyone. I'm trying to give local people a local group.. The trick is getting ahold of the local tC drivers that arn't ScionLife members, and I know there's ALOT of them. I'm trying to get the ones that ARE members here interested so they can spread the word. So.. Help?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tekisui, I think it's great what you are trying to do. Living out here in south Burleson, almost in Joshua, just ain't real convenient when all the GTG's are in the mid-cities or farther east and north. Good luck to you!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

*points and jumps up and down, excitedly*
See? See? That's what I'm trying to do! :-D
I saw two tC's last night that I know arn't forum members.. I couldn't catch the silver one because I got trapped at a light, and the flint mica one was going the other direction, but yeah. If I name a place and pick a night, would those of you that ARE in the area help spread the word to non-Scionlife members so we can get this off the ground? I don't care if only me and one or two other people show up.. I just need some commitment from a few so that people not affiliated with Scionlife dont show up and are the only one(s) besides me. Cos if that happens, they won't be back.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thursday nites theres already a big car meet at the hooters in south fort worth off of 20... its not scion specific but still a decent place to meet up and represent our 2 dr camrys me thinks
Old 06-29-2006, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know OF that meet.. I'm wanting something Scion specific for the area, non-conflicting of course. I'm thinking late friday nights, like 10ish.. This is the hard part: finding people interested and picking a night/time that's largely agreeable..
Old 06-29-2006, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

i would be interested in maybe a wed. night gathering maybe somewhere on CAmp bowie.... maybe say 8 ish or so..... we used to do that years ago... when i street raced bu that was every night exspecially on the weekends... but then again im not a TC
Old 06-29-2006, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I'm targeting tC's but wouldn't exclude anyone, least of all you, Pooty. :-p Yeah, Wednesday nights would work.. As for the location, I'll have to re-scout the Camp Bowie stretch again for location potentials.. There's a perfect lot behind Chipotle on Bryant Irvin (At I-20). It's shielded from view by the building and the landscaping, but is still RIGHT at major roads and easy to get to.. I counted and it can hold 50 cars max.. I dont' know who actually owns it, though. The bank next to Chipotle obviously doesn't have anyone there after 6, Chipotle doesn't close till 10 pm, but never has more than 3-4 cars in that lot, and they're at the bottom. I'm open to suggestions.. The Stripling & *** on Camp Bowie has an uber-lot..
Old 06-29-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

that stripling and *** is where we used to sit.... but got kicked out years ago for the noise cause of all the rich people.... its the old DRAG from the 70's and 80's and we did it ;late 90's but then we got moved to behind or beside the walgreens right there at the corner of LAS vegas trail and Camp bowie.... that is a huge parking lot right there and very fun to hang out at..... plus no problems..... i would be down for that let me know.... HOLLA
Old 06-29-2006, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll roll by it tonight after work and check it out.. I'm open to wherever's convenient. I like that spot behind Chipotle because its got room for a few cars and near a noisy highway, but it's hidden, so we won't be getting crap.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After some thought, I'm really leaning towards a more central location. Somewhere in downtown would be perfect, but I can't find anywhere appropriate. I'm sticking with either the Bryant Irvin/I-20 location for now because it's a nice area, and it's the most shielded parkinglot I've found, or the parking lot in front of Michael's on Overton Ridge, just up from Bryant Irvin and across from Steak & Shake. We need to pick a night. I'm with Pooty on picking Wednesday night but I'd love a Friday night meet. Input? All three of you? :-p

Also, anyone free Friday night? I know its short notice, but I got an xA interested.. Anyone?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

well...i live in Denton...but you know im not worried about the driving part...lol. Just let me know where its gonna be and i'll see if i can get some of these north texas college punks to come over too....alot of tc's around here..lol
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BadArse! :-D I'm gonna say tentatively Wednesday night at 8 pm in the Michael's parking lot on Overton Ridge (Runs perpendicular between Hulen and Bryant Irvin).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...00339&t=h&om=1

That lot there. Zoom out to figure out the best way to get there. The address for that Michael's location is 4921 Overton Ridge Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76132
As for Friday night, if anyone's free, same place at 9:30.. I got jack squat else to do that night..
Old 06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

w00t! My business cards showed up! $16 inc. shipping for 500.. Can't beat that..

Jeeze, I'm nerdy :-D
Old 06-30-2006, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i should be able to make it next friday...but not on wednesday...i go to that sonic meet in lewisville that night...sorry. I'm open on fridays though....Midnight madness doesnt start till 11 at the denton dragway..lol
Old 06-30-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We may have to shift nights to keep with conflicting because I know several people are gonna be in the same boat as you.. They'll want to go to both..
And by 'Friday', I meant tomorrow :-D. Though next Friday and every one after that too.. Hell, how about we just do it Friday nights 9? Later would be better.. We just need to pick a damn night :-p
Old 07-02-2006, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Updates and crap!
I've pretty much changed the focus to encompass all Scion's, instead of just tC's like I planned originally. Meets are Friday nights in the parking lot in front of Michael's on Overton Ridge. Specific directions can be found at the site. The lot is HUGE, so lets fill it! Looking forward to this Friday!

Quick Reply: Calling FtW Scion's.. ManekiNekoMotorsports is looking for U