Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX

Just spreading the news...

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Sunday, January 21st at Gulf Greyhound Park from 10am to 5pm. Car show registration from 9am to 12pm, judging begins at 12:30.

SHOW CLASSES: Best Interior, Best Paint/Finish, Best Engine Bay, Best Display, Best Mitsubishi, Best Toyota, Best Scion, Best Nissan, Best Mazda, Best Euro, Best Civic (mild), Best Civic (wild), Best Other Honda (mild), Best Other Honda (wild), Best Acura (mild), Best Acura (wild), Best Other Import (Subaru, Hyundai, etc.), Best Domestic Sports Compact, Best Domestic Car, Best Domestic Truck/SUV, Best Import Truck/SUV, Best Luxury, Best Exotic, Best Underconstruction, Best Club Participation, Best Club Representation $300, Best of Show $500. *Additional classes and/or places to be added on day of event depending on participation (minimum 4 cars to make a class). Competition judged by Usaci.

EVENT ACTIVITIES: car/truck/bike show, stereo crank it up contest (Usaci double points), bikini contest (weather permitting), vendors, dyno, raffles and riveaways, DJs, break dance battle, mixed martial arts (ultimate fighting) exhibition, live concert, plus much more. Check website for artist lineup. DJs, bands, and rap artists, call 225-247-7223 to be booked.

SHOW PRICES:
Spectator $12 with flyer (regular $15) *flyers printed off computer ok to use - right click on flyer image below, print.
Car Show Entry $20
Dyno Pulls - 2 for $45
Stereo Crank It Up Info: www.SoundOff.org
Drift Registration info: www.DailyDrifter.com
Event info: www.ImportFaceOff.net *to be updated with 2007 schedule/info soon

Event flyer...

Here are some pictures of the Import Face-Off that was at San Antonio Raceway last weekend...

Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cliff...I have you posted on the 2007 show schedule. Nice event in SA by the way. Thanks for posting the flyers and let me know when you update the website with 2007 events. I know Belle Rose comes up fairly soon after Houston. Lets just keep the rain at bay this year.

David
Old 12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

looks intresting... lets hope the weather permits this year.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Might have to make a trip to the H-Town
Old 12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

flyers on my way...let me know guyz if ya need anymore to pass out...
ill have them at the store if ya want to pass by..
Old 12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll be there, hopefully it doesn't rain us out this year though....the girls will be showing off their tCs (Quina, Thao, and myself). :-P
Old 12-31-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

them girls make me wanna go! esp the last one
Old 12-31-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

hmmmm, so you want to come check out us ladies????
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

TSE will try to make it out there ......
Old 01-03-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Lets went!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I will definitly be there.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 PM
j0n
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

TSE will be there 4 sho
Old 01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i'm there. this is my firs ttime goin to meet other scion peeps. should be cool.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

With the way the weather has been going on...is this still on...???
Old 01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its on rain or shine for sure. Last year it was 100% chance of rain for the show and the turnout was pretty good. We dont get import events very often in Houston so I hope everyone can come out and support the show.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

If it's still on...Scikotics will be there!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You dont need an actual flyer card to get entry discount. All you need to do is print out a copy of the flyer and bring it with you to the show for the discount...one per person.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX

Originally Posted by GSRcaucAZN78

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Sunday, January 21st at Gulf Greyhound Park from 10am to 5pm. Car show registration from 9am to 12pm, judging begins at 12:30.

SHOW CLASSES: Best Interior, Best Paint/Finish, Best Engine Bay, Best Display, Best Mitsubishi, Best Toyota, Best Scion, Best Nissan, Best Mazda, Best Euro, Best Civic (mild), Best Civic (wild), Best Other Honda (mild), Best Other Honda (wild), Best Acura (mild), Best Acura (wild), Best Other Import (Subaru, Hyundai, etc.), Best Domestic Sports Compact, Best Domestic Car, Best Domestic Truck/SUV, Best Import Truck/SUV, Best Luxury, Best Exotic, Best Underconstruction, Best Club Participation, Best Club Representation $300, Best of Show $500. *Additional classes and/or places to be added on day of event depending on participation (minimum 4 cars to make a class). Competition judged by Usaci.

EVENT ACTIVITIES: car/truck/bike show, stereo crank it up contest (Usaci double points), bikini contest (weather permitting), vendors, dyno, raffles and riveaways, DJs, break dance battle, mixed martial arts (ultimate fighting) exhibition, live concert, plus much more. Check website for artist lineup. DJs, bands, and rap artists, call 225-247-7223 to be booked.

SHOW PRICES:
Spectator $12 with flyer (regular $15) *flyers printed off computer ok to use - right click on flyer image below, print.
Car Show Entry $20
Dyno Pulls - 2 for $45

So...let me get this straight...IF there are more than 4 SCIONS then SCIONS should have their own class right...??? Then why was there only ONE trophy and that was Best Scion...Last year there were more trophies for Scion..,Yet it went down to ONE trophy this year. I know there were AT LEAST 20 SCIONS...so why wasn't classes added for that. If not mild/wild...then 1st, 2nd & 3rd Scion....??? Also if you look at the flyer...this show was sponsored by Demontrond Toyota SCION...So why did the Scions get shafted...and then get told that there weren't enough SCIONS to have their own class...??? Our team alone brought SEVEN SCIONS...so there already was the Scion class alone. There were at least 20 SRT-4s and 4th, 5th, & 6th were added AT THE SHOW!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX

Originally Posted by lil_babie_tearz
Originally Posted by GSRcaucAZN78

SHOW PRICES:
Car Show Entry $20
Dyno Pulls - 2 for $45

So...let me get this straight...IF there are more than 4 SCIONS then SCIONS should have their own class right...??? Then why was there only ONE trophy and that was Best Scion...Last year there were more trophies for Scion..,Yet it went down to ONE trophy this year. I know there were AT LEAST 20 SCIONS...so why wasn't classes added for that. If not mild/wild...then 1st, 2nd & 3rd Scion....??? Also if you look at the flyer...this show was sponsored by Demontrond Toyota SCION...So why did the Scions get shafted...and then get told that there weren't enough SCIONS to have their own class...??? Our team alone brought SEVEN SCIONS...so there already was the Scion class alone. There were at least 20 SRT-4s and 4th, 5th, & 6th were added AT THE SHOW!!!
I was thinking the same thing, Last year they gave 1st 2nd and 3rd for each model Scion. I did win, But was also disappointed about being the only Scion to get a trophy.

I was estimating more around 50 Scions. I'm not sure if they were all entries, but I know there were a bunch.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

For the Scion entries...I know for sure that Scikotics had 7, and T.S.E Had around 15 or so Scions...Besides, there were a couple others there as well (i.e...Sun Works had a BSP tC...also...there was a White tC with a turbo). That alone is 24 Scions that were entered in the show...

Quick Reply: IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX