Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member

Hell, last year they gave a "Best Scion" on top of all the 1st 2nd and 3rd's.

Sunworks also had Crazykatmatt, Crucial Minds had a TC, and so on.

They must've gave around 10 Trophies away to Vette's, Mustang's, etc. I was thinkin' "Isn't this Import Face-Off"!

My little brother got the Trophy for "Best Classic" with his White 79' Thunderbird on 20's, it was funny because he was the only Classic to register.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

That blows.....I can't believe that they idn't give out more trophies for Scion, especially since there was a Scion dealer sponsoring the show.

Congrats on the win Chris, I am sure it was deserved.

Hope you guys had fun, srry I couldn't makeit out to see everyone.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys, several extra scion classes and trophies are being added/mailed out. I'll post the winner additions as soon as we get back to the office. There was a major miscommunication between the judges and some of the IFO staff regarding the added classes, SPECIFICALLY for the Scions. We apologize for the mistakes, but they WILL be corrected. This event was a nightmare from the beginning... rain, rushed entry, using outside judges, etc.

Event wrap up from IFO...

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=360858
Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First I would like to say congradulations Houston on the turnout for IFO, again under sketchy weather conditions. Best Scion showing at a non Scion event I have seen in a very long time. Cliff is a good guy so give him some time to rope in the judging misshaps and non classes and I am sure everything will be just fine.
Congradulations to Chris on the win...he is a good guy as well so give him the props for his hands on fabrication and overall very clean Xb. Man...if we could just get this event done with nice weather who knows how good it could actually be. This years event schedule is building to be huge with a couple new players adding local shows and NOPI coming to Tx. Good job to the club turnout as well and wish the Scikotics could have parked inside the show as we are all in the import family. Cliff, you are going to have to fix that problem for sure.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default werd

Without a doubt the turnout was great.
Big Ups on Padanky!! And Cliff thanks for adding more Scion Classes.

MIK
Old 01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member

I thought the turn out was great especially the Scion turn out... the show was definatly very unorganized but i still had fun watching the drifting and checking out some of the other scions in the show. I felt that we got a shafted since first i had to park outside the gate and second i thought we would have gotten more love bacause toyota/scion was a large sponsor of the event, and third the judges were going off of a point system and not really looking at the overall aspects of how the parts looked and functioned on all of the cars as well as not having a clue about anything that was on each car. Overall i had a good time and from reading all of the feedback on houston imports i will definatly go to the next event.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah the turn out was pretty good even considering the nasty weather at the beginning of the day.
Yeah I was upset that Scion got shafted...and that all us Scikotics got stuck parked outside because there wasn't enough room, but oh well what can we do?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

well at least we all got to hangout again with each other T.S.E. and Scikotics even though we got screwed. I believe we raised enough hell aboutit they had 2 fix it since toyota is a import brand of ride an we as SCION owners are apart of toyota and go the short ond of the stick to other brands who I.m not gonna mention is wrong, but at least they're trying to fix the misshaps so I gained a little more respect for the IFO crew.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with everyone on the scion participation. There definately should have been more classes. I got Best Display, not sure why, bc i only had some toys, pics, and plaques around the car. BUT, props goes out to the IFO Crew for adapting to the situation and making this show a hit. Remember they said the show area was already roped off and they also almost cancelled the show. All in all i had a great time. It was good to see TSE and Scikotics again. Sorry i didnt get a chance to stop and talk to yall. I stayed kinda busy all day.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Bret, David, Mik.

It's really not the same to get a trophy in the mail. Sucks that they didn't get things straight. I was waiting for the others to be given, just never happend. I had a good time besides that.

Nestor, it was cool to finally see the GWagon Conversion in person, look'd good. And the G35 conversion was very nice. I still wanna know who else won and what.

Chris
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

heheh thanks for the compliment Chris!!! I've been calling it my T35...yea i know...it's ___ ha ha ha...oh well. The only thing that made me upset was the Scion category, but if its being fixed then I'm cool with it. I just wished it was noticed at the car show and not now, but better late than never. I understand the weather and space was no control...I was just worried we wouldn't get judged, but we did so that was good.

Sorry if I haven't said it SOONER but CONGRATS CHRIS!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member

^^^ Thanks.

Let AutoLab know that they do nice work.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah congrats Chris!
So anyone here who they are mailing the trophies to?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member

^^^ Thanks

I'm not sure, I think they are going to make a list of the other winners on Houston-Imports. I'd like to know when though.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll be sure to let Auto Lab know heheheh...

I think he said when they get back to LA that he'll look at the score cards and then list the winners...I'm pretty sure he'll post them in a couple of days...
Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think there were 4 Scion awards last year.

Not to hijack a post but who may be heading to Padre for Heatwave and how was the event last year?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm going to try to go..I heard last year was AWESOME!!! I'm getting married this year...yea i know...who wants to know...but I only have a week of vacation so I'm most likely going to use it for that.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congradulations on the wedding and yes we all want to know about it!!!!!
We didnt go last year and I wasnt sure what was going to happen this year. It looks like there is no Tuner Bash...I cant find any info on it and think it should be available by now! I think we may go ahead and do the event this year. I think they have a better hotel rate this time. So last year was awesome...well thats news we like to hear!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

heheh sounds GOOD!!! I didn't go last year, but a lto of our other members did and ALL came back HAPPY =)
Old 01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

congrats Chris.....there no way anyone can have a xb sparkling clean like yours.....congrats again, plus your hard work pays off...
motoskin, nice shirts out there glad i had a chance to get one from you guyz, last year heatwave was too fun i think you should make it...
nez

Quick Reply: IMPORT FACE-OFF: 1/21/07 - Houston, TX