Scikotics
SL Member

Default One Smart Gene Pool

Idiots.....

Brothers arrested after racing wreck
By Alyson Chapman
The Daily Times

Published August 5, 2008
Two brothers suspected of racing face charges after a car crashed Saturday afternoon sending a passenger to a San Antonio hospital.

According to Kerrville Police Department Sgt. John Knoulton, it appeared Chance, 23, and Kyle Kuykendall, 21, were racing each other in a blue 1992 Honda Civic and a silver 1990 Acura Integra, respectively.

Racing that involves an injury is considered a felony.

Knoulton said that about 30 minutes before the crash, which occurred in the 1800 block of Lois Street, police received a call of a reckless driver on Junction Highway that matched the description of one of the vehicles.

An officer spotted the two vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed down West Water Street.

“He tried to catch up to them, and farther down on Lois he discovered the two cars had crashed,” Knoulton said.

Chance Kuykendall apparently lost control of his Civic in the curve and struck a rock wall of the Meridian subdivision. His passenger, Raul Casanova, 22, partially was ejected.

Casanova was flown by Air Evac Lifeteam of Kerrville to University Hospital in San Antonio with possible broken bones in his face. He was listed in stable condition Monday.

The Integra, although it did not have any damage, came to a sliding stop next to the Civic, according to reports. Neither the driver, Kyle Kuykendall, or passenger, Daniel Pfeuffer, 20, were injured in the crash.

Knoulton said the investigation into the crash is ongoing, but several witnesses reported seeing the two vehicles racing on Lois Street.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

dumb@sses... see and then ppl wonder why insurance rates are high for younger ppl on coupes... gah! then on top of that suddenly cause a little civic is floating in my blind spot i get pulled over on suspicion of racing even tho im only going 45... wtf?? bah humbug!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you got pulled over for that? that has got to suck. were you in alamo heights or something or was is sapd?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

haha yea dude it was SAPD on military like at 1am on sat night... the little honda had an exhaust that made it sound like a lawn mower and it was messing with me at the light, i was just driving tho (i might've had my underglow on lol) but idk maybe the cop heard the civic revving his engine and well i just took off normally and the civic burned out well he started messing around staying close to me and when i passed the cop i was out in front of the civic and as soon as the cop turned on his lights i just kept going forward (cause i was driving normally and i had no reason to run) and the civic quickly turned onto a little street, well the cop pulled me over, and there i go explaning that i have no performance parts, i opened my hood and showed him, proved to him that i have no exhaust so it cant make any sound, and just flat out proved my point to him that i have nothing that would influence me to race, that my car is all for show purposes, with the 19's and the sound system, the lighting and all the other little things... so after like 35 min of explaining myself to him and showing him that i have no intentions of racing cause i would easily lose to anything that has any type of modifications he let me go with a ticket for not having my plate on my bumper (3rd ticket for the same thing from SAPD... Gah i hate bored cops) before i went to court i just put my plate on my bumper took a picture and went to court and they dismissed it and its still on my dash lol... but either way it took 30 min of my night.... blah
Old 08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wow that really sucks, yea my first ticket was on military - speeding. i was lucky too since i had just gotten my license earlier that month. i was driving without one for about a year. i was 17
Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

hahaha... yea dude i was driving with only a learners permit til i was 17... and my 1st ticket was also on military right there where the old walmart used to be before they moved it across the street on roosevelt... i got slammed with disregarding a red light
Old 08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i got busted going over the river by the cemetery. talked to a cop friend of the family and when i went to court, the cop said he didnt remember the incident and the judge let me go.
i think out of a possible 13 tickets, i have only had to pay 2 of them.

knock on wood

that is why i invest in an expensive radar detector.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

haha no kiddin... im always flying down 151, and because of my radar detector, i brake for cops, 90-60 in 2.3 seconds lol... but i'll never understand law enforcement here in Tx... i get let go for doing 80 in a 45, 87 in a 65, 50 in a 30, and 40 in a 20, SAPD let me go for all of them... but state trooper pulls me over and cites me for doing 74 in a 70... wtf? hahaha and after that 74 in a 70 i knew my luck ran out so i bought my radar detector ^_^
Old 08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yea i know what you mean, i got pulled over by highway patrol for going 75 in a 70, they dropped the speeding because i didnt have current insurance, it expired during spring break and i went for a road trip. i get home and get my updated insurance, call them up to get their fax number and they tell me they dont have one. i was like who the f doesnt have a fax number. i had to mail it in and then i find out that they have a warrant out for my arrest because they processed my paperwork too slow. everything worked out fine at the end though
Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to interrupt your conversation (i actually read the whole thing and yall are both amazing at getting out of tickets)

2k8_tc_guy... so i decided to look at ur profile to see what kind of mods you have on your car cause you said it was for show and its always fun to look at show cars. anyways, i was reading your mods and it says you have "35% on the front windshield" in reference to tint. i think you want to change front to back. unless im mistaken
Old 08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

nah its correct on the front but now its 40%... its very very light so you really can't tell, but it keeps out alot of the heat, the rest is 5%, so tintwise my car is illegal but i've never had the PD here in San Antonio ever check my tint, ever. and the little mom and pop shops here dont care when ur gettin ur inspection, as long as your lights work and ur brakes work then theyre fine lol
Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

oh and to add on, i got pulled over last night, and once again for not having my plate on my bumper well the cop told me to honestly tell him why i didnt have my plate on my bumper, and he looked like 25 so i told him that i think the car looks alot better without it and that i was gonna write a letter to my congressman to try to get that law changed, and the cop started laughing at me, he tells me that he had a civic and he agrees that it looks better without the plate and he let me go with a simple becareful hahaha
Old 08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you are one lucky sob. there needs to be more cops like that on the road.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea man i know, luckily he didnt run my license cause i have a warrant for not paying that 74 in a 70 ticket... but there needs to be cops that leave me alone for my plate...