Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 PM

Default Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

So this morning I went to Toyota of Lewisville in hopes of buying a second car. I was looking at a 06+ Toyota RAV4. I was ready to purchase, had financing preapproved from my bank, had my research done of market value, etc.

Got to the dealership and was not impressed w/ the staff at all. The receptionist was slouching and seemed disinterested in helping. After paging one of the internet salesman, he came and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Said he had just woke up and seemed late for work. I took the car for a test drive and he could barely hold a conversation and his cologne reeked of overapplication.

We got back to the dealership and the negotation began. Car was listed at $21,900. I lowballed with an opening offer of $18,500, and backed that price up with print outs from ebay. Several vehicles matching the same description were sold for that price or less, so I felt justified in making that offer. Of course he disagreed and took it back to his manager. He came back w/ print outs stating that the car is actually worth more, bla bla bla...the negotiation went on a couple more times w/ him going back/forth. I had predecided that my max price to pay was $20k, so I gave him a "I'll be comfortable today with $19,800 and not any more." Each time he walked off, I would get up as well to go browse around.

His sales manager finally came back and right off the bat was in my face, very aggressive, telling me my pricing is way off, Edmunds way undervalues cars, asks me why I didn't buy the cars from eBay like I had printed out, tells me he is only making $100 off the price they have it listed at, etc. So basically I tell him, this is what I'm willing to pay, I'm in no rush to purchase, so when I find one for the price I want then that's who gets my money. He scoffs at me, so I said if you're not willing to talk this out I have no further need to be here. So I walked...

I understood the whole negotiation/sales tactics, but if the guy was just a bit nicer and less aggressive I would have bought the car today from them. So the search continues...

I then went to Toyota of Plano, and everyone there was super friendly and very professional. Even though they didn't have the car I wanted, their sales staff was very nice.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Everyone knows that the Scion Guys can sell all Toyotas and pre-onwed vehicles too...... come on over lets see if we have something that will tickle your fancy.

CC and JJ

just checked. we have:
07 Rav4 silver JTMZD33VX76034605 28k MILES $20,200
07 Rav4 white JTMZD33V476035314 16k MILES $21,300
Old 02-27-2008, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hope they offered a cup of coffee.....
Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM

JB Williams the internet sales rep - not so bright
Mark Polito the used car manager - congrats on being the biggest jerk I've ever met at any dealership

Too bad...i really wanted that car too. But I am picking up a RAV4 Limited tomorrow, so I am very happy.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry for your expirience but i wonder what brought you here to make a post about this? kinda random to sign up to a scion forum about buying a RAV4, lol
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me has flashback to lurkin on threads on g35 forums o-0
haha
Old 02-28-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

I would imagine that bad service should be rewarded by sharing that the service was bad with others, so as to punish the person who has commited the wrong.

How else can we reward those who are courtious and not support those who are not...?

Why does Jeff and Charles get lots of business??? Cause even though they give up their days off for Scion events, they're always smiling and always cheerful.
Always happy to help... Thats what it takes, and thats what we all tell our friends.

This guy at TOL was apparently a TOOL... and so people should know... I have no problem with it....

Just think about my best friend Brian Shriver and what happened to him due to his own actions....

Its just too bad that waijai wasn't able to get in touch with JJ & CC before he found a car.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Word of mouth is key when it comes to business...good or bad. Toyota of Lewsville also sells Scions there. While I can't say the Scion management is the same or not, take my experience however you want.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never been in the toyota of lewsville, but I have bad experience with toyota of richardson, I try to buy a car with my wife and the baby, there were a lot of sales people standing around like they didn't see me, i walk in there, not even one saying hello to us, so we turn around and get out that place, while we were leaving, another guy driving a better car than our xb, 2 or 3 sales peple just ready for some actions, what kind I say, we are chinese and they think we are cheap
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont mind the post it just seems random how he found here to post it.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm kinda wondering too. But thanks for stopping by.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Originally Posted by pureXtC
me has flashback to lurkin on threads on g35 forums o-0
haha
I've seen this on the supra forums and some others...

Sounds like hes making the rounds on all the local forums...
Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM

yep, just spreading the word
Old 02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Okay I think you've made your point so I'm locking this now.