Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

**Scion Discounted NASA Midatlantic Autocross! Sept.28**

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

PLEASE GUYS GET TELL YOUR FRIENDS! SCION IS BUYING A FULL HEAT OF 30 SPOTS THAT NEED TO BE FILLED.

1. Larry tC - N/A
2. Leah tC - N/A
3. Chad tC - N/A
4. Brandon tC - N/A
5. Justin xA
6. Moises tC
7. Leah tC - N/A
8. Kanundrum- Sapan
9. tc4italy - Claudia
Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

ill see if the gf is down for a weekend trip that weekend, if she is we'll be down there
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

YEAH! another fast xB would be nice!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

im going to be itching to run again too esp with some bits i'm ordering this week, brake lines and front pads, motor mount inserts, allignment shims for the rear and i'm looking at some arm pieces for up front. i'm getting ready to do some maintaince so i figure i might as well do some add-ons at the same time, esp if i can find some grip
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PLEASE GUYS GET TELL YOUR FRIENDS! SCION IS BUYING A FULL HEAT OF 30 SPOTS THAT NEED TO BE FILLED.

1. Larry tC - N/A
2. Leah tC - N/A
3. Chad tC - N/A
4. Brandon tC - N/A
5. Justin xA
6. Moises tC
7. Leah tC - N/A
8. Kanundrum- Sapan
9. tc4italy - Claudia
10. draxcaliber -christian
Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

1. Larry tC - N/A
2. Leah tC - N/A
3. Chad tC - N/A
4. Brandon tC - N/A
5. Justin xA
6. Moises tC
7. Leah tC - N/A
8. Kanundrum- Sapan
9. tc4italy - Claudia
10. draxcaliber -christian
11. mdMiketC - Mike - Show Only, No AutoX
Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

come on mike!!! autocross!!! i'll let you have my trd rear sway bar if you do!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

it looks like i've managed to get off work now so i'll be there in the 1st gen xb

i can caravan down from the frederick area, but i was interested if a group of us northerners would be up for sharing a motel/hotel room in richmond on friday night (some can crash on the floor) to save having to drive down in the am and then do car prep before the event. i tend to like only having a 2 hr drive on the car the morning before an auto-x.

just an idea
Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

somewhere right now clayton mills and mike wirth are going, dave z. of all people is wanting to get a room or rooms instead of just sleeping in the car ;)
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

also any good bbq places near by as well, or any places that serve hushpuppies would be a plus as well ( i already know i'll be hitting up waffle house for breakfast more then likely unelss i can find a roscoe's but i dont think richmond does

scratch that frown, we'll (and by that i mean me) will be hitting up annibell's for chicken and waffles
Old 08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
come on mike!!! autocross!!! i'll let you have my trd rear sway bar if you do!!!
I'd rather not chance snapping or breaking anything seeing how this is my daily driver (i know, there yours and saps DD's too) and I don't have money to fix anything if it gets broken so just show for me.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

wait dave...who are you talking to roflmao! umm we dont have no roscoes chicken and waffles! we DO have a waffle house buuuuut the area the autox is in is about 30 min south of my general area of knowledge so i dont know where yall would stay and the closest food place of your liking to it lol. theres plenty around within a 45 min area tho lol.

ur second post i 100% did not understand. lol

its nice to see the list filling up! yay!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

happy birthday

my second post was in reference to how i got my xb, i actually won it in a radio contest by living in it for 4 days. thus me wanting to get a room instead of just sleeping in the car will likely be humourous to clayton and mike ;)
Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mdMiketC
Originally Posted by draxcaliber
I'd rather not chance snapping or breaking anything seeing how this is my daily driver (i know, there yours and saps DD's too) and I don't have money to fix anything if it gets broken so just show for me.
umm i can ASSURE u nothing will "snap". my tC is my DD too and its goion strong. if u want u can drive slow thru the course. no one will get mad. but honestly if ur coming out and its FREE why not at least drive thru the cones and see how u feel about it.

i used to KILL cones and i have yet to find damage that cant be WIPED off. the most u'll really get is the equivalent of an eraser mark on a body pannel. well...actually my friend leah actually sumhow hit a cone and made a small crack at the ver very bottom secton of her front bumper...but u have to understand how she hit that cone tho. i've been autox'ing for 3 years and i dont have any marks on the car that couldnt be wiped off. also after going thru 1 year of drag every 2 weeks and 3 years of autox 1-2 a month i STILL havent had anything snap besides them stoopid rusty endlinks which will snap whether u autoX or not. i know a guy with a STRICKLY show tC that has had all 4 snap. its ok tho. dezod makes a fine replacement set that are much stronger and cheaper.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT. "i dont wanna break anything" is a very common excuse but it isnt very well founded being that things rarely break from autoX. u have a better chance of breaking sumthing or hitting sumthing on the way there. most people who've never autox'd think they'll break sumthing. please bleve cars are put together MUCH better than you think. lol. we had an Hyundia elantra out there more than enuf times....that should tell u something rofl
Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Originally Posted by captdownshift
happy birthday

my second post was in reference to how i got my xb, i actually won it in a radio contest by living in it for 4 days. thus me wanting to get a room instead of just sleeping in the car will likely be humourous to clayton and mike ;)
rofl thats awesome! i've only lived in a box for one night...and that was cuz my girl was inside it too...and we didnt "sleep" much ROFLMAO! wait does that sort of talk belong in the suspension forum? rofl.

thanx for the bday wishes
Old 08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Happy Bday Beaar, Mike he is right, if you take the course slow and steady guranteed you wont even put a scratch on your car. Also taking the course makes you learn the dimensions of your car and how it handles properly as well. Give it a Shot!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

the xb suspension forum is dead, as is the powertrain, anything of value ends up in vast forum of misinformation known as the forced induction forum but if you want to find info on motor mount inserts it's in there for some unknown reason

i should have more grip this time around as i've ironed out tire pressures a bit more (i was too high at delaware actually) and i'll have a better sorted allignment too , but weight wise i'll be weighed down from chicken, waffles, soul rolls, and hushpuppies
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

damn mike i just checked ur car setup...ummm if u dont wanna autoX u can GIMMIE THEM BRAKES! you wont need them over in the show area rofl i can put them to sum good use then cool them off and give them back rofl. deal?

1. Larry tC - N/A
2. Leah tC - N/A
3. Chad tC - N/A
4. Brandon tC - N/A
5. Justin xA
6. Moises tC
7. Kanundrum- Sapan
8. tc4italy - Claudia
9. draxcaliber -christian
10. mdMiketC - Mike - Show Only, No AutoX
11. Captdownshift - David
Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Noics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kanundrum
Happy Bday Beaar, Mike he is right, if you take the course slow and steady guranteed you wont even put a scratch on your car. Also taking the course makes you learn the dimensions of your car and how it handles properly as well. Give it a Shot!
Thanks Sapan

not to mention it actualy teaches u really really good accident avoidance. i speak from experience. u learn weight transfer and the amount of load tires can take before they break free as well as the true handling abilities of your car at it its limit (as sapan stated already) autoX is the reason i havent wrecked my car a whole lot more. no one in my city can drive. they all have crayon writing on construction paper for drivers licenses

Originally Posted by captdownshift
the xb suspension forum is dead, as is the powertrain, anything of value ends up in vast forum of misinformation known as the forced induction forum but if you want to find info on motor mount inserts it's in there for some unknown reason

i should have more grip this time around as i've ironed out tire pressures a bit more (i was too high at delaware actually) and i'll have a better sorted allignment too , but weight wise i'll be weighed down from chicken, waffles, soul rolls, and hushpuppies
dave you are completely not allowed to get better traction. u almost took me out in delaware. i cant get beaten by a square car. then all my round car friends will make fun of me u should totally buy EXTRA chicken and waffles heavy on the syrup! every pound helps!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I know sap broke his sway bar one time autoX'n and has snapped a few wheels studs as well.

And hell, i wasn't even thinking about the possibly body damage but thats another thing to think about.

You think Mo is going to autoX his car? I don't know but I wouldn't if I were him.

My thing is that I know I could do the autoX'n with my suspension and brakes. I just don't have the money IF something were to happen. So I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Quick Reply: **Scion Discounted NASA Midatlantic Autocross! Sept.28**