Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

car got broken into this morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
SL Member

Default car got broken into this morning

yep just like the title says, i walked out this morning to go to work and my driverside window was shattered all in my seat. my gps and ipod are both gone. thanks god i have the boxes to both so i can get the serial numbers to the cops asap. an officer was already here took up my info and everything. i just didnt have the serial number right there to give him, he gave me his number so its all good. im trying to look on the brightside, this dick the broke into my car atleast left my sunglasses and camera. but its still a ____ty way to start a friday. already checked out prices for a new window, look at 272 or so.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks. portable electronic devices aren't covered by car insurance against theft. shame.

remember to keep that stuff out of sight when you leave your car. try and enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
SL Member

pics http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=19c4043b62 but the good news is i called my insurance company and im getting my window replaced for 220. got an appointment for 1 pm
Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

aww man sorry to hear bout that. least they left your gum lol hope everything gets taken care of. and yeah keep that stuff hidden, if they can see it, then its game. you don't have an alarm??
Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

insurance wont cover the whole cost of the window?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bummer dude...Hope you didnt have your GPS visible to the outside & your IPOD just out in plain sight?....Hope you know you need to take everything out of the car next time.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM
SL Member

everything was hidden, my ipod was in the center console as well as the gps. i have a feeling someone has been checking my car out for a while. like unless you have ridden with me you wouldnt know i have/had and ipod or gps. plus not to mention the tools i had in the back of my car are probably worth 1k easy and my camera and sunglasses were left out in the open. plus my original ipod was in the very bottom of the center console. all in all a bad situation. im looking into a better security system now(any recomendations). cause either my alarm didnt go off or no one in the entire neighborhood heard it. i found all my serial numbers for everything so if they did try to pawn my stuff they will be busted.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap and i just saw ur car couple weeks ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Python-991-Res...3260350&sr=8-1

according to the description, it will tell u up to a mile if ur car's broken into or not
Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default car got broken into this morning

Yeah, sounds like someone you know, otherwise they would of cleaned house. If your iPod was a touch model they have a service with me.com that will let you track it, wipe it clean, etc.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 AM
SL Member

for some reason i think it might have been one of the neighborhood kids, i just got a new job and i get home earlier now and i drove past a group of kids probably 15 or 16 and they like i dont even know gave me the stink eye for whatever reason. it wasnt like i tried to hit them, i gave them ample room to walk. maybe becuase i bust my ___ to afford my car. whatever the reason i dont know. but i dont think they could see in my car, unless they walked up after i went inside. if i see them again ill see if their behavior or whatever changes. but seeing how i have my serial numbers for my ipod and gps i have family who are moco cops and im gonna see if they will run the serial numbers for me. hopefully my stuff was pawned so at the least i can get them back. al i can do is hope really
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I feel your pain man. My touch was stolen out of my glove box when I was in class about 3-4 months ago and the cops never really did anything about it and I haven't seen it since. It really sucks that people are that low to steal from other people who work for what they have.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by scionracer254
for some reason i think it might have been one of the neighborhood kids, i just got a new job and i get home earlier now and i drove past a group of kids probably 15 or 16 and they like i dont even know gave me the stink eye for whatever reason. it wasnt like i tried to hit them, i gave them ample room to walk. maybe becuase i bust my ___ to afford my car. whatever the reason i dont know. but i dont think they could see in my car, unless they walked up after i went inside. if i see them again ill see if their behavior or whatever changes. but seeing how i have my serial numbers for my ipod and gps i have family who are moco cops and im gonna see if they will run the serial numbers for me. hopefully my stuff was pawned so at the least i can get them back. al i can do is hope really
Sounds like you're taking it better than some would. And props to ya for filin' away those sn#s. With those turned into the cops... first thing they do is send them out over the wire to all the local pawn shops, second hand stores etc. And the SN is now in every store's database. Anyone coming in to fence it... they'll get nailed right then and there.
I wish our center consoles in our tC's were like the mid-2000's VW sedans. They actually have locking features for the trunks. that once the car is locked you can only get into it from a key in the closed center console, or an actual ignition key for the car. A buddy of mine had his Jetta stolen by kids doing joyriding.... and he had locked his laptop in the trunk. So since the kids didnt have an actual key to start the car, they never knew about that feature. Saved him his 3000 dollar laptop when they found his car across town a few days later.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats not so bad. Last night I saw a dude breaking into a car. I called the police and they went after him. Little did I know...this dude broke into 9 other cars that night. Shatter glass and everything. As I woke up, we find out that my parent's car was hit as well FML.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Domo
Thats not so bad. Last night I saw a dude breaking into a car. I called the police and they went after him. Little did I know...this dude broke into 9 other cars that night. Shatter glass and everything. As I woke up, we find out that my parent's car was hit as well FML.
Oh wow... that suck's a bag of rocks. And welcome to the world of Karma... even-though you're parent's car got hit too... at least you were in the right place/right time to witness the little dirtbag doing that to cars.. so at least the cops have a description of that waste of space. Hopefully with that they can nab his a$$.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he was dumb enough to break into 9 cars around the same block, the cops cornered him and now he is gonna get convicted. Oh and it rained last night. Sucks, came back to find rain and crap all over the place. The criminal broke into 9 cars and only came out with 24 dollars.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 PM
SL Member

yea man i was so happy when i found the boxes to my ipod and gps. thats the only thing these guys never consider because so many people just throw the boxes away and think eh ill never need anything from um and then one morning their stuff is gone and they are pretty much sol. but domo that sucks man, at least they caught the guy
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah but the chance of cops actually solving a crime is pretty slim.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hows this situation going? everything fixed now or you still in limbo
Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
SL Member

i got my window replaced the day of but had to go back today cause they pretty much did no clean up inside the door so everytime the window goes up or down you can hear it scraping and scratching. i called my insurance to see if my ipod and gps were covered which they aren't. i kinda already figured that but i i wanted to see. still haven't gotten the serial numbers run, ive called the cop twice now and he hasn't called me back so im gonna talk to my aunt and see if she can run them for me since she is a county cop. i felt so stupid too i saw her on tuesday while i was at lunch and i totally forgot to ask her but i didnt have the serial numbers on me anyways so i guess it didnt matter. im just trying to move on with everything now. its kinda dawned on me that i will never see my stuff again. im still keeping an eye out in my neighborhood though. haven't seen that group of kids that eyed me up before everything was taken so it leads me to believe that they took my stuff.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all that mods on ur car and ur aunt is a cop. the irony

Quick Reply: car got broken into this morning