Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

illegal car lights in pg county equals police brutality!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pepper spraying? On a traffic stop? For real? They shouldn't have needed that if the cop didn't blow it out of proportion (And his attitude when he got to the car). Telling him to get out of the car? For what for having blue lights? Questioning the ticket with the cop verbally? The cop seemed like a hot head no surprise this happened.

It is sad that these cops only got suspended. I hope they get charged with a lot more like assault and battery?

And I love how cops scream "You are under arrest!" For what? State the charges!

But thank you, I am staying away from PG now.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pepper spraying is a common thing for cops to do. It allows the cops to contain a situation before it gets out of hand and someone gets hurt for real. When someone is as incredibly uncooperative as the guy in that video, the cops HAD to do something.

How many times did they ask him to turn his car off? You are supposed to turn your car off when you get pulled over. Period. Cops don't want to get run over... which happens relatively often.

How many times did they ask him to get out of the car?

How many times did they tell him to get on the ground? 20? 30? They never even forced him to the ground. They asked him to "sit down" after a while.

The one cop gave him a few whacks with a flashlight or something similar... that might have been a little much... but other than that it didn't seem like a big deal. The guy was doing something illegal, then was being a jerk, then resisted arrest. I'd expect similar treatment if I did that during a traffic stop.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what pepper spray is used for. But the use of pepper spray only escalated the situation; that is when the guy started moving and thrashing around which the cops probably saw as resisting arrest and a saw it necessary to hit him.

The cops are not there to escalate situations but defuse them. I don't feel that their actions helped do anything but escalate the situation. I am not saying the guy was handling the situation the best, the better way would be to go to court, but I am saying they should have not shouted at him and yelled at him when he was verbally objecting to the ticket.

You can object to a ticket, you can do that. You can tell a cop that you think he is crap if you would like. But as a cop, you can not get so easily upset over these things.

The cop got ____ed and lost his temper because the guy objected and would not sign the ticket.
I am sure people have objected to tickets, refused to sign it, worse than this before and have not been pulled out of the car yelled at and pepper sprayed for it.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll make this short but I had to stop watching at 11.32. Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief Police aren't really friends of anyone and most act this way on a daily basis. Experience talks! I had yellow headlights in my whip and they got all butt hurt over it and it cost me out my backside! Peace to all! I have fully re-legalized mine after being harassed a dozen times in 3 months!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM

The moco cops ain't too bad, they are pretty chill. One cop even stop to help me put on my spare tire at night on the highway... couldnt see crap that night if the cop didnt stop. Its just the PG county cops.....