Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

OceanCity md. ???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know. I think the only reason cams car didn't win was because his car was all closed up when they judged it. Also he didn't write anything on his sheet so that's probally why he didn't win. Cobalt did you talk to the judges or was your car all closed up to?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think all our cars were closed by the time the judges came by, I heard they came at 830 at night during the afterparty. monica, you have a nice car, as I said at the show. I saw the amount of time you put into cleaning it and getting it ready; you had every right to be
In the scion booth, I never said otherwise. Not sure who your friend is talking about. I don't begrudge you winning a trophy per say. You didn't judge the cars, someone for the show did. That's the person I'm frustrated with. I'm not trying to be a @$$hole about it, if I was that much of a jerk I wouldn't of pulled your bumper and swapped your headlight bulbs for you. I was expressing my displeasure that the judges seemed to know so little about our cars that they awarded a car with almost nothing done to it an award. You nyour self said you hadn't planned on entering it due to that very reason. Your words, not mine. And about the award- the trophy itself isn't important; its the recognition of ones hard work that it represents that's important. I received plenty of attendee recognition, I got a lot of compliments all weekend. I was hoping for "official" recognition, someone who knew quality work and style when they judged cars compared to the models peers. I don't "need" anyone elses recognition though; I KNOW my car looks good. Every member in DoubleTake has told me it looks great, and I value their opinion more that some judge who doesn't know jack about scions. So, in closing, I'm sorry if I offended you monica, it wasn't my intent. I hope you continue to modd your car and make it your own. I hope the clazzios help with the dog fur too.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

star inc. judges the cars.. and they do not judge after the show
.. they judge dooring show hours.
if you were not there and your car was closed up.. you normally get a fat zero for interior, performance etc.. what ever they can see they judge
unless they know the car..
it sucks because you can wait better part of both days....
word to the wise.. type a list of mods and print it out and attach to your window paper.. and leave your car completly open... most shows are very secure
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
word to the wise.. type a list of mods and print it out and attach to your window paper.. and leave your car completly open... most shows are very secure

Exactly what I did with my car.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

my car was locked up to. In fact I kept the windows up the entire show trying to hide my stock interior with tinted windows lol.

my engine was shut too.. thus hiding the engine cover. the rest of my mods are my suspension setup, and wheels and tires.. which could all be seen.

Cobalt.. you had your wife write everything down right?

thanks again for the headlight help. The Clazzio's will be here tomorrow. I guess they had all black in stock at TRDsparks... they shipped yesterday. I had no idea they were in Myrtle Beach.

As far as judging.. like I told you before. I had never been to a show like that before. I actually felt really out of place. In a place I've never been, with nobody I knew, with a car i felt shouldn't have been there. I was just as surprised.. but hey I'll take it. Not like it will ever happen again. I was very happy to get home and see my dog.

Jenny from the club posted said it best on a different forum: "like in the beginning days of scion, no trophies, no fancy nonsense, just a day of hanging out & having fun"

BUT this was a bigger show than just Scions.. so it is what it is

I doubt I'll be making that trip again. I loathe eating alone and I can't enjoy the beach because of the trach. So I went to the show and back to the hotel. And trekked 12 blocks sat morning to find a decent cup of coffee lol
Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

sounds like a very interesting weekend...hmmm
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this will be my first and last time showing at this event, it was fun but I would rather be cruising.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by The01Cav
I think this will be my first and last time showing at this event, it was fun but I would rather be cruising.
it was entirely too long of a drive for me.. you are correct. would have much rather had my car. was soooo happy sunday night when i could gtfo
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wasabixd89
it was entirely too long of a drive for me.. you are correct. would have much rather had my car. was soooo happy sunday night when i could gtfo
I agree, I was suprised at how quickly I was able to get out of there.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
SL Member

For Coblats xD i did write everything down but like what was said if they dont see it they dont see it. I guess we learned that a club member will stay with our clubs cars at all times till judging is done... im willing to do it. It did suck that most of Cobalts car is lighting and it was turned off saturday night. Monica good luck with your car and future mods... can be a really great car!! The show its self was good but every show is run a little different and you need to know ALL the judging details when you get there.... lesson learned. Good luck to everyone in the future!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bigdog82685
I don't know. I think the only reason cams car didn't win was because his car was all closed up when they judged it. Also he didn't write anything on his sheet so that's probally why he didn't win. Cobalt did you talk to the judges or was your car all closed up to?
if he was there when his car was judged he probably would have taken 3rd
Old 06-09-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_andy07
if he was there when his car was judged he probably would have taken 3rd
Who would have taken third? cam or cobalt?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Who would have taken third? cam or cobalt?
I would assume Cam.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea he was talking about cam.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I honestly don't care if I would have placed or not, I wasn't going down expecting to place. I placed so i'm happy. I did spend alot of time on the car cleaning and such and taking the extra time to make it stand out however I could. I went through the car and cleaned and wiped down every crack and crevis and detaled everything but the weather stripping around the windows. I also took the time to make a mods list so that everyone can easily see what little bit of work is done to my car.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Larry you car looked good. Real clean. Congrats on the trophy.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The01Cav
I honestly don't care if I would have placed or not, I wasn't going down expecting to place. I placed so i'm happy. I did spend alot of time on the car cleaning and such and taking the extra time to make it stand out however I could. I went through the car and cleaned and wiped down every crack and crevis and detaled everything but the weather stripping around the windows. I also took the time to make a mods list so that everyone can easily see what little bit of work is done to my car.
i wasn't trying to come off sounding as if you didn't deserve to place. sorry if anyone took it that way. you cleaned your car and were there for the judging. congrats on the trophy
Old 06-10-2010, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't stand around while they judged my car. I didn't want to bug them.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone car to go to jersey and run the road course with me????