Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

A sad day to be me

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so yeah, if your car starts moving without that rf key being present, lojack contacts you at up to 5 different contact numbers to ask you if you are aware that your car is moving. then you can say "no my car shouldn't be moving, it is being stolen, please contact the police" and so on.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That new early warning system is much needed improvement for LoJacks system, but they still arent bulletproof by far. Any alarm can be put to the side if you know anything. I have a friend who works for lojack and after he told me whats involved with installing them, I literally laughed.

Im not saying alarms are useless, but all they are is a deterrent.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to tell customers there is no such thing as theft prevention. Just Theft Deterent and Theft Recovery.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just bought an AutoPage for my car last night and Im going to do pick it up today Hopefully it works great!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 AM

SL Member

This really sucks, Mark.
Hope you are holding up okay and made it back to MD safely!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TuningIsLife
I used to tell customers there is no such thing as theft prevention. Just Theft Deterent and Theft Recovery.
I can make a car pretty bulletproof but nothing really stops a rollback with a claw. Hoodlums dont worry me, other than the damage they leave. You're right though. You know as well as I do that 99% of every alarm install that goes into a customers car has plenty of flaws. Its not like you have time in most cases to spend 8 to 12 hours making the alarm perfect and hard to get by.

The alarm in my car took two days to put in the way I wanted it. As far as a "normal" install that you would get from a shop, that would take me less than 2 hours.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
I can make a car pretty bulletproof but nothing really stops a rollback with a claw. Hoodlums dont worry me, other than the damage they leave. You're right though. You know as well as I do that 99% of every alarm install that goes into a customers car has plenty of flaws. Its not like you have time in most cases to spend 8 to 12 hours making the alarm perfect and hard to get by.

The alarm in my car took two days to put in the way I wanted it. As far as a "normal" install that you would get from a shop, that would take me less than 2 hours.

Mine is done using Black Wiring, and it connected to the horn as well. So if they yank the siren wire, the horn is still going. That and I have 1 mile range. and if they managed to get under that dash, they would only see a mess of black wires that I don't even want to trace.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB

Mine is done using Black Wiring, and it connected to the horn as well. So if they yank the siren wire, the horn is still going. That and I have 1 mile range. and if they managed to get under that dash, they would only see a mess of black wires that I don't even want to trace.
Air Horns FTW. But do you have a set mounted inside under the seat?? yeah, Im that crazy.

You really believe DEIs 1 mile claim? I find it to be lucky if its up to a quarter mile...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say at least a quarter mile inside of buildings. I could remote start it in Arundel Mills Mall, and it would be out in the food court parking lot. It works a lot better in buildings then the old responder technology ones did.

Read the Python 990 reviews on Circuit City's site. They all give it great reviews and love the range just complained about the install time ( and installers ) during Christmas season (rofl)