Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

safelite auto glass on West st in Annapolis are ripoffs!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default safelite auto glass on West st in Annapolis are ripoffs!

I had the pleasure of having my car broken into in Nov of 05. I contacted my insurance company, and they recommended Safelite Auto Glass on West Street in Annapolis. Safelite came out and replaced the busted out drivers side front window. This should be the end of the story, but its not.

A month later the same window I had just recently had replaced literally fell down inside the door. They came out to replace the window again. The tech doing the job said the cold must have loosened the adhesive that holds the window to the window bracket. Window replaced, should be the end of the story again.

Well today, I cracked the window to let in a little air while the ac was cooling down. The window fell in the door again! same way as last time, first the back part then the rest of the window. I called safelite to complain about this and got a rep with as much common sense as a sack of rocks. He said that there was nothing he could do and became very condesending. I asked to speak with his supervisor, because I was done dealing with the circus chimp of a rep. The supervisor said that he would have somjeonje come out this monday between 8 and 12 to fix it. I asked what was I supposed to do to keep people from steaqling my car or stereo, he said I should tape plastic in the window. I told him that that was a brilliant plan and I am sure the trash bag would deter all would be thieves. He then said that he would agaqin have someone out on monday to fix it. the call ended. I was ____ed.

I called back 10 minutes later realizing the ___ of a sup never took my contact info. I asked another of the trained monkeys answering the phone to confirm my appointment for mondaqy, and no suprize, there wasnt one. Luckily I got the number of the supervisor earlier and called him back. There was hell to pay!.

Long story short Safelite Auto glass on West Street in Annapolis, and the entire Safelite company are crooks and liars. The adhesive gthey use to "secure" the window to the bracket has as much holding power as a childs glue stick!

Stay Away from Safelite!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member

from a manager of a large glass shop if they do not get it fixed contatct ur ins company and complain to them, and did they use a factory toyota glass more then likely not its and aftermarket u can tell if its factory or not its stamped on the glass and what brand it is, 99% of the aftermarket door glass's have a problem with the bonding agent to keep the glass bonded ive replaced many many door glass b/c of the seperating glass and it has nuthing to do with weather its the chemical agent so if they dont take car of this for u asap call ur ins agent get them involved thats why u pay for ins and make them use a factory toyota glass.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have already contacted the insurance company. They said I would have to get a "full door strip down" to find out if it is a toyota problem, (my warrenty has expired) or a Safelite problem. The fact that it has happened twice now is a big clue. it was not an oem piece since it was stampted safelite and not the toyota logo.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I will garuntee you that its the fault of Safelite. How do I know? Because I have your same problem right now. I had my car broken into about a year ago and Safelite on West St replaced my window with a piece of poop aftermarket glass. The other day I went to roll my window down and the glass just fell off track.

I popped my door panel off the next day to find the exact same problem that you are having. The bonding glue that holds the cheap plastic mounts on the bottom of the window has seperated from the glass and now my window is just floating.

Im going to call them and complain when I get a chance.

I wonder if they will reimburse me for the tint that is on my window? That ought to be a good argument. I wonder if they even have OEM glass because the stuff they put in looked absolutely horrible. When you looked at the glass it had huge waves in it. Keep me updated on your situation.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad you guys let me know about Safelite. I'll be sure to tell any of my customers to steer clear of them.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member

This is not a scion manufacturing problem its a safelite replacement glass problem. Safelite has a lifetime gaurantee on their replacements, so if it keeps happening they have to keep replacing it. Have you asked them about an oem replacement glass since the aftermarket keeps coming apart? If your not getting the results from the shop you had the work done at Im sure the head office would love to hear from you. Contact Safelites headquarters and ask to speak with a supervisor in client services, explain to them what happened and tell them that you want an oem part because this one keeps falling apart. If they are anything like the company I work for they will go over and above to make things right and take care of the problem. Keep me updated on what happens this is rather interesting.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, big suprise, two days ago the replacement window that they replaced the other replacement window with fell down. I called them again and now am getting a oem window. At least that's what they told me!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well in another stunner of an update, the safelite agent, the one who set up my appointment yesterday for them to come out today, informed me that they accidently bumped me off the schedule and would have to reschedule my appointment. They have seriously messed up every appointment I have had.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I ever have glass problems on my xB I'm definately not calling Safelite! Good luck.