Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Scion Clubs In Va or surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
somebody please explain to me what a "GFZ" is so i can laugh along with you?
Pm'ed Sir.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by lovinmytC

and i'm not trying to step on any toes here or start anything, i'm just sticking up for my family :D
You're right being a meanie face just comes natural to you! you don't have to try!! haha

JK bay
Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thehotstickersdotcom
Originally Posted by draxcaliber
somebody please explain to me what a "GFZ" is so i can laugh along with you?
Pm'ed Sir.

thank you kindly!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jesus christ you are a touch bunch of kids. Alas I meant no harm in asking what I had asked but never the less you have seemed to turn an innocent post into a tantrum. Well no harm this has honestly been fun. Its quite amussing to see you all bicker on like someone shoved a tampon in ya sideways and simply it was a question that either was worded wrong or taken wrong. But either way none of this make the scion community look good no matter how you read this crap
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by pantzjrdelux
Jesus christ you are a touch bunch of kids. Alas I meant no harm in asking what I had asked but never the less you have seemed to turn an innocent post into a tantrum. Well no harm this has honestly been fun. Its quite amussing to see you all bicker on like someone shoved a tampon in ya sideways and simply it was a question that either was worded wrong or taken wrong. But either way none of this make the scion community look good no matter how you read this crap
I thought my post was more geared twords turning this thread around, i guess you can't stop a frieght train!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No don't get me wrong man I appreciate the thought. For god sakes don't take that as an invite to keep that going. I was just stating a fact. Just bothers me when people preach certain things then turn around and do and say those very things just in a different way.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well you kind of walked into this forum trying to be some kind of scion elitist that because your tc is noticibly more modified, you can't be seen with those of us with more stock rides.

when i went to the spring photoshoot last may, my tc was one of the more stock rides there, but did that stop me from getting along with the folks who owned tc's with custom painjobs, interior, sound systems, turbo chargers and what not. no, we all got along and had a great time all day long hanging out and going to eat and such.

stop going around trying to sound like your better than us because you put more time and money into your car than some others.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 PM
SL Member

No don't get me wrong man I appreciate the thought. For god sakes don't take that as an invite to keep that going. I was just stating a fact. Just bothers me when people preach certain things then turn around and do and say those very things just in a different way.
Honestley i would just delete that last post otherwise, you are adding to this out of hand/out of context post. Find some clubs closest to you and meet up, you know how the internet is these days....serious bidness!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im also rather ammused that this turned into bashing my car lol. People cease to amaze me. Ahh well suppose I'll go tear it apart cuz a post had a problem with the aesthetics of my vehicle
Old 09-19-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes I know, We're all Gangsta's here
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and to think all I meant by that comment was I wanted a nice ___ scion club to join, no outside crap no wanna be's thats it. And before you know it your post grows up so fast and offending people all over....( tears up) Kinda makes one proud
Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes I know, We're all Gangsta's here
GFZ
Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im also rather ammused that this turned into bashing my car lol. People cease to amaze me. Ahh well suppose I'll go tear it apart cuz a post had a problem with the aesthetics of my vehicle
im bashing ur car cause ur bashing stock ones, crazy how things work huh? Go have fun at car shows.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this isn't about your car, it is about your attitude towards everybody elses.

your car would obviously beat mine at a car show because it has a nice custom paint and body kit.

but mine would probably mop the floor with your tc around an auto x course because i put my money into drivetrain and suspension.

and then both of us would lose tremendously to blownxa in a quarter mile drag because his turbo and juiced xa would smoke us down the track.

we have probably spend close the same amount of money in modifying our scions, but we chose to invest it in different ways on our cars.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Lending back to constructive criticism, what are your goals with a car club? SE has a pretty nice discount with local shops in NOVA and online, Scikotics has some pretty good deals through the online parts community. Both organizations seem to have a pretty active forum and monthly non-car show events. If you are looking for technical interchanges, you should be good regardless of club. I hit up NOVA SE for advice and lessons learned on FI even though I'm in the Scikotics MD chapter since they have a larger knowledge base in that area. For me, distance was the deciding factor and SE didn't have anyone in Southern MD.

Good luck on finding a club, hopefully your aims are benevolent, those running stock may just not be in as good of financial position, it doesn't mean they aren't interested in modding. Feeding a child should rightly come before adding an intake.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here read this one again
Originally Posted by lovinmytC
99.9% of scion clubs in the mid-a region are join as you are, stock, mild wild, we dont care. if you want friends and a great group of people to hang out with, then a scion club is the way to go. yes, we have stickers, but you arent required to have one. some people prefer them, some dont. yes, we hang out at BK and chick fil a sometimes with other car clubs and car enthusiasts, but again, you dont have to if you dont want to. if you want to go to shows instead and not hang out in public with us on the weekends, then a scion club is probably not for you, sorry.

but all in all, the scion community is a friendly community. we consider everyone family and close friends. we hang out on the weekends, we do dinner during the week, we go to night clubs, we go the movies, we go to parties, and we go to shows. we travel all over various states with each oher, we cram people into hotel rooms and party it up. and we dont give a D*** if your car is fresh off the dealer lot or if you've put an extra $15k into it, but obviously you do.

go join emotion or something.

end rant.

i love you guys
Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I didnt bash stock ones I kinda clarified what I meant by "stock ones" Further in the post. But hey I'm proud to give you something to complain about. Once again this was what I was refering to when I started all this. Just wondering If there were any clubs out there that didnt act like you should hold the meetings at chuckie cheese
Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I didnt bash stock ones I kinda clarified what I meant by "stock ones" Further in the post. But hey I'm proud to give you something to complain about. Once again this was what I was refering to when I started all this. Just wondering If there were any clubs out there that didnt act like you should hold the meetings at chuckie cheese
Chuckie Cheese is awsome!!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so ive learned 3 things so far. You want to be set apart from stock Scions, u don't like Burger King or Chuckie Cheese.... what else?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trust me I am by no means any better financially than any of you. And honestly Im not looking for any gain from any club except the one I stated above. I've been out of the club stuff for several years for this very same reason. I wanted to get back into as long as I could find a Group. But when you get right down to it everyone seems to pretend then one lil thing shows their true colors. My car isnt any better than anyones and quite honestly after looking at some of your profiles I envy alot of the things you all have for I am broke as well. But 2 pages later and a few smart comments to supposed " family" we are here

Quick Reply: Scion Clubs In Va or surrounding areas