Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Scion Evolution - Maryland Chapter????

Ok everyone, I am looking to get a poll started to see how many people are interested in having a Maryland chapter of Scion Evolution. The more people we get in, the quicker we can get up and running. SE - Miami started not to long ago, and have a big base, they are doing really good down there, having a lot of events and meets.

If you vote yes, please add where in Maryland you are from so I have an idea where we should have our meets and such. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

I'm in.....I may actually OWN two scions here soon! :D a tC and our DEMO xB
Old 07-05-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

can i just tag along?

i already belong to a car club :D
Old 07-06-2004, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
I still don't understand the advantage to being a part of SE compared to what we do now. Besides having to pay $40 for a shirt and sticker.
There are a few advantages. The membership dues pays for the shirts and stickers, it also pays for the web site maintenance as well as other promotional materials we use - fliers, more stickers etc.
Everything is open to ALL members so if someone is concerned about were the funds are going to and what they are being spent on they are more than welcome to inquire.

Asides from that, Scion Evolution has made a very positive name in the little time we have been around. We have helped put together the Exposed Event in Southern CA. (along with Scion Corp, this was a project I proposed when I was invited as a guest of Toyota to see the tC prior to it's formal introduction)
We have been in the Toyota dealer publication - Toyota Today and we are also helping out Scion/Toyota in their trainning videos..ask any dealer if they have done the tC trainning and there is a section that covers SE.

We have worked hard to get us where we are today in so little time and we are involved with working with companies such as Axis, Motegi Wheels, Arceo Wheels, Magnaflow, Varad, Hotchkis, bBist, Wax Shop as well as other companies that are helping us out . The advantages here is sponorship opportunities - though we don't guarantee it since it's up to the companies to sponsor that individual but you can ask some of the members that have been sponsored on what they think of the club.
Unfortunately, most of this is going on in Southern California since we are based out here. But as more chapters are getting more and more active, they can see the benefits of being associated with SE.

We also have secured discounts for a lot of products....this includes the mentioned companies as well as Cabe Performance, Scion of Glendora and Carson Toyota (we are the only Scion club that they are offering a discount to as far as I know)

SE Miami in less than 3 months with being with SE is working with some big dealers and also will be featured on television soon.
We have some photo shoots and club profile features with well known magazines coming up soon as well.
Not only has the name been recognized in the US ...it is now transcending to Japan as well. We have been actively sending shirts and stickers to Japan as requested by Toyota bB owners there as well as club members of their respective clubs..I think this has to do with several of our cars being featured in Japan.

We leave it up to owners to decide if they want to join us and help promote SE through out the US. Regardless if people join or not..we still support all Scion owners regardless. We are here to have fun and help us much Scion owners as we can..it takes a little bit of money since most of the expenses are paid for by the club.

We are always looking for Scion owners and enthusiasts who share the same values we have and hold the same regard to Scion as a whole as well as Scion owners.

Good luck and if you have any questions or concers..you can PM me, xbboy or bbist.
Or you can just ask any of the hundreds of members of SE what they think so far..

Best regards................
Old 07-06-2004, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be open for it. A chance to be apart of something that could grow huge. I belive in bBism. I donno if anyone else has noticed it. Driving down 70 some random xB waved at me. The culture of this up and coming community of xb (and xa) owners needs a crew to be associated with. I would gladly pay my $40 to be a part of SE.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm definately down for a MD Chapter of SE!

~wC
Old 07-06-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
I still don't understand the advantage to being a part of SE compared to what we do now. Besides having to pay $40 for a shirt and sticker.
To be with SE is like having an extended family not just a car club. I have been in several car clubs and all I can say is that SE has gone far beyond my expectations. Adrian and Nilo are great examples of dedication in promoting our organization. But each of us from SE contributes in our own way to make this organization as strong as it is. I could go on and on with individuals that make this thing work. It’s not just a sticker and a shirt; it is what our people bring to the group. Being a part of SE is great contribution to our overall presence, however what you do with your chapter of SE is entirely up to you and how much you want to contribute.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Thank you Adrian and Dave, much appreciated.

For those of you that haven't heard or seen SE, check out www.scionevolution.com and go the their Gallery, and click on Pictures. Most of, if not all of their meets they have are great turnouts. They don't do the same thing over and over again. It's a time to meet new people from all over the place, get away from your everyday routine, and just kick back and talk about anything and everything. It's a great organization.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Kwik, I'll pay for your membership to SE! :D As a matter of fact from now on anybody who purchases a Scion from us and wants to join SE I will pay for it! Did I just say that? :D
Old 07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Good deal Shawn. Thank you for being supportive.

For those of you that posted about being interest, make sure that you put your vote in as well. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by KoonsAnnapolisScion
Kwik, I'll pay for your membership to SE! :D As a matter of fact from now on anybody who purchases a Scion from us and wants to join SE I will pay for it! Did I just say that? :D
what if i buy a scion floormat will you pay for me too??
Old 07-06-2004, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make sure you get 2 floor mats DJ .. know how those things wear out.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KoonsAnnapolisScion
I'll consider it.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've been a SE member since Day 1. And it's one of the best organization , if not the best, i've joined.

i've had my own share of clubs and organization...but SE is something special. You will notice immediately the family-like relationship within the club. It's one of the most diversified group of people with different taste, background, knowledge and even opinions...but all have one common share - Scion.

SE is not just a club where u get a shirt and a decal, it's not about sponsorship, it's not about comparing who's scion is better than others, it's not about who's club is bigger or better, it's about group of people from all walks of life coming together to share their own views and ideas about Scion.

I've met and made so many new friends from SE...not just "club friends" but real genuine friends who you can call up and ask for advice middle of the night. I am very proud and honor to be part of SE.

So the $40 covers only the material things... wat you gain from the membership is priceless IMO.

I'm sure there are other clubs just as great...but SE is my choice.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Banned
SL Member

I'm already an SE member :D.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by fr130
I'm already an SE member :D.
Cool, so how long did it take you to get your package???
Old 07-08-2004, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for all the props guys....Pls do consider SE we will do all we can to help you guys out on this side...

Tavis, I believe your package has already been sent out, if you have not gotten it yet by this week, pls contact me or Adrian. thanks and Peace all.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default We can do it!

You can count one from the Annapolis area :D I think that this would be a great idea. These Scions are going to hit big around the car show world, and if we make a name for ourselves... well?
Old 07-09-2004, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'd like to chime in....

I've been in clubs before and even my own..It takes a lot of work and dedication to keep it at a level and maintain it. I give a lot of props to all the members of SE in keeping a very strong, tight relationship.

There isn't anything bad I can say about the club. Every member is courteous and always welcomes everyone with open arms. If you dont believe me, you have to be in it to believe it.

I also had my doubts, but its been worth every minute!

SL is a club in a sense, but SE is that and more. More interaction, great support, plus it's like an AAA.. :D You break down, just call a fellow member up! Everyone works with each other and alway there to lend a helping hand.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with Stu. Nothing would say more then to have a row of SE box's, coupes, and well hell I donno what to nickname the ISTs;But to see them lined up at a show with a big ol' SE banner. It'd make an impression. 'specially at a large show. Here in MD I always keep a look out for fellow Scion owners, why not take it a step more.

Quick Reply: Scion Evolution - Maryland Chapter????