Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Team Vi Car Show and Fly In

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn so blown iver been working all week so I couldn't get a plane ready to fly but. I should still be there!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks to all that came out to the show. We had beautiful weather and a great turnout. This was the first show that we hosted at this venue and it presented some challenges and we had a few hicups but overall was a success.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We will be scheduling next years show at the skypark and may be added a spring show as well.

Thanks again,

Mike Baker
President
Team Vi
Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I couldn't make it out, no plane and a 1.5 hour drive just did not make sense!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the show. This may of been the first time a Hybrid placed if not won First.

I liked the variety of events. I was tempted to try the bass off, but after seeing guys with 8 14 thousand watt amps and 30 batteries in the back of their vehicles, I felt my 2 jbl 804s and 700 watt amp was nothing.

My only 2 beefs was trying to find a trash can and the fact there was no non beef items like the dogs or burgers. The guy beside my with his T Rex felt disappointed that he lost to a fire truck. I cant blame him, but his bike was stock, no mods.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

NOICE!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks for the feedback.

- The trash cans were supposed to be provided by the skypark but they did not expect as many people. Next year will be different.

-I judged the t-rex and you are correct it was stock with maybe a minor thing here or there. The vintage fire truck was completely restored and kept up and very well done.

-I will discuss the food situation with the club but I know the hot dogs were turkey and pork.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. Yeah chicken or some non beef in some cases boca or turkey burgers. If I did not develop a problem digesting beef, I would still eat beef. I asked at the food area and they said it was all beef. Thats ok, I had brought some sandwiches and drinks, but I then had the trash issue.

I do not know if you are related, but I use to work with the Bakers who at one time made fire trucks before selling the plans to seagrave. Its rumored one of the state dept in MD has an original 1914 or so body with wooden ladder in one of the shops. I told him they should mount it to a truck for show purposes. Mr Baker was not interested when I asked him back then.

Hey, here are some photos guys of the show. Lots of neat cars including an xb with a v8 and Vetters box with wheelchair/motor cycle ramp. His passenger side looks like a computer work station complete with computer and monitor/keyboard.

http://www.truckshowcoverage.com/pho...s/2009/teamvi/

Yeah, my hybrid has a few mods done by me:

Full HIDs with Relay kits
3000k 35 watt fogs
3000k 50 watt highs
4300k 35 watt low
DRLs/Rear Wiper removed
Tanabe nf lowering springs
700 watt sony xpode amp
2x JBL 804s/10 Farad Cap
35% tint/LED lamp upgrade
custom sealed box for subs
2nd battery for subs with fuse blocks
painted engine cover

Future upgrades, mugen exhaust and wing and tint or smoke for the lamps.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Great weather and I had a lot of fun at the event. I'll definately try to be back next year. This was probably the smoothest-run show I've been too, awards were on time, exhaust and dB drag were ran well, and a few activities like the pizza eating contest.

Cobb, I felt the same way with my little 500 watt JL amp and 8w7's. Maybe do a below 1,000 watt class for dB drag for us amateurs.

Only complaints were the as-mentioned before lack of trash cans and the porta potties weren't the cleanest.

Food was good though kind of limited, maybe invite another vendor for soft pretzels, funnel cakes, or BBQ ribs.

Final thing, not sure if you were aware but the Arbutus VFD show in Halthorpe was also on the 19th, so turnout may have been lower. May want to coordinate next year with them to keep dates seperate and boost attendance at both shows.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yes, we did know about that event. Actually there were 3 or so other events that day. We have been advertising our event since February and none of the other events were even posted until August.

So the problem was that they did not advertise so we had no idea that it was even happening till one month out.

Mike
Old 09-26-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont feel bad Mike, if I had to do it again, Id visit and enter your show all over.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks...

For next years show we will have our date much earlier and will be advertising much more.

Also is there anything that anyone would like to recommend we do next year? Besides what has already been discussed?

Mike