Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Window tint pricing in MD area

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
SL Member

Default Window tint pricing in MD area

Ok, so the windows need to be tinted in the next week or so. Just curious what pricing is looking like in MD area? Last car I tinted was a Forester and of course it has alot more windows so I am curious what a TC is going for.

Live in Montgomery Village (Gaithersburg), work in Bethesda. So I am looking for somewhere in the Rockville, Silver Spring, Gburg, Germantown,...area 30-35% tint
Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

180 to 150
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not from MD, but i got mine done by a reputable shop here in VA for $130. Came with a lifetime warranty.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
SL Member

Woooohooo, just booked an appt for a place in Gaithersburg for $99! Will either go with 28% or 35%. Going in on Tue, 4/6 at noon! Hopefully, I will have my springs ordered by then as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just FYI, i got pulled over last week for tint and had to get it removed. The legal limit in MD is 35%, and the front side windows are already tinted at 74.4%. The darkest you can go if you want it to pass is a film at 50%, combined with the glass it will bring you to around 37%. MD can scan it at the MVA in Glen Burnie, where they'll give you a certificate and decals in case you get pulled over later saying your legal. I believe they're also letting inspection stations do it, the Midas near me has a scanner now.

Tint to your taste but be prepared to pull it off if you get caught. There is no fine for the ticket at least.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean u'll be fine with 20% here in gburg. havent been pulled over yet nd its been a yr nd a half now (knock on wood)
Old 03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
SL Member

My plan is to put on 35% film. I really didn't think our windows were tinted at all. Mine certainly don't look tinted in any way what so ever other than the black paint stuff that is at the top of the rear window and by the rear view mirror.

My buddy has 35% on his tc and it is dark enough for me. With the black interior in the car, it is already difficult to see things in the car at night so going down to 20% would litterally make the interior pitch frickn black imo. But it certainly looks better from the outside! Thanks for posting as I need to rescedule my appt for earlier in the morning as I found out I have a meeting in the afternoon and completely forgot about it. Gotta call them right now to reschedule.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
SL Member

Done, Tue at 10am! Then I'll just be waiting for my springs to show up! Not that I am looking forward to that install mind you! Not that it will be difficult (done quite a few on other cars) but tearing out all the interior pannels just seems like such a pita!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just fair warning. I'd been pulled over before with the tint on for a few speeding tickets but the cops never said anything before, and had the car since '06. However, on this occasion they actually pulled me over for the tint, and ONLY the tint. Now I have to spend another $100 to get it retinted. It all depends on the mood of the officer I think. Funny thing was her hat blew off when she went to hand me the clipboard to sign, it was hard trying not to laugh.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
SL Member

When I useed to live down in Fredericksburg the cops pulled people over for everything. I have received tickets for sound violations, both exhaust and sterio as well as the car being too low and window tint. I have received tickets for all of them. Since moving up here to MD, I have received 1 ticket in 7 years! (knocks on wood) and that was for doing 63 in a 55 on 270. I was passed by 3 other cars and saw the cop the entire time yet he pulled me over. I claimed I was being profiled because of the type of car I was driving (slamed Foresterd on 18's with a TXS exhaust) but of course that did not work. One of the cars that passed me was a fricken school bus! Other than that I have pretty much been left alone since moving here. I would say that the average tint job around my area is 35% or darker! Dude, the cops down in Fairfax even pulled a guy over for the hood scoop on his STI. They stated that it was too tall and blocked his view. There is actually a law on this down there. In the end, about 110 of us caravaned to the court house that morning in protest, all of us with stock hood scoops! The case was droped though several of the folks caravaning got citations for exhaust and everything else you can imagine that day! It was fun though to get the community together to support this guy.

I hear you though and I do appreciate the warning!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I honestly think its more lenient here in gaithersburg. They will pull you over if you have smoked tails. but other than that. nothing but yea idk lol
Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM
SL Member

It also helps to be 39! I mean when they run my tags and see that I am older (feel like a kid still mind you...act like one most of the time) and have a clean driving record I think it helps.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Just FYI, i got pulled over last week for tint and had to get it removed. The legal limit in MD is 35%, and the front side windows are already tinted at 74.4%. The darkest you can go if you want it to pass is a film at 50%, combined with the glass it will bring you to around 37%. MD can scan it at the MVA in Glen Burnie, where they'll give you a certificate and decals in case you get pulled over later saying your legal. I believe they're also letting inspection stations do it, the Midas near me has a scanner now.

Tint to your taste but be prepared to pull it off if you get caught. There is no fine for the ticket at least.

hey im tryna gather up a small meet for this sat! just to meet some sl members in our area...we can grab some food and chill...o...and talk about tints...lol sorry to threadjack
Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea it helps but aslong as you show them respect then your fine. thats the only time I speak so properly haha
Old 03-31-2010, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

chris you better be there if we can get some people gathered up for this sat.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

threadjack like shiit but yea im down. dont think many ppl will be down since its last min
Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
SL Member

According to my wife, I will be around on Sat. I will submit my leave request to her in a minute. Shouldn't be a problem. My car will be stock for the most part but hopefully clean!

No worries on the jack. I know what your working on. Just let me know the details as soon as you can. I am assuming we are still talking about Frederick or are we doing something more local?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unless someone is paying me for golden corral then i'll go to frederick lol. but yea most likely it be here
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM
SL Member

That's cool. I'd be down with either though, the corral sounds good!! Maybe because it is lunch time and I am bored out of my mind right now! Gotta stay here until 4 though.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im thinkin frederick...just cuz of golden corral really..lol unless u guys have a better idea....hey mod bug....pm me your # so i can tex you and give you details...same with you chris...pm me your #...lost your # after getting my new phone

Quick Reply: Window tint pricing in MD area