Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ii say local lol
Old 03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
SL Member

I can pm you the number but my phone is a gov phone and does not get txt messages! It gets emails all day long though.

email @ rishellc@mail.nih.gov hell the number is 301-928-6379 (I won't get the messages until I walk out of the building around 4 though as I work in the basement)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
SL Member

BTW, the name is Chris as well. I was getting confused there for a minute.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea apperently alot of ppl been changing their name to mines lol.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM
SL Member

I don't know about changine mine seeing how I am 20 years older than you! That's right! Who's your Daddy? Who's your Daddy? Yes, I am old dmanit!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mod-Bug
I don't know about changine mine seeing how I am 20 years older than you! That's right! Who's your Daddy? Who's your Daddy? Yes, I am old dmanit!
in that case. ima just call you uncle lmao!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:40 PM
SL Member

That's cool. I fit that criteria as well. Don't worry, I don't think I look like I am almost 40! I'm still a frickn kid!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ii saw we shud jst hit chipotle lol
Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
SL Member

OOOOO my favorite! Which one? I mean there is one by lake forest and another over at the Kentlands, one in Rockville....
Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im the king of chipotle lol

despite that its small. the one in gaithersburg square is best cause kentlends gives less and rockville is alright but why if theres one 5 mins away? haha
Old 03-31-2010, 04:55 PM
SL Member

Dude, make a thread about this. If I post it, it won't get much feedback since I am a noob here. I guess it would go in the regional section right? Just wann know where to look.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think it matters because it doesn't tell the bar meeter how many we posted nd such. you can still put a new thread
Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
SL Member

Posted a thread in the regional section for it.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...82#post3525382
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just woke up from my nap (thats what big kids do) I dont think scionlife isnt as active as it used to be. we'll see what happens
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, you can get hte precut tint on ebay and its easy to do. I tinted the windows in 2 of my vehicles. Just need a warm day, lots of spray and time to massage the tint to the window. I run 35 all around my honda and 35 front 20 rear on the metro with no proiblems in VA.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:26 PM
SL Member

I have tinted my car before. Honestly, I just don't have the patients for that. It came out alright but I swore I was never going to do it again. I am fine with paying someone that is willing to take the responsibility to redo it when something goes wrong. Now, my suspension is another story. I will be doing all that myself.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
SL Member

Ok, so I got my windows tinted today. I went to a place called Hot Tint ( www.hottint.com ) I would like to add that this place is quite a hole in the wall. It is disorganized with crap everywhere. The do sterio installs as well as other bolt on types of work and sell wheels. I did not however see any sort of tire mounting equipment in the place so that just makes me wonder.

My appt was at 10 AM. I was there at 9:55 and checked in with them. I originally agreed to the $99 deal they had going but that turns out to be for a film that they only warranty for 30 days and that the film will start to fade eventually over a year or so. I ended up going with their supreme film which ended up costing me $150. That being said, I would have just gone to the Tint Shop on 355 or Winners over off Gude as they both have done previous cars I have owned for me.

In any case, I then waited for at least another 15 minutes before they finally pulled my car in and started cleaning all the windows. The car then sat another 10-15 mintues with no one touching it while one of the guys was standing outside the by talking to me for at least 10 of those minutes. Finally, two of the guys started getting the tint together and installing it. In all it took them maybe 35 minutes to do the car. For the most part it came out good but of course there are a few little creepers on the bottom edge of the windows. But everything is still a little wet. I will work on them myself over the next couple of days but if they are still there by Friday, I will return to the shop and have them take care of it.

In the end, the tint is probably about 28% when measured. This is due to what ever tint our windows come with (the glass being stained?) and the addition of 35% film. Over all it is dark and I can't imagine going any darker than this. Hopefully, I won't get pulled over but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

So there you have it. I will say that the guys were slammed when I got there which attributed to the late start. I eventually walked/drove out of there at about 12:15. Much longer than I had expected.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont like their work. they dont really care
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 AM
SL Member

I feel you man. Their attitude is evident simply by the shops disarray. But I was able to talk with the two guys that did my install the entire time and tried to build some sort of connection with them and I think it helped. For the most part the car looks good though I still have one little creeping finger area on the passenger door and rear hatch. I have parked my car outside on the top level of the parking garage today in the hopes that the sun will bake it pretty good today. As I stated before, if the bubbles are still there on Friday, I will be going back by the shop to have them fix it.

On a side note it sucks having to open my car door to swipe my ID badge at the gate entry on NIH. But since the windows can't go down, I guess that is just the way it will have to be for a little while.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea their tints is laser cut which is pretty much good but ii think they give a bit too much bull____. They couldn't even properly installed my viper and when I showed them a problem. they just gave me some excuse. never again..
fortunally I gotten the viper taken care of

Quick Reply: Window tint pricing in MD area