Any TC's in Nashville, TN area

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just in case you guys haven't seen or know what the rest of this lip kit is expected to look like. Here it is in abs plastic. This is what it will look like, except only in CF.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, since it dont look like Travs got his CF on yet, Ill update yas. Got the top part of the CAI in, not sure if I want to put the lower part on yet, may get a intake bypass before I do that. Nothing noticeable about having the CAI, yet anyway.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Go ahead and put the other pipe on.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey trav, did anything come today???
Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah, a money order for $70 from a girl in TX that I'm making a grill for...

I expect the hood to be here on the 9th. At least that's what the tracking info. says.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

*Update* I was expecting the hood to arrive at the terminal sometime this morning, but it has not arrived yet. I called the shipping terminal, and the guy said it was in Memphis which is about 3hrs from here. He thought it should be at the terminal tomorrow. Which would mean that if it was to get here tomorrow, they would call tomorrow to schedule a drop for the next business day. Which would be Monday, as they are not open on Sat.

SOOO....what I did was tell the guy to put a hold on it at the terminal, and I will go pick it up tomorrow when it gets there. Otherwise we would be waiting till Monday to get it.

On another sucky Note: It's suppose to snow like 4 inches during this weekend. Hopefully the sun will be good enough to take some good pics.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

*UPDATE* The most anticipated piece has ARRIVED! The last puzzle to complete the front end transformation of our BSP is now sitting in the computer room. Sometimes I sit back and think "Do we really own this"....."YEEEAAAHHH WE DO!" There is a MAJOR + that I wasn't expecting when I unvailed the hood. If you remember "Spray" has the same hood. And when he took pics of his, there was wrinkles in the CF weave on the sides of the vent.

WELL...I'm HAPPY to report there is NO Wrinkles in our hood....WHOOHOO!

Now, there is one Minor - in terms of cosmetic appearance. There is a scratch in the clear coat on one side of the hood. I'm not stressing over it, cause I think it can be buffed out. If not, then I will have another layer of clear coat dousted on it to make it FLAWLESS. Well, enough with my rambling...pics below

The scratch

No Wrinkles...

Old 02-11-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PUT IT ON!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey, stop yelling at me...lol Tomorrow it all goes down.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump...I'm done.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

CARBONIZED

FYI, the wheels are slightly turned in the pics, not that the front end is off, Thanks.

**Note**

I want you to keep something in mind here. Here are the circumstances to which I have had to deal with in the creation you see before you.

1) I am one guy working in my future in-laws garage. I don't have access to any sorta hevy equippment. All I have access to is a tool box, and jack and jack stands.
2) The vehicle was struck on the passenger side headlight by a retard in a chevy silverrado prior to the work I did. Therefore, the very most part of the frame is slightly off. (plan on taking it to a body shop to have the frame pulled some)
3 I did the work all by myself. With occassional help.
4 We all know that "Aftermarket" parts do not have the greatest fitment to begin with. Couple that with the fact the car was involved in a slight/tiny fender bender, and you have a worst case senario.
5 The fenders and the hood, which have a great impact on the appearance and fitment came from 2 different companies, which is another WHAMMY! when it comes to fitment.

With that said, I did the best I could. I busted my a$$ for 3 days and nights straight. Very little sleep (to which my body is now starting to catch back up with the endorphins my brain was releasing to keep me awake and energized, so now I feel sluggish).

I want to thank my future in-laws for allowing me to terrorize the garage for 3 days. I want to thank my boy "Clayton1" (on these boards) for putting in a little wrench time/brain storming to help me on day 2 of the build. And I want to thank my g/f for trusting in my ability to throw the wrench around a little, and for not nagging me TOO MUCH! about when the car will be done (She gets to drive it everyday! )

Mods to come:

This weekend's project is to paint the stock wheel spokes black. (Temporary until we get the Advan's).

A 1-off ZPI exhaust system + S-pipe + Ver. 2 Crank pulley is scheduled for install on March 4th.

And I haven't decided on whether or not to go ahead and get the Wing to complement the lip. Or get the clutch and flywheel to complement the added power from the exhaust. What do you guys think?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I was playing with some of the settings last night on my Cybershot (still trying to find out all the ends and outs of it, one helluva camera), and I took some pics that I thought you guys might enjoy. Just trying new Exposure and Appeture settings. Better pics will come as I learn a little more about my camera. Check these out and let me know what you think. Are these decent pics?

Click to Inlarge

Old 02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 02-17-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 02-18-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, I must say, what an entirely awesome job you have done with that! Excellent work! I know how hard that mustve been. I had to replace the fender and hood on my SHO. It took forever and Im still not sure that I have it right.

That CF looks great with that color. Did the new components feel much lighter than the parts they were replacing?
Old 02-18-2006, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Yeah, the OEM hood felt like it tip the scales at nearly 30lbs. Where as the CF, felt like 12-15lbs. And contrary to popular belief, those CF fenders did weigh less than the OEM ones. Saved about 2lbs on that.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Next Mod:

Scheduled for March 4th

ZPI S-Pipe (stainless steel)
ZPI ver.2 Crank Pulley (Anodized)
ZPI Exhaust (matted with our Blitz Nur Spec muffler)

We will also be getting a ClutchMasters Stage 3 clutch and a Fidanza Lightweight flywheel. I won't have those installed on the same day as the exhaust, as they will take all day to complete. So, we will be making another trip after that to get that done.

PS...Raced an RSX Type S last night for ***** and giggles. Got smoked, but it was all good. Like to see that again once I get these mods done. After that, I saw this Teggy on the interstate on the way back home. I tried to mess with him, but they wouldn't bite....bunch of Panzees!!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you gonna turbo? And is March 4th the day you guys are rollin up to ZPI?
Old 02-18-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, March 4th is the day we roll. You wanted to come right? This is on a Sat. by the way. So, you should come. And if you have to work.....GET OUT OF IT! It's worth riding in a boosted tC...lol. I have started our "turbo fund" and hope to have the money for a Stage 0 come April. I want to kinda wait till spring rolls in, to get the snail slapped on.

PS...When my new salary kits in, mods are going to be blazing left and right. You guys are going to be like "WTF...Didn't he just get something last week?"
Old 02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

AS a matter of fact...NICK, CLAYTON....We should all caravan up to ZPI. That would be so nice. WHO'S DOWN?

Quick Reply: Any TC's in Nashville, TN area