Notices
Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member

Default Hello

Just figured id introduce myself. Im not a Scion owner but like to keep up to date on the trends in the tuner world. Im also a member of Newtiburon,Newcougar,Club3G, ClubScionTc, and a great site that all tuners in the carolina's and surrounding areas should join is ImportsNC. Im from Archdale NC and have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

My Mods.

35% Tint
KDM Clear Chrome Headlights
KDM Chrome Door Handles
KDM Metal Fuel Door
Clear Chrome Tails
Removed Stock Antenna
Swap from low to high oem spoiler
KDM Tuscani Badging Conversion with Billet Tuscani Emblems on Hood/Trunk and Steering Wheel
Sylvania Silverstars
Angel Eyes in Headlights and Fogs
Sony Headunit and 10 disc CD/MP3 changer
Diamond Audio 6.5 Components
Diamond Audio 6x9 Rear Speakers
KDM Aluminum Pedals
Painted Engine Cover
Metallic Blue Door Light Lenses
Injen SRI

Future Mods
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
KDM Tuscani Door Sills
Volk Racing wheels (need really bad i cant wait)
Stage 4 Upper and Lower IM's
Turbo

Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

Welcome and Nice car. You should get a scion.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks. I looked at Scion TC's last time I was car shopping they were very nice and I liked em a lot. But they had just come out so i couldnt find any used ones there where all new. And i didnt want the payments of a brand "new" car. That and I wanted something with a V6 engine. You guys are lucky though to have Toyota/Scion supporting you guys with TRD parts and what not. Hyundai doesnt give us bupkiss. Everything we have to go get out on our own. Most of the parts availabe for our car either are KDM parts we import or parts that our own members or specialized tuner shops create for us.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Yeah, I've been hearing how bad the support is for the V6. Its a relly cool car. My g/f wanted one of the first gen ones, but i vetoed it. Now I kind of wish we had gotten it, after having seen a couple wide body ones.. But welcome to SL
Old 07-26-2006, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member

Oh its the 4cly to. There's one company that make a turbo for the 4cly and a mp62 roots style supercharger for the V6. Everything else big comes from 2 company's. Rippmods out of NY they make a centripetal vortech supercharger kit for the V6 but have been having "issues" with it to say the least. And the other is from FL Nextgenmotorsports. They are basically the go to place for us for everything performance. Turbo and Supercharger kits, hi flow intake manifolds, fuel tuners, and fully built engines and trans.

Here's a vid of there latest product when they were still testing it on the dyno its an mp90 supercharger kit.

ftp://ftp.canaanstudios.com/assassin.wmv

That pull made 250whp and 240ft.lbs runnin a 3.3" pulley @ 8psi on a bone stock engine with an automatic tranny.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Last summer sometime a Tib did 470 something on the dyno at CPdyno night in charlotte. I got no idea what kind, year, or even what it had. I just remeber being stunned at the numbers.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

I think I've heard of that one its one of the older model's. prob the fastest one ever done was one of the older model's. they made it twin engine awd with each engine putting out a lil over 300whp and it was running 10's in the 1/4 mile.