Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

My thoughts on cruises, short and long distances.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default My thoughts on cruises, short and long distances.

Ok boys and girls, after thinking about how the cruise went after the meet at Luther Toyota, I can only say that we didn't do oursleves or the clubs (SL and Scikotics) any good.

We started off decent, sticking together and not speeding and cutting other people off. Then after about 10 mins, everything went to sh*t. All it takes is one person to get a little antsy and things can go down hill. One of the cool things about a "cruise" is that we all stick together and show people that we are a club. If that means that we go a little slower (like a few mph above the speed limit), then that is what we should do. You boys in the xB's with Scikotics sticker, don't think people don't notice those stickers. When you do something stupid on the road, people will know that you are a member of that club. It looks bad for ALL Scikotics members. Same with the SL stickers. And I can't forget about MNSC since Streeter and I have those stickers on our cars.

Now, I'm just as guilty of this behavior as anyone else, so I have no room to judge. I can only suggest that we all start to put a better face forward to the public concerning our clubs. If we do that, we will have a better reception wherever we go and whatever we do.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Travis
Old 12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i totaly agree... im not gunna lie... it was fun and i too was guilty... but i did take the initiative and got up next to JP and asked him to slow down... lol... also who ever decided to let streeter lead for a bit! lol bad idea to have mr. turbo lead!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My thoughts on cruises, short and long distances.

i agree w/ travis. other people will judge us on how we behave. to be honest, i like speeding a little once in awhile but definitely do not want to antagonize other drivers, nor drive dangerously, or get a ticket etc. just not worth it...

when i rode motorcyles years ago in a club, we had a slower group and a fast group. but i'd rather that we don't come to that. imho, you don't have to drive or ride fast to enjoy it.

the appeal of cruising together is to be together and show that we're proud to be in the scion car club.

this is one of the big reasons why i am less inclined to join the cruise. i love it when we stick together on the road, in a nice formation, and obeying the speed limit! we get noticed and and other drivers will more likely respect us as a club.

if we want to race, we should take it to a track, not the road. let's stay safe and show em what a great club we have! :D

what does everyone else think?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: My thoughts on cruises, short and long distances.

Originally Posted by joanthegreat

the appeal of cruising together is to be together and show that we're proud to be in the scion car club.

this is one of the big reasons why i am less inclined to join the cruise. i love it when we stick together on the road, in a nice formation, and obeying the speed limit! we get noticed and and other drivers will more likely respect us as a club.
i absolutely agree. people do respect the club more when we aren't acting like jerks. when we drive slower we get to show off our cars and our club which is a really good thing, especially when scions are imports. the last thing that i want people to do is to start talking about scions like they are honda's, my tC is no honda. seriously that hurts our reputation as a good car company and club and people underestimate how serious we are about our love for scions.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

xB's arent fast lol, how bad could it have been? ZING!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...you guys wouldn't want somebody like me with one of your club stickers or license plate holders...i bet alot of people really hate fitzgerald auto mall because of me!

lol jk :-p
Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mr. turbohead started it ;)
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

We are all at fault so there is no blame being put any one person. I just think we shouldn't do things that might give the general public a bad image of the clubs. It won't take long for the cops to start noticing us and giving us a hard time because we have a club sticker on our car. And this could be said even in every day driving. If we have a sticker on our car for a certain club, we are always representing that club.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do tend to get a bit of road rage when im driving on 35w on the way to and home from school... but i have been trying to calm it down... but mostly just to help the gas mileage! lol
Old 12-06-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Maybe I should post pics of people that were in bad accidents for you. That should take some lead outa your foot heh.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no im fine... thankyou anyways
Old 12-06-2006, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This documentary I watched once called Fast and the Furious has shown me how to cruise.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The party was great - the cruise involved a lot of crap driving. A combination of speeding up, slowing down, getting flashed, getting passed, getting cut off - just general chaos and confusion. It wasn't planned out very well (one minute we're going to Denny's up 169 then the next we're on 100 with last second detour to DQ? Not to mention my own confusion about the actual route we were taking.)

My suggestions for the next one: no line jumping, get clear on where we're going before leaving and I know you guys have walkie talkies - I saw them before you guys left for Chicago! We should make use of those.

And ffs don't let me lead!!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And ffs don't let me lead!!
LOL!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know how to help...
Streeter, let me "fix up" your turbo by mounting on my motor ( for testing only you understand).....

That should help keep you in the line. You see, I ran after you to tell you that you were going tooooooo fast....
Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

all i can say at least it was not me it was the girl next d oor
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone needs to get things into shape or else I'm never goign to come to any events or cruises!!!

Just kidding. I keep missing out on all the fun.