Bobby Rahal = BAD news never buy from them

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Bobby Rahal = BAD news never buy from them

This is just to get the thread going i have my reasons and i will post them soon, But i want to tell everyone personally to NEVER go to RAHAL all they want to do and get your money and get you out the door, even if your car is not fixed

this does not just include scion this includes ALL RAHAL DEALERSHIPS including honda and or lexus and theres more
Old 02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you mean both don't buy a car and don't get your car fixed there? I know most people have problems with dealerships. I'm relatively comfortable buying a car (Diehl tried to pull 2 or 3 things over on me when I bought the tC but I cought them) but going in for service always terrifies me!

I don't know if I want to hear your examples though! you're too much of an insider. it'd be scary.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no never take any car there for anything Rahal just sucks all the way around
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to explain WHY, you cant just come in here and say RAHAL sucks.. WHY do they suck, what did they do, or NOT do to you?

I Personally use Hanover Toyota, but bought my car at Diehl here in york, and I only live 5 mins from them, but Id prefer to get things done right and by my guys over at hanover. Top notch all the way around, from service, to the parts department, and customer service couldnt be better.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sgtfluffy16
no never take any car there for anything Rahal just sucks all the way around

wait didnt you work there? or am i mistaken, i think i met you at a car show and said you were a technician for lexus.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Corey, you need to elaborate. There are Rahal reps on this site and I would like to hear both sides. Alot of members on here have been complaining about their dealerships as of late.

And to confirm... Corey (SgtFluffy16) was a tech for Rahal Lexus. Thats why I want to hear the story... if something screwy was done, was it done because you're a FORMER employee, or was it a legit excuse to get cash.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yes kirby you are correct i am a former employee but, not many people know how or why things are handled there the way that they do. ill will start with some information and add little by little as the thread gets more attention

Let me start first by saying why i didn't even buy my car from Rahal. Being that rahal was the closest/most convient dealership to buy a new scion from, this is where i went first. As i approached the dealership i walked in and looked around for almost 10 mins before i was even greeted by a salesman. After that i was approached by bob sheetz, after i told him i was looking into buying a new car, that then sparked him and his intrest in working with me. I told him what i wanted and he proceed to look into it (the SW 5 speed tC) had nothing. The conversation became more in depth as i asked him a few but extremely simple questions about buying from them and questions about scion. After about 20 times of him running up to the managers relaying the questions i was asking him to the managers, needless to say i got sick of being there. Obviously realizing this idiot doesn't even know what he selling. Let alone he just wanted me to buy the car from him so he could get his commission. Now that im fed up with him not knowing anything about the car or let alone scion, I did not want to buy from them.

I did however make my purchase of my tC from Fitzgerald Toyota/Scion in Chambersburg. Mark Mulford was my salesman. I was treated great and they answered every question i had, and did everything perfectly the way i asked, including asking for no sticker (dealership sticker tag) on the back of my car. I did however ask for a dealership endorsement license plate trim that had fitzgerald on it.

Anywho, Rahal will treat you like ____ from the start. So why would anyone want to go there to buy their car from them. Hence why i went elsewhere. This would be some of the information id like to share with you all for now, more will be added later
Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ill will start with some information and add little by little as the thread gets more attention
Why, so you can prolong the bashing? Why dont you just put everything out there that you have against the dealership, and maybe someone from the dealership who is on here (like kirby said) or even scion district/corporate can straighten it out?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think you just got a newbie sales person that doesnt know what he is talking about. Every dealership is this way. You might get a sales person that has been there for years and knows everything or someone who is still learning. you cant judge the dealership from just 1 salesman.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Yes kirby you are correct i am a former employee but, not many people know how or why things are handled there the way that they do. ill will start with some information and add little by little as the thread gets more attention

Let me start first by saying why i didn't even buy my car from Rahal. Being that rahal was the closest/most convient dealership to buy a new scion from, this is where i went first. As i approached the dealership i walked in and looked around for almost 10 mins before i was even greeted by a salesman. After that i was approached by bob sheetz, after i told him i was looking into buying a new car, that then sparked him and his intrest in working with me. I told him what i wanted and he proceed to look into it (the SW 5 speed tC) had nothing. The conversation became more in depth as i asked him a few but extremely simple questions about buying from them and questions about scion. After about 20 times of him running up to the managers relaying the questions i was asking him to the managers, needless to say i got sick of being there. Obviously realizing this idiot doesn't even know what he selling. Let alone he just wanted me to buy the car from him so he could get his commission. Now that im fed up with him not knowing anything about the car or let alone scion, I did not want to buy from them.

I did however make my purchase of my tC from Fitzgerald Toyota/Scion in Chambersburg. Mark Mulford was my salesman. I was treated great and they answered every question i had, and did everything perfectly the way i asked, including asking for no sticker (dealership sticker tag) on the back of my car. I did however ask for a dealership endorsement license plate trim that had fitzgerald on it.

Anywho, Rahal will treat you like poop from the start. So why would anyone want to go there to buy their car from them. Hence why i went elsewhere. This would be some of the information id like to share with you all for now, more will be added later
youve had your car for years.. why would you just now be sharing this? heh... I mean, if your only reason to NOT go there is because your salesperson didnt know their stuff.. well then, you go somewhere else. Right now it sounds like slander, unless you've got a legit reason as to something they've done TO you... not for something as weak as, "their salesman was wetarded"
Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx

Anywho, Rahal will treat you like poop from the start. So why would anyone want to go there to buy their car from them. Hence why i went elsewhere. This would be some of the information id like to share with you all for now, more will be added later
youve had your car for years.. why would you just now be sharing this? heh... I mean, if your only reason to NOT go there is because your salesperson didnt know their stuff.. well then, you go somewhere else. Right now it sounds like slander, unless you've got a legit reason as to something they've done TO you... not for something as weak as, "their salesman was wetarded"
i have to agree. Seems like a menial thing to get all hurt about. Yes he didnt know his stuff, but did what he could to answer the questions for you. If they didnt try to pull a fast one on you, did shoddy craftsmen work on your ride... or even blatantly lied to you about the car then that would be understandable. But none of that happened.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no this is just a start of the reasons another reason would be warranty, I had and still have a warranty they would not cover my car because the fact that it was Modified. That was there reason the part being warrantied was the pedal cover. The pedal covered ripped on the back, not a wore through pad on the front hell my car only has 9,000 miles on it and they would not warranty it because my car was modified and for some reason because it was modified they wouldn't warranty the pedal cover.

Honestly guys i dont have much to say myself because i have only taken my car to a dealership when i had to, but from other experiences i have seen and witnessed i will be filling you all in on more. This is just a start for me

BTW Viet the salesman i was working with has been there for over 7 years
Old 02-05-2008, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

you keep saying you have alot of other reasons... why beat around the bush? Tell us some of the issues you've had. You can't just say they suck and not back it up... Your post about the pedal cover confused the crap out of me. I don't really understand what your trying to say...

ps, when u gonna come pick up your guitar?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you don't elaborate fully and give us some actual reasons, i'm locking this thread. I understand the need to vent, but this dealership has thrown events and has at least a bit of a presence here.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah i know i gotta get the guitar

Wait the dealership has only every thrown 1... 1 event no one they wont even get involved in local car shows like Faulkner Scion does, Faulker is at almost every local Car show
Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a whole section, its in the review for Rahal as soon as that is approved and available for everyone to see i will put that in here
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you have it in the dealer review, then i'd say this one is safe to lock up.

go for it nick.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No not everyone checks the dealer review, They need to be exposed, and for everyone that has been screwed over. I dont want anyone else too
Old 02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

No not everyone checks the dealer review, They need to be exposed, and for everyone that has been screwed over. I dont want anyone else too
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO EXPOSE!? haha, quit beating around the bush bro! Your mad because the salesman you didnt buy your car from was uninformed about your car and they wont replace a pedal cover that came off a pedal because your car was modified?

quit being weird, tell us what happened and why we shouldn't shop there. An uninformed sales rep doesnt hurt anyone except by wasting their time. But as far as people going to get service, i doubt their gonna deal with a sales rep.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dude i typed like 3 pages and im not typing them all over again im just wanting to put that in here, but i need to see it first

Quick Reply: Bobby Rahal = BAD news never buy from them