Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

CARNIVAL/CAMPOUT CHARITY EVENT!!! AUG 22-23

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rlo
actually the show was good. Dispite only 10- 20 people showing up. I just think this event people took it too personal and added clout to the event. And people can say, it's this person because there's no new information. Or that person because no one answer a email. I see plenty of events posted with less info then this and people say they're going to go. Now the sad part is... Scion Corp. is going to look at this and say people aren't coming. So next year we can look forward to less shows... if they're going to have any shows at all. So who really won???? It's a real shame because there was a lot of time and effort put into this. This event wasn't just park your car and hang out for 5 hours. With that said .... I would like to thank Yanni and Scott. I appreciate the time and effort you and your staff put into this event!!!
im glad the event well, just sucks there were so little people there...but everyone had their reasons...but i do need to say that my decision not to go was not a personal decision on my side, it was more because Yanni made it a personal decision on his to say what was said.

if things would have been handled differently or if he would have made wiser decisions, there would have been easily 50+ scions there to support his event.

Last edited by BangorXB; 08-23-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
I could not disagree with you anymore on this statement. Scott and Don know exactly why the turn out to this event wasn't as good as it could have been and I can guarantee you and everyone else that just because the attendance to this show wasn't breaking any records, its not going to stop Scion or Corp from throwing any other events.
i dunno chris, there seems to be very little going in the northeast right now. look at CAT, their team has events all the time, you get the emails.

Last edited by BangorXB; 08-23-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BangorXB
ACTUALLY Chris, I am going to disagree with you on this...Look at the amount of event Scion CAT does compared to Scion NY...its like a 5 to 1 ratio. When Mike was in charge of NJ there were events all the time. I know the economy sucks now, but CAT is still going strong
Well I'm not going to compare the NY/NJ region to the mid-Atlantic region. I was just saying the NY/NJ region relative to itself going forward.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well I'm not going to compare the NY/NJ region to the mid-Atlantic region. I was just saying the NY/NJ region relative to itself going forward.
i will though, its a much smaller market but Sandra and Mike are getting it done down there. There is so much more potential in the NY/NJ area but everything has flat lined, basically.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

anyway, sorry to get off topic....did anyone take any pics?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

flipped a car doesn't get any better than that
Old 08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rlo
actually the show was good. Dispite only 10- 20 people showing up. I just think this event people took it too personal and added clout to the event. And people can say, it's this person because there's no new information. Or that person because no one answer a email. I see plenty of events posted with less info then this and people say they're going to go. Now the sad part is... Scion Corp. is going to look at this and say people aren't coming. So next year we can look forward to less shows... if they're going to have any shows at all. So who really won???? It's a real shame because there was a lot of time and effort put into this. This event wasn't just park your car and hang out for 5 hours. With that said .... I would like to thank Yanni and Scott. I appreciate the time and effort you and your staff put into this event!!!
I wanted to say it sux that the show sucked but don't think it was a too personal thing for most people.I think alot people don't want bs anymore and wanted to feel comfortable going to a shows.this tread had so much bs in it that people knew not to waste there time on the show.rlo one thing when you try you help someone out bunch of times and then things get said you just have to give up.I been to alot of show since I join this scion scene I have never seen so much bs over one show so maybe can't point blame on couple of people maybe people don't want to go to bs shows.corp knows more then you know so scion will be here for us because we rep them with respect and style.I just wish thing would have went def so everyone would have a blast like camp 2 but stuff and things happen you live you learn.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

blueberry pie wasn't blueberry pie it was grape not kool
Old 08-23-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Grape def not good lol
Old 08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

grape pie ftl
Old 08-23-2009, 07:23 PM
rlo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

lol guys there was too much to quote but all you guys have valid points. And it's understandable....but we'll talk more behind the scenes .... So mike, cris, dave what's next rockland???
Old 08-23-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rlo
lol guys there was too much to quote but all you guys have valid points. And it's understandable....but we'll talk more behind the scenes .... So mike, cris, dave what's next rockland???

not for me, im actually moving out of the state next friday, to PA. not far but with the house and my wedding coming up in Sept, im not doing any shows/events for a little while.

rob, we will talk though.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rlo
I'm contemplating rockland still... not sure how I feel about parking in front of a courthouse in town LOL
Old 08-24-2009, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm contemplating rockland still... not sure how I feel about parking in front of a courthouse in town LOL

last year at the courthouse, we were all parked in a parking lot across the st. from the courthouse on a side road, was a great turnout but im debating either going to that or the other show in NJ that day
Old 08-24-2009, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just curious...did anyone actually camp out there? Or did everyone just go for the day?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to DCH , Scott and Yanni for putting together a fun nite..

Jim and I both attended this event.. and to be perfectly honest it
was a decent show although the turn out was very very low.. we managed to have a nice time...

Carnival games were pretty funny..and the blow up obstacle course was fun too!

Hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage sandwiches.. cotton candy and frozen fruit drinks were awesome!

Congrats to my husband Jim for his win (Best xB), Christina for her win (Best tC)... I also won for Best xA/xD class..

Hopefully all this BS will pass and everyone will attend the next event IF and when they have another one...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
rlo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by take4roll10
just curious...did anyone actually camp out there? Or did everyone just go for the day?
nah it rained but the carny events were indoors
Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
rlo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Originally Posted by demaldo924XA
Thanks to DCH , Scott and Yanni for putting together a fun nite..

Jim and I both attended this event.. and to be perfectly honest it
was a decent show although the turn out was very very low.. we managed to have a nice time...

Carnival games were pretty funny..and the blow up obstacle course was fun too!

Hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage sandwiches.. cotton candy and frozen fruit drinks were awesome!

Congrats to my husband Jim for his win (Best xB), Christina for her win (Best tC)... I also won for Best xA/xD class..

Hopefully all this BS will pass and everyone will attend the next event IF and when they have another one...
DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sup ma
Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wassuup!!!! Had a blast saturday night.. really did.. had moments of BS with the hubby.. but all in all it was fun.. Hope to see you and Sasha at another event soon! ;-)