Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Deptford, NJ Approved for Red-Light Cameras

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...68&newsLang=en

Deptford, NJ Approved for Red-Light Cameras; American Traffic Solutions to Run Photo Enforcement Program

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Traffic Solutions, Inc. (ATS) has been selected to implement the red-light camera program in Deptford Township, New Jersey following the New Jersey Department of Transportation’s approval for the program to proceed.

“Red-light running incidents continue to climb and the cameras used in the Red-Light Running Automated Enforcement Program will help make Deptford Township streets safer,” said Mayor Paul Medany. “Red-light cameras are an important and proven tool in improving public safety by increasing awareness of traffic safety, thus decreasing the number of violations, crashes and injuries.”

In the fall of 2008, Mayor and Council of Deptford Township signed a resolution to apply to participate in a five-year pilot with the New Jersey Department of Transportation Red-Light Running Automated Enforcement Program. The resolution that passed selected ATS to run the Township’s red-light photo-enforcement program upon state approval of the Township’s application.

Deptford Township is a throughway for major transportation routes in and around the Township, including State highways and several County roads.

ATS serves more than 150 communities with photo-enforcement programs including in New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
rlo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

i live in Passaic...had them for years on the main roads... I'm not too fond of them but it helps. Less acidents
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everytime i drive to deptford i always see at least 3 ppl run red lights....