Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

NEVER EVER WILL YOU EVER DO BUSINESS WITH FAULKNER TOYOTA PA

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

yeah shoot it over ! thanks .. and yu had a complaint im guessing and yu went to him ? and did it resolve yur issue?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Chambersburg Fitzgerald? Chambersburg, PA
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ no i just know him on a personal level hes a great guy
Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make a call tooo
1800 lemon law

haha sorry abotu ur stuff that went down.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
Originally Posted by PhillyCamoBox
i bought my car from faulkner, the sale was awesome and very quick, havent had anything go on the box yet besides brakes and oil, which i do myself. Im at 38k so far. im kinda wanted my clutch to go just so i have a reason to upgrade, ill never take it to them though got a guy who does my stuff on the side.
why would you need/want to upgrade your clutch??

the only reasons i can see are:

1) its slipping
2) it doesn't feel like you think it should
for just the fact that the stock clutch is crap. why not throw a stage 1 or 2 in there.
I just want to beat on the stock one and get my use out of it. Id do it just for the same reason anyone else would upgrade their suspension or intake or exhaust Performance. Other people like yourself may like getting by on the mediocre level
Old 01-19-2008, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i put the stage one in there. wish i had gone stage two
Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

We never had a problem with faulkner mazda... which is a few miles down from toyota... knock on wood.

My gf bought her car from Pacifico Mazda at the automall and the service sucks...
tried to pull similar tactics on her.

We were reccommended by many of our friends which happen to be techs at various dealerships (honda, toyota, and guys that used to work at mercedes) to bring it to them for service... and so far they never gave her any problems.

they've been good ever since.
I also put a deposit down with Jose on a new car there...

sucks that you had to deal with a money hungry sales rep...
Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

if yur willing to make the drive go to wayne mazda in north jersey.. exceptional service
they even gave me a free cai nd also changed all four brake pads and rotors underwarranty
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

You should re-name this to Faulkner Scion of Philadelphia.

I thought you were talking about the one in Harrisburg where I bought my car. I've had a few small problems there, but for the most part everythings gone smooth.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ive been dealing with Faulkner Toyota/Scion in Trevose PA for a couple of years now. they've always been great with service to me!

maybe its all in who you deal with, and how you approach them?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

dang how many faulkner toyotas are there? harrisburg.lancaster, philly.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
i bought my car from faulkner, the sale was awesome and very quick, havent had anything go on the box yet besides brakes and oil, which i do myself. Im at 38k so far. im kinda wanted my clutch to go just so i have a reason to upgrade, ill never take it to them though got a guy who does my stuff on the side.
why would you need/want to upgrade your clutch??

the only reasons i can see are:

1) its slipping
2) it doesn't feel like you think it should
for just the fact that the stock clutch is crap. why not throw a stage 1 or 2 in there.
I just want to beat on the stock one and get my use out of it. Id do it just for the same reason anyone else would upgrade their suspension or intake or exhaust Performance. Other people like yourself may like getting by on the mediocre level
i agree the stock clutch is crap. but a clutch doesn't really improve performance, though it can improve drivability and shifting.

to me, it sounds like the stock clutch is too light (which i think it is) which would explain why people are liking upgrading to stage 1 or 2 clutches (which are likely heavier and provide more feedback.

heck man, i wish i had the time and money to just replace my clutch out of pocket. i mean, i got 3 grand from my lemon law settlement from toyota, which was almost specifically for the clutch, but i'd rather wait until it goes out, to see if it was defective and get it covered by warranty than just proactively go out and spend my own money replacing it.

imo, if you buy a car, you shouldn't have to replace the clutch out of pocket to get it to drive the way it should feel.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Toyota in Philadelphia (4800 Chestnut St.) is not Faulkner Toyota. Faulkner Toyota is in Trevose.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...rt=40&z=8&om=0

If you go to Central City Toyota, ask for Jamie Haverly - that guy has been working there for decades and has a lot of pride in both his garage and his work. My family has had service done to all our toyota vehicles, never with any complaints. The one time I saw an angry customer, Jamie refunded the repair and made the followup repair free.

That's just my experience. But Central City Toyota is Max Paul, not Faulkner. Trevose is half an hour away from Philly.

I've also had a great deal of success at Conicelli Toyota in Conshohocken, PA - they even have a complimentary internet connection for while you wait (though, their parts shop closes early).
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Maybe this is a dumb question.....

Would the warranty cover the clutch? i though that was "normal wear and tear." Isnt that like trying to have your brake pads covered under warranty?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

hmm i guess the clutch should be under warranty if it goes out lets say a day or two or a week or two after yu get yur car, but it technically is wear and tear.

what is this lemon law i keep hearing about how does it work?

and this is the faulkner toyota off of RT1
i definitely do not want to get this confused with another faulkner toyota (which there seems to be many)
but this is the one that is off of route 1, right next to the pa tpke, and next to street road.. that is all i know of this dealer sorry i am new to the area and not too sure of directions/whatnot.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think the lemon law is something like if theres the same problem with your car 3x, they buy it back, or pay you off. I could be very off though. Might want to google that.

The Faulkner you're talking about is in Trevose, PA.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itzminyufoo
and this is the faulkner toyota off of RT1
i definitely do not want to get this confused with another faulkner toyota (which there seems to be many)
Yep, that's the one in Trevose, PA
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...4027&z=13&om=0
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Jim
Maybe this is a dumb question.....

Would the warranty cover the clutch? i though that was "normal wear and tear." Isnt that like trying to have your brake pads covered under warranty?
+1. clutch disc itself is a consumable item, like brake pads and thus not warrantied. however, pressure plate, throw out bearing, clutch fork, slave cylinder, etc... should all be covered.

really only way to get clutch covered is to prove that it was defective from the factory.

i currently have an issue with my clutch, started with the squeak, progressed to a clicking noise and now a raspy grinding. doesn't slip at all. engages high and feels out of adjustment to me though.

dealer says it will cost 1200 to drop tranny and diagnose, then if it is the clutch itself, i will have to pay to replace the part and labor.....however, if there is evidence of a defect or failure in the clutch system, then they will cover under warranty.

see, my clutch grabs and holds, so i KNOW its not the clutch itself. but i dont' trust the dealer to be honest with me and own up to any defect or failure.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Jim
I think the lemon law is something like if theres the same problem with your car 3x, they buy it back, or pay you off. I could be very off though. Might want to google that.

The Faulkner you're talking about is in Trevose, PA.
yup, in PA thats roughly what it equates to. obviously, its on a case by case basis.

if you've had ongoing, recurring issues with your car, i HIGHLY recommend calling david gorberg at 1800 my lemon. they KNOW the law, and they get paid from the manufacturer, separate from any money you get....so they really have incentive to take your case if its got merit.

HAVERTOWN REPRESENT! :D just watch out for the cops!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itzminyufoo
so the service dept was good too ? how about modified cars do they mind as much ?
im not totally sure...i mean, i dont have anything done to my car at the moment, but next time it goes in (next oil change/service) its going to have lowering springs, hids, vrd grilles and fogs.

none of that really effects the warranty though (springs are trds) so i dont think i'd have much to worry about. unless having things wired to your battery (hids/fogs) effects the warranty somehow. i'll read up on it.

Quick Reply: NEVER EVER WILL YOU EVER DO BUSINESS WITH FAULKNER TOYOTA PA