Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

NEVER EVER WILL YOU EVER DO BUSINESS WITH FAULKNER TOYOTA PA

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love how scion markets their cars as "tuner friendly" and "customize and individualize".....then they use every freaking excuse to void your warranty or not work on your car.

"Ah, this car has been modified".

"Um, yeah....its a scion. i got the parts from this dealership jackass."
Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

apparently your going to the wrong dealership....try Peruzzi
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

peruzzi rocks my socks.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

speaking of which...get your azz up here for your inspection
Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ not due till may lol. i forgot.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
i love how scion markets their cars as "tuner friendly" and "customize and individualize".....then they use every freaking excuse to void your warranty or not work on your car.

I know. this is unbelievable
I promote Scion by modifying my car, and gaining attention.
I drive from NJ to Atlanta every year for the Superstreet tour to NOPI Nationals so I can show my car for Scion.
And this is how one of their dealers repays me, they give me a false diagnosis, blah blah blah.
And they take 50 dollars from me for half an hour diagnosis, which consisted of my car sitting in the lot for fifteen minutes, and the next fifteen minutes having its gears grinded because the tech cant get into reverse. .
i am very dissappointed, and wish Scion Corporate will take some sort of action
Old 01-24-2008, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^they have no motivation too. i hate to say that i would never buy a scion (probably a toyota too) ever again.... i wish it weren't that way....
Old 01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

same here i feel exactly the same way.. unless of course they release a new supra.. then MAYBE i'll think about it
or the lexus is - f
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by itzminyufoo

I know. this is unbelievable
I promote Scion by modifying my car, and gaining attention.
I drive from NJ to Atlanta every year for the Superstreet tour to NOPI Nationals so I can show my car for Scion.
And this is how one of their dealers repays me, they give me a false diagnosis, blah blah blah.
And they take 50 dollars from me for half an hour diagnosis, which consisted of my car sitting in the lot for fifteen minutes, and the next fifteen minutes having its gears grinded because the tech cant get into reverse. .
i am very dissappointed, and wish Scion Corporate will take some sort of action
^^^they have no motivation too. i hate to say that i would never buy a scion (probably a toyota too) ever again.... i wish it weren't that way....
Maybe you guys are just searching in the wrong areas...

I personally have never had a company treat me so well. I've had good and bad dealer expierences, but most dealers are ran by the gm's and owners that handle those things, dealers are not "ran" by Scion. If so... there'd be no reason to have "Faulkner" "Rahal" "Peruzzi" Scion etc...

If it was a flaw with the vehicle, I could understand. But in this situation, it was the dealership that messed up. All Toyota dealerships carry the same vehicles. But they compete to be the one that sells YOU your car. And while Toyota can have guidelines to ensure all dealers promote the brand within compliance, the dealerships are really the ones that work for your money. If it wasn't that way, no dealers would advertise because they wouldn't care WHERE you bought it, just that you did.

Think about an aftermarket stereo company. While company warranty's are in place for lets say Kenwood, tons of audio stores sell their equipment. If something doesnt work and that store tells you somethings broke and another place tells you something completly different, you really can't blame Kenwood for the shops mix ups, you can only blame Kenwood for the defective part (assuming its not under warranty). I know all recall's I've have serviced by Scion have come with some sort of, "we're sorry" present. And Ive had more in few because of my vehicle being the first year production car.

As a BRAND, not DEALERSHIP, Scion has treated me to so many things. Free events all over the country (Boston HIN, RoundTable, Chicago HIN, numerous other car shows), every type of swag I can think of (Socks and Poker Sets included), tons of friendships and industry bonds, special owner appreciation events (Scion Exposed), music and art events (The free tickets to see Lupe Fiasco this Sunday in Baltimore) and even special events that I never would have been able to attend if I wasn't a Scion owner (Prevue Party New York) to name just a few, but there are a ton of other events beyond that. All of that, just because I bought a $17,000 vehicle with an import motor that will run forever. So while I've had dealerships try to screw with me and my "hooked up" Scion, I can ALWAYS try a new dealership or shop.

If you feel a dealership is acting out of compliance, you may want to try talking to the general manager of another local dealership that can put you in touch with the right person from Toyota/Scion. Chances are, your screwy dealerships GM won't give you that info based on the situation you're in, but Im sure their rival will. I can guarentee if this is a situation where a dealership is honestly taking advantage of you, someone from Scion corporate will be there to look into it. Trust me when I say, Scion seriously cares about their owners opinions and catering to them. I'm sorry the dealerships have treated you the way that they have, but you really need to go beyond the dealership level and an internet forum bud.

Tuner friendly in the sense that the vehicle is VERY easy to build. I relate the tC to a lego in how easily you can take apart, reassemble or install parts to the vehicle. As far as TRD parts voiding warranties, all warranty information is easily accessable in the packaging of each TRD product that does such, and your packet you recieved upon purchase of your Scion will also include information on what voids a warranty. Just because its sold at the dealer doesn't make it "legal"... but it makes it easier to purchase. Its hard to find some places to install some aftermarket products let alone including the price in financing of the vehicle. If your mad about the warranty void, you really have no one to blame but yourself for not doing the research ahead of time.

And just to clairify... I am just an owner. I do not work for Scion, I do not work for any dealerships nor do I have any ties other then the fact that I drive a tC. I make monthly payments, I am not sponsored by the company. I just have so much appreciation for the way I have been treated by this brand. While I struggle sometimes with the issue of selling my car to get rid of a car payment, its the events and community that Ive been sucked into that keep me from leting my pride and joy get driven away. I've got so many friends I've met at these events and see regularly that I consider most of them brothers and sisters. Try something other then an all-import tour (Nopi or Ncca((like myself)) , i.e.) and try hiting up a few Scion only events and I think youll see the difference.

Whens the last time you heard of a brand literally hosting/supporting/throwing an event every weekend for their owners... I can't think of anyone that even comes close.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well put Kirby, Well put
Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx

Whens the last time you heard of a brand literally hosting/supporting/throwing an event every weekend for their owners... I can't think of anyone that even comes close.
U think anyone from scion corp. has any knowledge of this?? No. its the employers at teh dealership levels that reach out to customers.

all i know is, if the CEO of scion drove my car everyday, these issues would get fixed real quick. Stand behind your product, thats all i ask. instead of trying to come up with every excuse under the sun why your not responsible.

i think what scion set out to do was great, in reality though, its not much more than a gimmick or marketing campaign. wow, u got some free hot dogs and a shirt.

i would give up all the free swag i got (which i still rock to this day) in exchange for a car without these flaws.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ih8civx

U think anyone from scion corp. has any knowledge of this?? No. its the employers at teh dealership levels that reach out to customers.
negative... Check any regional forum and look at the events list. Its not just the dealerships putting on shows. Alot of them are people like myself that have thrown multiple events for owners and had full support of Scion behind them. Trust me when I say, if Scions name is on an event... they know about it.

all i know is, if the CEO of scion drove my car everyday, these issues would get fixed real quick.
As I said... get yourself in touch with someone from corporate. You can find them with a little bit of research.

Stand behind your product, thats all i ask. instead of trying to come up with every excuse under the sun why your not responsible.
Scion does stand behind their product. Mike Medella, Mike Wirth, Kelly Lyles.. all these names come to my mind. Scion regional/district managers that have made them selves readily available to alot of us owners on team forums. This site is simply too large to cater to the masses. They come to the shows, they interact with the owners.. something I'd imagine your dealership isn't doing alot of these days...

i think what scion set out to do was great, in reality though, its not much more than a gimmick or marketing campaign. wow, u got some free hot dogs and a shirt.
and a toyota motor, quality built vehicle, easy to work on, cheap car payment, decent isurance payment, access to shows, concerts and events at alot cheaper prices, some of which we're only available to owners. Scion camcorders... the works. More then ive seen Honda doing these days. I can't think of any NCCA shows where I saw Honda reps at last year. Of the 13 shows I did on a national level, I can't think of one where a Scion corporate rep was missing.

i would give up all the free swag i got (which i still rock to this day) in exchange for a car without these flaws.
research lemon law.. BBB... and your local Scion representative bud. Like I said, I think your barking up the wrong tree. The dealerships want your money, return business and thats it. Scions got a reputation on the line. Try contacting someone in your area that oversees your dealerships.

Your district manager used to be Scot Smith... Im not sure if he is still in that position or not.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Kirby: Very well put.
I agree with you on Scion Corps relationship with their consumers.
The dealers do ____ me off a little though.

Scion Corp is an amazing division of Toyota, but they really should regulate on their dealerships that are representing their brand. The dealerships are ruining my experience with Scion.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the free snit. i don't like the poor customer service and satisfaction.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

when the same dealership (no faulkner) that sold me my intake wouldnt warranty my MAF (at 21k) i sold every thing on my car and traded it in for a GTI. havnt looked back. The same dealership also asked me if they could showcase my car in there showroom for a week.

they also have this idea that nothing can ever go wrong with there cars. my gfs xA has a problem with the vacuum system which causes the brake pedal to lose pressure sometimes..been dealing with it for 6 months and 3 diff dealerships. even toyota corp. they wouldnt lemon it because they say there is nothing wrong, but ye they cant explain what the problem is....
Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ is this faulkner, or some other dealership you're talking about. if its not faulkner, you should change your post.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

lol yeh this is a faulkner bash thread, but if we had a new thread for every dealer we complain about .. dang.. that'd be pretty crazy hahaah
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by itzminyufoo
lol yeh this is a faulkner bash thread, but if we had a new thread for every dealer we complain about .. dang.. that'd be pretty crazy hahaah
its the classic... for every 1 person you upset, they will tell 10 people... for every 10 people you satisfy, they collectively will tell 1 person.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

lol!!