Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Paintless Dent Removal places in MA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Paintless Dent Removal places in MA?

was wondering if anyone knew of any good shops that offer PDR. any around the boston area would be great, looking for something cheap to fix the millions of door dings on my car.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member

I can't tell you of any in your area, but just a few things you may want to think about. I do body work for a living and we have a few paintless dent guys that come and take care of some minor dents for us here and there. They usually charge around 40 dollars per dent and that's depending on where they are on the car. The only thing I can say is that 80 percent of the time you can still see where the dent was. Yes they can get some of them out and you can't tell, but it's hard to fully get rid of a dent without proper body work. Sometimes it's worth getting them done the right way for the money.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thanks for the info, i just want a cheap way to fix all these dings.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member

Depending on how many dings and where they are, it may be cheaper like I said to just get it done at a body shop. For example, if you have 3 in 1 door and the dent guy is going to charge you 50 bucks a pop, for a little more it may be worth just getting it fixed and repainted. Just do a little shopping around. It all depends on what color car you also have. A car that tends to have metallic in it, won't be able to be panel painted....meaning if they were to fix 1 door, they would probably have to blend other panels in order for it to look like it matches. Like I said, shop around and maybe you can find a good paintless dent guy or a body shop that will take care of you!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

that's what i'm trying to do with no luck
Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of auto body shops out source the PDR business.... dent wizard, independent businesses etc....

I had a couple removed from my xB and I went two different routes.

First, I looked up paintless dent removal services online. Found a guy who come out to your car to do the job whether your at work or home. He was charging a hund for the first ding, 50 for any others regardless of location (does depend on the size of the dent though). He did not do a good job at all. I told him I would give him 50 for coming out etc... and he was ok with that.

The next time I got one, I searched for a reputable auto body shop in my area. Gave them a call and told them about my last experience. The owner of the shop said they actively sought out the most talented PDR person they could find to keep the integrety of the shop up to par. That was also a hund and it came out flawless.

Do some research, talk to as many people / shops as you can. When someone gives you that good feeling like you can trust them.... do it up. Even if it costs more loot, you get what you pay for.

Matt
Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want a cheap, do-it-yourself way to fix some dents, go down to your hardware store, buy one of the older style red plungers, pop it on the car, and go to work. I took a plate sized dent out a friend's Buick doing that, and it actually worked really well. Might as well try that first and only spend a couple of bucks!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tjbartjr
If you want a cheap, do-it-yourself way to fix some dents, go down to your hardware store, buy one of the older style red plungers, pop it on the car, and go to work. I took a plate sized dent out a friend's Buick doing that, and it actually worked really well. Might as well try that first and only spend a couple of bucks!
I would be willing to try this in the future. does this product have name? Let me know.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A toilet plunger. One of the ones with the red bottom.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm