Pittsburgh New Years Eve Event

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Pittsburgh New Years Eve Event

Hey everyone. Mark your calendars now and make plans to ring in the new year right!

Scion and the girls of Näkturnal Present:

The Awakening! New Years Eve 07

Date: December 31, 2007
Time: 9PM-3AM
Locale: Shadow Lounge

The Awakening will feature three rooms of entertainment featuring Hip Hop, House, Funk, Soul and Reggae. Live artists Kyle Holbrook and Jenna Anne will wow spectators throughout the evening. Performers include DJs Selecta, Supa C, Aasir St. James, Brotha Mike, and Dan Dabber, live Hip Hop medley assassins Eviction Notice, and emcees Jack Wilson (DJ Brewer), and Kellee Maize, and a special late night performance in Shadow Lounge by DJ Bonics.

In an attempt to eliminate drinking and driving, Näkturnal will be working with Scion to provide a program they are calling, "Safe and in-Style". Attendees who RSVP early will get an option to upgrade their ticket to include a free ride to and from the event from your home in a Scion!

More details to follow. Stay tuned!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Original post updated with more details.

Here is the 411...

On Monday, December 31st from 9-3am, join us at the Shadow Lounge/Ava/Blue Room on corner of Baum & South Highland Avenue for a NEW YEARS PARTY that will have you saying "DAMN" all night long!

Pittsburgh is about to enter its 250th year of existence. Many people believe that this city is not only one of the most promising in terms of growth and industry but also that it is truly magical. Näkturnal and Glamourlife agrees and would like to make the first few hours of this birthday out of this world.

The Awakening will feature three rooms of entertainment featuring Hip Hop, House, Funk, Soul and Reggae. Live artists Kyle Holbrook and Jenna Anne will wow spectators throughout the evening. Performers include DJs Selecta, Supa C, Aaesir St. James, Eric Justin, Brotha Mike, and Dan Dabber, live Hip Hop medley assassins Eviction Notice, (Members of E.N. include, Daru Jones, DJ Huggy, Gene Stovall, James Brown, and Justin Portus) and emcees Jack Wilson (DJ Brewer), and Kellee Maize, and a special late night performance in Shadow Lounge by DJ Bonics.

Näkturnal and Glamourlife will also use this unique opportunity to help raise awareness for various causes we feel are important as we enter a new year. Expect to get a lil' schooling about things like how to properly recycle in Pittsburgh and more about our involvement with Restorative Events, a consulting firm who focuses on "greening events". We will be dropping some knowledge about Pittsburgh's role in the 2012 Mayan Prophecies, the Green Job Core, Realtalk or about how to become a more politically active urban solider through The League of Young Voters.

In an attempt to eliminate drinking and driving, we will be working with Scion to provide a program we are calling, "Safe and in-Style". Attendees who RSVP early will get an option to upgrade their ticket to include a free ride to and from the event from your home in a Scion!

Info on how to RSVP coming soon.

Stay tuned!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow, I so didn't know this post was here, sorry Jeff! I am definitely in. Can we RSVP yet?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
SL Member

sounds like a great time. put me and lee down too
Old 12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't have the RSVP info yet, but I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.

Roll Call:

1. Jeff
2. Melissa
3. Amanda
4. Jamie (and Lee)
5. Sean
Old 12-06-2007, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jeffyvan

Roll Call:

1. Jeff
2. Melissa
3. Amanda
4. Jamie (and Lee)
5. Sean
Zeuss
Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Roll Call:

1. Jeff
2. Melissa
3. Amanda
4. Jamie (and Lee)
5. Sean
6. Zeuss