Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Scion Exposed Jones Beach Photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
I thought the whole bounty hunter thing was tacky... I might have enjoyed it more after a few beers

And Best Performance going to some kid with a stock turbonetics kit and a Tsudo coffee can exhaust?? C'mon. I would have eaten him at the track.
I dont know why Joe won but whatever. I coulda beat Chris who won for body mods but I didnt even fill out my registration card. Am I mad that Chris beat me? Hell no. He beats me at shows all the time even though I have way more done to my car. Judges are different everywhere and there's nothing anybody can do to change that. How about a congratulations for the kid for winning at his first show ever...

Congrats to all the winners!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TempleOwl
Where is Jones beach? Looks about as interesting as HIN Shea Stadium. j/k.
That event was awesome so cool it Allen!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
How about a congratulations for the kid for winning at his first show ever...
Oh, i'm not mad.... I went up to him and congratulated him in person. But he simply wasn't the best performance scion there competing....

My point is - I don't think I was even judged. Anyone who would have read my engine modsheet would have known straight away I would outperform a stock turbo kit & a tsudo catback. I think the Judges saw my supercharger, assumed the rest was stock, and moved on without even looking at my modsheet.

This was my first show as well, and I know I made a stronger showing performance-wise. Can't blame me for being annoyed at the judges for that.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

How about a congratulations for the kid for winning at his first show ever...
Oh, i'm not mad.... I went up to him and congratulated him in person. But he simply wasn't the best performance scion there competing....

My point is - I don't think I was even judged. Anyone who would have read my engine modsheet would have known straight away I would outperform a stock turbo kit & a tsudo catback. I think the Judges saw my supercharger, assumed the rest was stock, and moved on without even looking at my modsheet.

This was my first show as well, and I know I made a stronger showing performance-wise. Can't blame me for being annoyed at the judges for that.
You make very valid points. I think Joe did say something about you congratulating him personally so I applaud you for your sportsmanship. I suppose I jumped the gun a little bit on ligthin you up. I just really tired of hearing people complain about not winning for whatever reason. The reason is cause the judge picked somebody elses car. Its that simple most of the time. You win some and you lose some. Thats the way it goes in my book.

I did hear what you had in your tC and I have to say I was pretty impressed with what you were running. Hats off to you and keep modding. Dont let this one show keep you from continuing to come out and compete...
Old 09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The information that I got about the NCCA booth is a result of my conversation with Scott (Steve? I'm so bad with names - the main Northeast guy) from Scion. I expressed some concerns and opinions about the event. We'll see how it's taken.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah that is Scott. Good guy, I work with him a lot...
Old 09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I did hear what you had in your tC and I have to say I was pretty impressed with what you were running. Hats off to you and keep modding. Dont let this one show keep you from continuing to come out and compete...
Oh, I definitely will

Hope Joe makes it out to VIP as well - that way we can BOTH get smacked around by Munch's car
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

He's gonna be there. I wont however. Munch will crush you both. I already told him about what Much brings to the table...
Old 09-25-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the whole bounty hunter thing was tacky... I might have enjoyed it more after a few beers

And Best Performance going to some kid with a stock turbonetics kit and a Tsudo coffee can exhaust?? C'mon. I would have eaten him at the track.
I dont know why Joe won but whatever. I coulda beat Chris who won for body mods but I didnt even fill out my registration card. Am I mad that Chris beat me? Hell no. He beats me at shows all the time even though I have way more done to my car. Judges are different everywhere and there's nothing anybody can do to change that. How about a congratulations for the kid for winning at his first show ever...

Congrats to all the winners!!!
Joes engine bay was clean as hell bc it was just put on a couple days ago. NCAA judges are way crazy about stuff. There professionals they do this stuff all the time. They were walking around though
Old 09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

***opps!! this is jennay...chris never logged out of my PC :D

great pics nick!!!! how they hell did you manage to wiggle in there & get shots with all the camera crews around the BH teams!?!

congrats to mike & jill for winning the BH grand prize!!!!!!!
congrats to all the bounty hunter teams for keepin us waiting all week & great videos too!!!

congrats to all the winners!!!!
Special K loved your answer when you won the TV!!! so glad you didnt pick different words cause chris & the boys were ready to yell out '****' if you had said gonna watch some tv lol congrats!!!

great time, had a blast, spoke to lots of people & some NRG team members i had met yet--good to meet all of you!!! please never hesitate to come up to any of us!!

lookin forward to seeing everyone next weekend at VIP etown fall nationals!!!
:D

also please post any feedback about the event...scion corp does read SL on a daily basis & would love feedback...helps to make next years event even better!!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cmec2004
Joes engine bay was clean as hell bc it was just put on a couple days ago. NCAA judges are way crazy about stuff. There professionals they do this stuff all the time. They were walking around though
Again, had they read my modlist and saw how I got to the numbers I did, I feel I would have been the winner had all things been taken into consideration.

Now, I'm not bangin' on Joe's car.... Turbo kits are great, even stock... And his car is worthy of the prize all things considered. My beef is with the event coordination. Honestly, for all I know, they could have come do judge my car during one of the little rainstorms where I closed my hood. The Parking Lot Gestapo were constantly trying to move us over to the stage and away from our cars a lot of the time, so there was definitely some time where I was away from my car while the hood was shut.

Had there been an announcement like "Judges will be looking at cars at 3pm" or what not, the people showing would have had time to prepare.

Some things are subjective, like how a car looks. Performance is not. Performance is perfectly tangible from one car to the next, particularly when they're the same model.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had an awesome time. Food was good and the people were really nice. Plenty of "loot".

It definitely would have been a little better if they had stated when they would have judges walk around like V.I.P. And I had no expectations of winning anything hahahaha But over-all it was a good time.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

great pics nick!!!! how they hell did you manage to wiggle in there & get shots with all the camera crews around the BH teams!?!

congrats to mike & jill for winning the BH grand prize!!!!!!!
congrats to all the bounty hunter teams for keepin us waiting all week & great videos too!!!

congrats to all the winners!!!!
Special K loved your answer when you won the TV!!! so glad you didnt pick different words cause chris & the boys were ready to yell out '****' if you had said gonna watch some tv lol congrats!!!

great time, had a blast, spoke to lots of people & some NRG team members i had met yet--good to meet all of you!!! please never hesitate to come up to any of us!!

lookin forward to seeing everyone next weekend at VIP etown fall nationals!!!
:D

also please post any feedback about the event...scion corp does read SL on a daily basis & would love feedback...helps to make next years event even better!!
Happy even to see me? Thats funny because I heard people from your crew were lying about me pretending to be somebody else during the awards ceremony... Don't worry, I talked to the person I was accused of pretending to be and its all OK now. Thanks for your concern. It was good to see you guys.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i wish i could make it to E-town this weekend but its not lookin too good
Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sorry joe but people were wondering why you were going up there to accept an award for someone who lives in LI not PA...when someone from LI was going to pick up the award for the winner & deliver it to them. that was all, no lying there.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jennay
sorry joe but people were wondering why you were going up there to accept an award for someone who lives in LI not PA...when someone from LI was going to pick up the award for the winner & deliver it to them. that was all, no lying there.
Somebody, who I assumed nameless guy had asked, told me to accept the trophy for him. The somebody who told me is a very close friend of nameless guy so I thought it was all good. No harm or disrespect meant at all. You know you laughed at my speech anyway...

I'm a celebrity!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ

I'm good like that :D

It's called patience with a professional camera and looking like I was someone important.. :D
Old 09-26-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Can't wait for Scion Exposed Mass. Of fto jack more threads
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by krdshrk
I'm good like that :D

It's called patience with a professional camera and looking like I was someone important.. :D
nicks got skillzzzz!!!

definitely, looking sharp in the scikotics mechanics shirt
Old 09-27-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Haha... Dickies shirt... not Mechanics shirt... a little bit different yanno ;)

Quick Reply: Scion Exposed Jones Beach Photos