Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Scion Nicknames

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy junk that is funny. Coolest thing on a hood... ever. lol.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Used to get stopped in parking lots so people could post their kids by the hood for pics.

I took it off because I was afraid of faded paint and the shadow it would leave. Running a carbon fiber now.

Going back to a Sponge Bob theme in a few months I think.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 AM
SL Member

Awesome! love the Sponge 'B - yellow's my fav color, too! Get that hood back on!

OK, so anyone here a fan of the NEW Battlestar Galactica series running on the SciFi channel? I'm hooked on the series - best show on television, very intense drama - a totally polar-opposite of the corny original BSG series from the 1970's. For those not familiar, the bad guys in the show are extremely agressive renegade robots called Cylons, who each have a single, evil red eye which moves back and forth on their faces... quite the cute and cuddly teddy bears they are...

Anyway, I recognized the similar-sounding play on words between SCION and CYLON, and even heard a few people mis-pronounce the name of the car as such. A couple friends suggested my new xD should be called a Cylon; I thought that was an excellent idea, so I ran with it. I themed the entire car on it - and I use it as my screen name here on the Forums as well...

Ironically, the robot Cylon Centurions in Battlestar Galactica are ALSO referred to on the show as "Toasters" - which falls right into place with the nickname for the xB, and even the xD, which has often been referred to as the "Mini-Toaster". Works for me -and my Cylon theme!

So, here are a few pics of my xD with lots of Cylon going on:

Hey, gotta love that vanity plate! btw, the Cylon Centurion standing on the bumper is posed just for the photo, he's not permanently affixed or anything...!

I just recently added one of those cute, cuddly Cylon Centurions to my rear window - same one as seen in my avatar (Sorry, poor night shot)

here's two pics from a recent Scion Event, one in daylight and one after dark:

The polished aluminum Billet grills are very similar in appearance to the grill on the even-more-evil Cylon Raiders (fighter spacecraft) in the new series.

Best of all, after dark my car really DOES transform into a Cylon - complete with the trademark evil red Cylon eye behind the upper grill, which actually moves back and forth just like the real thing, LOL!!

btw, the white and red 'Scion xD' body graphics are brightly reflective at night, but unfortunately this photo was taken without a flash to light them up...
Haha, all that and I STILL didn't win anything at the show...!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
SL Member

Very nice Cylon xD.. lol Hey were you at Peruzzi on Sunday?
or is that last pic taken at Peruzzi? It looks like the parking lot.. well I guess that parking lot looks like a lot of parking lots. =)
Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by YamaRS4
Very nice Cylon xD.. lol Hey were you at Peruzzi on Sunday?
or is that last pic taken at Peruzzi? It looks like the parking lot.. well I guess that parking lot looks like a lot of parking lots. =)
Sandy: yep, you guessed it, that's Peruzzi during the Scareshow on Sunday. Wow, you really know your parking lots...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM
SL Member

I was there too. I parked only a few spots down from you. I had the rs4 packed with clothes.. I was taking my bro back to our mom's. Did we meet? lol.. I'm the Asian chick..

And yes I'm a master of parking lots.. lol Did you win a trophy?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
SL Member

well, I had looked at your yourspace page earlier, and saw what you looked like, but I'm not sure I remember seeing you at all - I definitely would have noticed you if I did... anyway, I was the big fat guy wearing a light gray Big Ten Football / Penn State sweatshirt once it started to get cool out...

And no, I didn't win - there was only two xD's competing, but Sonya (xDevious) won with her plain red xD - cuz she's the "popular local chick" down there, haha - I didn't stand a chance no matter what I did to my car, lol... but I pretty much knew that going in, what with having only people's choice... I sufficiently abused her about it already on our York, PA Meet thread, though, so I feel a bit better now...!! all in fun, of course!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
SL Member

Oh yah, here name is Sonya. I forgot that she did win.. sorry.. didn't mean to mention it, but you seem like a nice person.... Well also myspace pics are a little different. go to
vince's flikr site for pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/visuals...7608440815439/
Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 PM
SL Member

HAHA! who's that big dork in the last three crowd photos, with the Big Ten sweatshirt on?!?!?! what a doofus...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
SL Member

lol.. There you are... =) doesn't vince take great pics??
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cylon_xD
I love the theme on your xD. PLEASE set it up on my site? I don't have enough (if any xDs yet)

Scionetics.com
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
I love the theme on your xD. PLEASE set it up on my site? I don't have enough (if any xDs yet)

Scionetics.com
Holy crap, I'm already out there plastering the same photos all over 5 or 6 different forums... just how many dang Scion Forums are out there, anyway? (rhetorical question!)

haha, jk, yeah, what the heck, one more won't hurt... uh, will it?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Thanks. My site started out as the "grass-roots" site for the Scion dealer I used to manage... kinda took off on me. Over 700 members in Arizona and another 900 across the USA. One of the members named it the "un-club" because we don't try to compete in the club scene. In fact, I try to help them do their thing.

Anyway... thanks. PA could use some more peeps on my site.

Mark