Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Scion VIP @ NHRA Fall Nationals - October 1st!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cmec2004
i messaged chris over aim, he nv responed but its over, noodles situation is far from it though
I got slammed with the previously mentioned issue and didnt see Cmecs post. Much to my surprise though ... he did contact me through IM and we had a very nice chat. It would appear that both of us got wrapped up in it all and we have since made up and shook cyber hands over it. Consider it squashed.

BTW ... Chris is one hell of a guy to go out of his way to contact me personally to appologize. First time in a long time this has happened, and more should follow in his footsteps.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Denstyr: if there weren't some sort of rivalry between car clubs, there'd only be ONE car club for scion owners

Seriously - I like Scikotics. I'm PROUD to be a part of that car club because the club suits me perfectly. NRG was too cliqueish to suit me - and while that might be ok for a lot of people, it wasn't for me....

A little rivalry between clubs keeps things interesting, and it's not like we're going to hate each other at the end of the day. Edit: and if you do wind up hating people over their club affiliation, then by all means - please die in a fire.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

GOOD! cuz i like u both and i dont wanna see any argueing
Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks both Cmec and CB. Im glad you guys made up. You're both good guys at heart in my book. Its easy to get wrapped up and have things escalate. I know Ive done it personally more than once. CB can attest to that one....
Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

+1
NRG & scikotics are step brotha's/sista's from anotha motha
Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by IceNine
NRG was too cliqueish to suit me - and while that might be ok for a lot of people, it wasn't for me....
Ummm... I could have sworn you guys did the same thing. I went over and talked to you guys, or tried to. And you all just stood together. I didn't see any of you guys reaching out to talk to me. The only ones that talked to me was Matt and Nick. Then one of you guys said something about me being in NRG and leaving. But whatever, I don't care. I'm friendly with everyone, whether they like me ( or my team) or not!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned
SL Member

NRG was too cliqueish to suit me - and while that might be ok for a lot of people, it wasn't for me....
OK ... now its your turn. I squash one fire and then another springs up! What is this, the Cali forest fires? LOL

ikidikid

One thing you have to remember. It looks like we have cliques for several reasons. We have just about 1,100 members, most here in the NorthEast. It is not uncommon for us to roll into a meet/show with over 30 Scions. Last years Exposed we rolled in with 76! We all but make up the majority of a show/meet. Also, consider that the club is turning 3 this spring. We are the biggest and oldest Scion based car club here in the NorthEast. I can see where a single person looking at this large mass of people with NRG shirts on would be intimidated. And regions usually hang out together too .. so that makes for at least 4 different cliques there.

Thanks to reps like Dennis .. Jennay ... and several of my other NRG family we go out of our way to meet-n-greet. We recently acquired 4 new members from last Sundays meet alone. Congrats to my NRG family
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oh jeezzz cant we all just get along for rodney kings sake at least? :D
Old 10-05-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

At every show/meet I go to, I TRY to introduce myself to everyone. Not to recruit new members, but to be nice and welcome them. That's what all this is about. That's what Scion wants. That's why they do this for us! To bring us all together for a common cause. Scions!

If you wanna join our club or another, I don't care. Different strokes for different folks. But I'm tired of the same excuse. "Too cliquey". Like Chris said, we're old. We've all known each other for a long time now. What the hell do you expect?! That doesn't mean there's no room for new members.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

right, different people get along with different people, thats life. and to say it cliquey doesnt really make sense. and if you look at it that way, EVERYONE is cliquey.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The cliqueyness stuff is what i'm trying to avoid. They were just joking with you, Dennis
Old 10-05-2006, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No, not everyone is cliquey. One of the rules of Scikotics is: "Don't be an a$$hole".

Enforce that rule, and the cliqueyness goes away.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

No, not everyone is cliquey. One of the rules of Scikotics is: "Don't be an a$$hole".
But the real question is, can we have one?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Over at Jones Beach I spoke with a research group that is helping Scion market their products. I mentioned to them that regardless of how you feel about a person, there is still respect for the vehicle. If a person you can't stand puts a mod on that you like... you can still say he did a nice job with his ride. Regardless of how you feel about a person.

Its all about the wheel, even if you don't get along, there is still a level of respect that we all share.

All I have to say is that I try to get along with everyone and groups may seem cliquey, its purely for other reasons and usually not for ones you're thinking of ;)
Old 10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea at jones beach i was interviewed as well. it went well was a little to long of a packet but i know what they were tryin to get out of us so it was fine
Old 10-05-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think anything will have the scent of clique when you are new. i just started going to a few meets and shows from about mid summer this year and to a certain extent i still feel like an outsider..like the kid who moves to your town in the 4th grade. everyone already knows everybody else, there is a bit of history, so it takes a while to blend in.

i don't advocate any 1 particular club, and i post on a few differnet forums...i almost feel agnostic. but personally i like to walk around and talk to people about their rides at meets and shows and learn something new from people with more experience than me.

I'm glad i bumped into folks on sunday like icenine and a few others (i know first names from the tags, but didn't associate with handles..sorry!) to get some education on performance.

but like someone else said, there will always be a$$holes..regardless of club.
you know what a jerk is to me? the guys who go to an event like this and don't soak it in. they just set up some chairs and sit in front of their car for 5 hours straight. you know who you are. one guy was parked in front of the tent with the two tone blue/brown tc with the monitors in the back. blasting his radio all day long, and totally oblivious to the people in the tent when they were doing the raffles.

go to an event to spectate, meet some people, appreciate their work and get some ideas. go to the beach to sit in a chair all day.

and btw, i got my clock cleaned on the drag strip 4 times...but i had fun. i was racing the clock anyway, not anyone in particular.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jetlounge
and btw, i got my clock cleaned on the drag strip 4 times...but i had fun. i was racing the clock anyway, not anyone in particular.
Don't even worry about it, man... happens to me all the time. After running against Munch several times (VIP July & this last one), it doesn't even bother me.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by krdshrk
Originally Posted by jetlounge
Don't even worry about it, man... happens to me all the time. After running against Munch several times (VIP July & this last one), it doesn't even bother me.
yeah, don't worry about it...
i was spanked a few times and i have a supercharger!

it happened at the last meet...gas was over $3 a gallon...so i filled up with the cheap 87 octane (not the best for performance)
had a car full of gear...
had very heavy 18's...

and being the short track, i had too much stacked against me.
but i still went to have fun.

and it is very true that every group will have an a-hole.
some will have more than 1...
just find the few you can get along with...start talking to others as you get a chance.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

Signature Visions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

A little rivalry between clubs keeps things interesting, and it's not like we're going to hate each other at the end of the day. Edit: and if you do wind up hating people over their club affiliation, then by all means - please die in a fire.
yeah Karl i agree. we shouldn't be hating on people because of their affiliation and we shouldn't be hating on people who might be in our own club that hang out with people in other clubs...deal with it and don't treat them any different. in the end does it really matter who you are with....i just <3 my damn scion and thats why i'm here.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

your scion and that big plasma tv it got you....lol

Quick Reply: Scion VIP @ NHRA Fall Nationals - October 1st!