SL Member

Originally Posted by zdawg913
^ thats munch
Lol yeah that would be me.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Once again - the biggest of thank yous to Scion for VIP. Unbelievable how this company takes care of us. We were treated like 'royalty'. Just the lounge itself - there was nothing else in that building like it; add in the food and the swag, and as usual, this was absolutely over the top. Scion RULES!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member

yeah for real, it was so nice to just have a comfortable place to sit...
the lounge was pretty sick!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Props to SE PA @ Boston, I know you represented well
Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

First off, I want to say thank you to ScionVIP for a great weekend! You guys are amazing, and take care of us all so well. I was thrilled to be there as a fill -in, and to hang out with a bunch of really cool Scion people. It was a blast... until the very end.

As for the trophy situation, I truely am sorry. HIN seemed to be not so well run this year, as was evident by the tons of cars that didn't get in because it was so oversold, and the upset mod about that on Friday night. There judges also weren't so well prepared, as obviously there were far more modded rides than mine that deserved trophies. I don't know what happened, and I am sorry.

I was hiding in my car during most of the angry mob session, but after talking to the official guy one on one after, he pretty much told me to go home. lol. I am truely sorry that I upset so many people, and promise I'll be laying low and not showing with the tC much this season... because even though it'd never place again anyways, I'm sick of offending people.

Thank you ScionVIP! And this is my public apology to everybody else. Please don't bash me and make me cry, I've had enough of that already....
Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 PM

I'm still not exactly sure what happened, but I wish I could have been there for you...
You don't need to talk to me about it if you don't want to.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by X-TC_Girlie
First off, I want to say thank you to ScionVIP for a great weekend! You guys are amazing, and take care of us all so well. I was thrilled to be there as a fill -in, and to hang out with a bunch of really cool Scion people. It was a blast... until the very end.

As for the trophy situation, I truely am sorry. HIN seemed to be not so well run this year, as was evident by the tons of cars that didn't get in because it was so oversold, and the upset mod about that on Friday night. There judges also weren't so well prepared, as obviously there were far more modded rides than mine that deserved trophies. I don't know what happened, and I am sorry.

I was hiding in my car during most of the angry mob session, but after talking to the official guy one on one after, he pretty much told me to go home. lol. I am truely sorry that I upset so many people, and promise I'll be laying low and not showing with the tC much this season... because even though it'd never place again anyways, I'm sick of offending people.

Thank you ScionVIP! And this is my public apology to everybody else. Please don't bash me and make me cry, I've had enough of that already....
Don't even be that way. The event was as always, top knotch. Scion always takes care of us BIGTIME. I was just one of the people that were excited to be picked , and even happier to hang out with so many new people that already knew who I was lol. Its cool to be known by some many people that I have never met in person before. Its even better to put faces with name. Yes there were a lot of sick cars there, and yes there was a little confusion at the end. I think people basically wanted to know more about how things were judged. HIN is very different than every other show out there. Their rules are just that, their rules. Leave it be. Its not about winning trophies. Its about hanging out with people who have the same thing in common. There were more confused people than angry people. Lets just leave that situation in the past, and lets get ready for the next sick event at ETOWN this sunday. You worked just as hard on your car as anyone else there, so hold your reward up high and smile. Don't let those angry people stop you from having fun. Its supposed to be a FUN event. Not a bickering battle. Again , congrats on your win girly, and I hope to see you at Etown with the helmet on , running down the 1/8th mile. You and I know both , that you will have a sick time. Keep your head up girl , and turn the frown upside down. This is your time thanks again to SCION and the VIP crew for a hell of an event. Ill see you guys at Etown YEAAAAH BOOYY!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Munch has it right.

ScionVIP put us up in a Hotel. They gave us free admission. They gave us free food and drink (lots). They gave us free stuff (again, lots and lots). So I didn't walk away with a trophy? I don't care.

You don't go to Hot Import Nights expecting to win.

Thanks to Jackie & The rest of the ScionVIP crew. I had a great time.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanx ScionVIP
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Come on guys. Now tell me.. Who didn't have a good time?!?!? THANKS SCIONVIP!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jessica congrats on you winning the trophy. I wish I stayed longer but I had to leave early.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to Scion VIP. It was a blast to hang with everyone at the show, meet new (for me) people, and get treated like a VIP.

As far as the trophy thing, although your car (Jess) may not be as heavily modded as others, your car was still very nice and it obviously stood out to the judges. Its your trophy so enjoy it! Dont let this stop you from coming to more events since it was fun talking to you when the event felt like it was dragging on.

Much love to Scion and all my Scion people. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope I go to SEMA again
Old 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i had a wonderful time this weekend .. it was awesome at the show .. THANKS to Scion VIP for everything .. they shell out soo much money for us .. its crazy .. congrats to Jess .. wish i could go to Englishtown .. too far of a drive .. here are the pics i took .. there are alot .. thanks to the models for posing .. the cars were great .. heres the link: http://daggerslade.newestideas.com .. you can see where to go to get the pics .. i have HIN 2006 pics on this site as well .. cant wait for next year ..
Old 04-29-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks VIP and i also had a great time hangin out with everyone... cant wait til next year or this summer whenever we are all together again
Old 04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Jess, as i said before people were not mad at you, they were confused about the judging and got a little angry. it happens.

i had a great time. and i did not expect a trophy. free everything was enough for me personally.

i can't wait for E-Town! :-D
Old 04-29-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

First of all I just wanted to say thank you so much to the Scion New England Manager that threw the event, it was the greatest Scion event ive been to. Ive shown at alot of shows already this season and I finally got to meet most of you at this event. I had a wonderful time and being asked to show in Scion National's booth really made my weekend. It was truly an honor to me.

As for the trophies. I spoke with everyone there including those who won, those who didnt win, those who thought they should have won, and etc. Being a member of the NCCA for a few years I can tell you that mishaps happen all the time. The NCCA has alot to do in an event of this size and mistakes sometimes happen. My car got judged when I wasnt even there, so they saw no motor, no stereo, no undercarraige, no doors, no anything except my wheels, paint and kit. I was unhappy about it, but not enough to spout out about it. I find it a little upsetting that some of you felt the need to confront those who did win because of your opinion... If thats the way you feel, maybe you should sign up for a judging class with the NCCA, then your opinion can actually account for something. Its a shame that theres now a person with a car that no longer wants to show because of the way some of you acted... all this over a $3 plastic trophy. I know for myself personally, I built my car for me. I built a car that makes me happy to have, regardless of what anyone else thinks. But I dont get offended when my car doesnt place.
I was also a little upset to hear about the girl in the wild catagory that won. In congratulating her after the event and asking her man why he felt the need to start something I was told it was over a cell phone call that another member left on his phone... thats lame. Real lame. Real immature. This event was for fun, no money was lost guys. You all got in for free, saved your 50 bucks (75 if you had electric) plus you had a 200 dollar room and free food ALL day. Do you guys realize that just a soda at the venue was nearly 3 bucks.. Think of the money you saved there. These people that won didnt pay the judges, they showed there car. If theres an issue, take it up with Greg, Tim, Frank or Andy with the NCCA, not the winners themselves. This same thing happend at Tunerwar where I had to get between two guys beacuse the guy who won felt threatend by the second place guys team. Its sad to see this at shows, its poor sportsmanship. Im done ranting.

On my trip I inhaled water puddles up my CAI and caused my engine to shut down for 30 minutes in the pooring rain. I uninstalled it on the highway in the down poor. I got a FAT screw in my RR tire, I blew my battery, my camera was stolen out of the VIP lounge during the bbop boys performance, my cell phone charger broke and my phone therefore died and I put almost 1200 miles on my car that started the trip with only 11000 miles. But I still had a good time. Thank you so much to everyone who played a part in the setup and tear down, I know the hard work and dedication they put into it and appreciated it so much. I cant wait to see everyone elses pictures, since my camera disappeared... See any of you guys in Carlisle next weekend?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As someone said before, no one was mad at Jessica for winning. Many were just wondering what the criteria was for judging. I think Jess has a great car (my gF loves it).

As far as the other incident, that is some local drama that has nothing to do with Scion. It pertains to Clair, Jimmy Clair Jr and the individual who purchased the Ghostfire.

I actually wanted to give props to Mike B. for being the bigger person and not making the situation 100x bigger.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd

As far as the other incident, that is some local drama that has nothing to do with Scion. It pertains to Clair, Jimmy Clair Jr and the individual who purchased the Ghostfire.

I actually wanted to give props to Mike B. for being the bigger person and not making the situation 100x bigger.

I have no idea who anyone is
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx
Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd

I have no idea who anyone is
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

where are the pics!

Quick Reply: ScionVIP @ HIN Boston - April 28, 2007