Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Southeast PA General Discussion - NJ/DE/MD welcome too!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

I was on 33 the other night…cruising in the right lane minding my own business…it was late, no one on the road. I see a car flying up on me. he comes right up on my butt…like to the point where I cant see his headlights in my rearview. (mind you there is no one else on the road at this point) so I speed up to get him off my butt...he catches up, continues to ride me butt…so I move to the left lane to let him by. he speeds up…this is when I get my 1st look at what the cars is…..its a Yaris Sedan with a Fart can and an aluminum spoiler and Autobahn sticker on the back! Classic. Once he gets past me he comes into the left lane! So I go back to the right…he goes to the right lane….so eventually I get next to him so he cant cut me off anymore. I hear him down shift to try and get ahead of me…so I give it a little gas, just enough so he cant get ahead…he backs off...gets behind me again…there is another car so he goes around me...i go around the traffic and he is slowing down to almost 40mph straddling the middle line...trying to figure out wtf he is doing , then he speeds up…then he tries to cut me off…then I had enough took it to 3rd blow past him and keep going for awhile. His headlights are pretty far back. I let off. go back to normal. Get off the highway and he gets off…RIGHT on my bumper. It’s a small exit ramp…you cant get around anyone. I put my ebrake on. and turned the car off. he is honking and carrying on…he gets out of the car…I turn mine on and take off…he follows me. im traveling down the residential roads by my house. He catches up passes me and slams his brakes on…just as a cop pulls out from a side street….it was F’n awesome! He looked right at me…I was laughing. The cop was not happy. The cop waved me past and pulled the kid over. It was classic. I wish I had a video camera
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

haha...thats greats...a while back my friend was driving his eclipse, and was passed on a 2 lane road (no passing zone) by a minivan with a kid he knows in the passenger seat and this kids mom driving. A cop pulls them both over, lets my friend go, and gives a ticket to the other kid's mom.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

:sigh: kids, they think their hot ____ but those are the kinds of people that create accidents.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how them springs coming zack? tomorrow i got to throw my TRD Shocks and struts on. Hope its a breeze. Good to see we have another forum up. Lets try to keep this one around for a bit.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

Marking my spot....why did the other thread get lockd???cause of the titel im thinking...

newayz Scott that story is great haha

the pirelli GTI is soo sexy! on the last pic though u should have the end of the fenders by the headlight meet the hood that would look sexy haha......my suspension on the GTI is all messed up now something got knocked out of wack i let the service manager drive it and he told me what it is but i honestley forget haha all well warranty is covering it so tis cool.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My job owes me an additional $160 this week that they didn't pay me in a previous paycheck... might be the perfect time to pick up my springs. I think if I order from JSC Speed I can pick them up and save on shipping/time. Anyone deal with them, are they amenable to pick-up orders?

We can have an install party in the Doylestown Applebees parking lot and have food brought out to us, my treat for those that help. Haha.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vincenzo
My job owes me an additional $160 this week that they didn't pay me in a previous paycheck... might be the perfect time to pick up my springs. I think if I order from JSC Speed I can pick them up and save on shipping/time. Anyone deal with them, are they amenable to pick-up orders?
yeah vince i dealt with them i got my s-techs for the xB there i called them and my GF went and picked them up for me so u should be fine just make sure u call first to see if they are in stock and tell them ur coming for them. did u have bubles in ur tint like small ones when u first got it done? did they go away? ryan said they will go away but i dunno...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionTc86
Originally Posted by Vincenzo
yeah vince i dealt with them i got my s-techs for the xB there i called them and my GF went and picked them up for me so u should be fine just make sure u call first to see if they are in stock and tell them ur coming for them. did u have bubles in ur tint like small ones when u first got it done? did they go away? ryan said they will go away but i dunno...
I didn't have as many bubbles as you did, but I'm sure it's not a problem, they'll evaporate out especially if you leave your car in the sun. It's not air, I don't think, but water from the solution they use to clean the window and the adhesive. I had some small bubbles that are non-existent now. Remember, 3 days, don't put your window down and try not to touch it
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

vince, i just hope u get the h-techs...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zanson
vince, i just hope u get the h-techs...
That's what I'm going with, I made up my mind some time ago. I'm planning to drive this car in the winter so I need some ground clearance and comfort. I had a long night at Applebees, going to get some sleep now
Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blah....you kidding? Everyone before kept telling me don't get the S-techs their ride quality is horrible. And I have yet to feel any poor ride quality yet.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

i have to say i was very happy with my TRD springs on the tC it was a perfect drop and it rode very nice and snow wasnt really that big of a problem here is a pic of my car i miss that damb thing!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

ok one more race on the 360 then off to bed....i love forza 2 its sick as hell and its in HD haha newho talk to yall tom
Old 07-11-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I finished the suspension work, for the most part.

I've got some fine tuning to do, then I'm going to send it in for an alignment at work.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol enjoy your new suspension setup Mr. Bouncy lol how was the ride on the turnpike home?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like riding a pogostick.

I'm going to raise the front a few turns, drop the rear, and then get it aligned.

Here's how she's sitting now.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks hot... tomorrow morning i get to toss on the shocks and struts in addition to the hotchkis springs cant wait to feel the ride quality.
Does anyone know a site to get blackout overlays or w.e. to cover up turn signal side markers? i saw them somewhere but cant remember now...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could spray a coat or two of VHT Nightshades on the marker lights if you want.

Otherwise, you could try contacting Andrew at Bluebatmobile.net and see what he can do about cutting you a set of overlays for the side markers.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Hello ALL!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yo Brett!

Quick Reply: Southeast PA General Discussion - NJ/DE/MD welcome too!