Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Southeast PA General Discussion - NJ/DE/MD welcome too!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Re: New Scion Fan

Originally Posted by Cylon_xD
Originally Posted by "duckieinundies

[color=red
Awesome!!! I just got my rs1 in hot lava & i love it!!! Welcome!!! [/color]

Oops, I didn't get the quote thing quite right... newbie!

Yes, I'd like to see one of those in person sometime - I didn't know Scion did that with the RS releases, or I would have maybe waited a couple months for one. Too late now... I already got a couple grand in extras tied up in mine already, and I haven't even gotten to wheels and tires yet - just some lowly 20-spoke chrome wheelcovers for $20, haha! I'm broke!
yeah i wanna get rims & tint mine yet...but as seems to be the case...broke...lol
Old 07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Taylor, are you and Jason in for campout? Join the train up! See this thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229803
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

welcome man!!

If you interested in the scion club scene send me a PM so I can tell you about the Philly Scikotics! We would love to have you as a member. Check out our myspace in my signature also you can log on to www.scikotics.com and register and chat with us in the philly section.

Again welcome
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by tmrepp
Taylor, are you and Jason in for campout? Join the train up! See this thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229803
i'll pass the thread on to jason...i'm following him so i'll let him know about...thanks!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yupper thank you... also he can join anywhere on the ride up along the TP.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM

yupper thank you... also he can join anywhere on the ride up along the TP.
we're both in. meeting @ rest stop prob.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
SL Member

Nice to meet you both. I've only seen 2 other xDs on the road in the Lancaster area since I got mine, so it's kinda nice owning a slightly more 'unique' car than most on the road - you know, like all those proliferent tC's and xB's ( Ooo...just kidding, all!)

I decided on the Scion because we've owned quite a few Toyota's in my family, and they all run great and last a long time. (My parents own two camrys right now, I used to have a '93 with over 175,000 miles on it, until it was rear-ended and totalled - still ran like the day it was bought and never had a major repair.) But, I also really like the styling of the xD, over the boring, bland aveo, focus, fit, versa, etc. I test drove the xD and the Yaris, and the xD was a nicer drive all around. My only complaint is that all the women in my office at work tell me I have a "cute" car... Grrr! Gonna have to manly-ize it, somehow...!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Nice to meet you both. I've only seen 2 other xDs on the road in the Lancaster area since I got mine, so it's kinda nice owning a slightly more 'unique' car than most on the road - you know, like all those proliferent tC's and xB's ( Ooo...just kidding, all!)

I decided on the Scion because we've owned quite a few Toyota's in my family, and they all run great and last a long time. (My parents own two camrys right now, I used to have a '93 with over 175,000 miles on it, until it was rear-ended and totalled - still ran like the day it was bought and never had a major repair.) But, I also really like the styling of the xD, over the boring, bland aveo, focus, fit, versa, etc. I test drove the xD and the Yaris, and the xD was a nicer drive all around. My only complaint is that all the women in my office at work tell me I have a "cute" car... Grrr! Gonna have to manly-ize it, somehow...!
lol...good luck w/it...can't wait to see/hear what you do to it!!! there's a few xd's on the road where i am & i know what you mean by having a more unique car...it's definetely awesome.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 PM
SL Member

As for the camp out, won't be able to make it this year, I'll be tied up with other things, unfortunately. I should probably get a chance to meet some of you all first at some of the local meets, anyway.

I see the Camp Out train leaves from the Lansdale exit - I go through there on the way to my grandparents - they live in Hatfield, right under the water tower.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, that's where I'm rolling out from. Bummer you can't make it. Was getting excited, 3 xDs in the train. oh la la. hahaha
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

http://www.whatisblik.com/Merchant2/..._Code=NIN-SMB1

im not sure i can continue living unless i purchase these.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit:
I'd rather own this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3756.m14.l1308
Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

does nothing for me. 350Z with a body kit.

for 110k i would have an Audi R8 or Aston Martin V8 Vantage or a handful of Porches. Maybe a Lotus Exige for the weekend and a Cayman S for the rest of the time.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:59 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by duckieinundies
My only complaint is that all the women in my office at work tell me I have a "cute" car... Grrr! Gonna have to manly-ize it, somehow...!
lol...good luck w/it...can't wait to see/hear what you do to it!!! there's a few xd's on the road where i am & i know what you mean by having a more unique car...it's definetely awesome.
Well, I have some side-body graphics coming in the mail this week - No flames or zigzags (or flowers, ha!), just some sporty Scion lettering, and also the larger Spoiler for the rear roof. So I'll be busy this weekend installing.... maybe I'll eventually get me a rumbly exhaust, perhaps all that may help alleviate the "cute" thing -but NO Fart Pipe, Gawd those things sound horrible!! Wheels are a must, too, but where the money for those...!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 PM
SL Member

Hey Naz, so what custom paint is on an RS3? I Think those Mario graphics would look good on the side of your toaster, don't you?? Is that why you brought that up?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
SL Member

hey, nice to see another xD! i go to school in lancaster (millersville) and there is a york PA thread as well.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...673&highlight=
Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDevious
hey, nice to see another xD! i go to school in lancaster (millersville) and there is a york PA thread as well.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...673&highlight=
Hello Sonya! Yeah, I saw some mention of a York club somewhere here on SF. I'll have to read through it. Thanks!

Man, seems like a lot of people in this thread are from the Lansdale area! My Grandparents live just down the (Fourty Foot) road in Hatfield, so I get down that way every so often. Maybe some weekend I can double-up on a "Sci-lon" meet or event in that area and a visit to my grandparents,.. That's aboout a hour and 45 min drive down there for me, so even with the Scion it's getting to be a lot of $$ to travel that far too often... guess you know that too, being at Millersville!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Lehigh Valley Scions
SL Member

OMG i couldnt agree with you more!!!

I saw this and I called my friend...that is his dream car. Right now he has an 06 350z and we are thinking about dressing up real nice, shining up the 350 and going to look at it and gonna see if my friend can score test driving it haha
Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...he said absolutely no test drives. Good luck, lmao.

Quick Reply: Southeast PA General Discussion - NJ/DE/MD welcome too!