Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

XOTIC CARSHOW Nov 5-7, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looked like a cool show and from what i saw on the video i can tell alot of clubs from New York were in the show.Which is a good thing, alot of these cars i've seen in person they deserved to be in it.

The only thing that sucks a little from East Coast car shows is that you already know who your competition is and what they have, as well as you see alot of the same cars.But that is also a good thing, cause you know what to expect already if you enter one.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was a decent show for it being the first one. I can't even imagine what the turnout of the next will be. This might get big next year.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by njforcedlife77
yea it happen at couple of show this year winning when your working a booth. well there are alot of cars at show in nj that are not the same at this show saw alot of whips i have never seen this year. Do you do show at all? i did about 40 plus this year was great year for shows alot great ones i put together 6 all scion show.
Yea i do shows and local auto club shows (trophy parties) as well.Why do you ask?

But this year i only went to one mainstream show and it was HIN which was overrated but i did not compete.I feel my car isn't ready, despite everyone telling me that it is ready.But again back to the show, thats the people judging and those throwing the events fault for letting people who work booths compete.It shouldn't be allowed, cause if it was me or my crew throwing an event i wouldn't allow it.Lets just say for example,you're in of charge Scikotics NJ right, you throw an event and then you let your members compete in the same show that you're throwing for trophies and then you awarding it to them that's crazy wrong.

Last edited by thegame7a; 11-17-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by thegame7a
Yea i do shows and local auto club shows (trophy parties) as well.Why do you ask? But this year i only went to one mainstream show and it was HIN which was overrated but i did not compete.I feel my car isn't ready, despite everyone telling me that it is ready.But again back to the show, thats the people judging and those throwing the events fault for letting people who work booths compete.It shouldn't be allowed, cause if it was me or my crew throwing an event i wouldn't allow it. Lets just say for example,you're in of charge Scikotics NJ you throw an event and then you let your members compete in the same show for trophies and then you awarding it to them.
Exception to the rule: Scion club and their Scion dealership show sponsor.
With club members not allow to participate in an affiliated Scion event would be a lose lose for a successful attendance of Scions cars. Unfortunately, not many other non club member Scion owners from the metro area participate in Scion shows any more. Thus lower car show attendance for free trophies = No free Scion dealer shows, food, swag or prizes.
Besides. I believe it is only the NJ Scikotics Scion car dealership sponsor having any 2010 NJ free Scion Shows.

"What makes you move?"
From your local neighborhood aka "Spiderman"
Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would of went to this show dave but rob and i both thought the cars would of just been wayyy out of our league for us to even show our cars but now that u say the tcs there was practically none i wish we went bc rob and i would have killed it lol oh well next time !
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JIMXB
Exception to the rule: Scion club and their Scion dealership show sponsor.
With club members not allow to participate in an affiliated Scion event would be a lose lose for a successful attendance of Scions cars. Unfortunately, not many other non club member Scion owners from the metro area participate in Scion shows any more. Thus lower car show attendance for free trophies = No free Scion dealer shows, food, swag or prizes.
Besides. I believe it is only the NJ Scikotics Scion car dealership sponsor having any 2010 NJ free Scion Shows.

"What makes you move?"
From your local neighborhood aka "Spiderman"
True about the attendance thing,but thats two different scenarios, like for instance rockland county they throw events without any sponsorship from any scion auto club that i know of and never seen none on any flyer, so thats fair game for every scion owner/scion club .But the show that dave just threw the halloween one.It was a scikotics nj chapter show for scion owners,scion clubs and other sciko members, i forgot the dealership who was the sponsor for the show.Being that other scikotic members from other chapters and non members could enter.So the members of his chapter should not have entered to compete in the show regardless of attendance and who was judging.But i understand what you're saying.

Again Dave i'm just using you and your chapter as an example nothing more bro, so don't take it the wrong way.

Last edited by thegame7a; 11-17-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by thegame7a
Yea i do shows and local auto club shows (trophy parties) as well.Why do you ask?

But this year i only went to one mainstream show and it was HIN which was overrated but i did not compete.I feel my car isn't ready, despite everyone telling me that it is ready.But again back to the show, thats the people judging and those throwing the events fault for letting people who work booths compete.It shouldn't be allowed, cause if it was me or my crew throwing an event i wouldn't allow it.Lets just say for example,you're in of charge Scikotics NJ right, you throw an event and then you let your members compete in the same show that you're throwing for trophies and then you awarding it to them that's crazy wrong.
When the judging is done its done all fair we have dealer do judging with someone to make it fair for everyone. All the show we did had scion from every club from all over the tri state all show where great this year. I had been doing judging plus anyone that help in any of the scion show there car where not in the show that would be wrong. We let everyone enter because it a scion dealershow more cars the more support plus all done for fun. Like the halloween show we had some much free stuff that we didnt have time to give it all away. The dealers do some much plus i been getting my car sponsors to give away tons of stuff why because love to give back to scion people because they are the best. Btw i asked because dont see you out to show or meets def should come out to show or meet. Rockland was sponsored by us all season long and scion pro my sponsor to help them with doing plus nrg help also they just dont put it on there fliers man there on the trophys.

Last edited by njforcedlife77; 11-17-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xxnyangel10xx
i would of went to this show dave but rob and i both thought the cars would of just been wayyy out of our league for us to even show our cars but now that u say the tcs there was practically none i wish we went bc rob and i would have killed it lol oh well next time !
The tc from from mass and other one's that entered where nice they picked every car to go to the show wanted the best but didnt have alot of tc enter to go plus had to leave you car for three days killed it for alot of people.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by njforcedlife77
The tc from from mass and other one's that entered where nice they picked every car to go to the show wanted the best but didnt have alot of tc enter to go plus had to leave you car for three days killed it for alot of people.
Not true. Dave you and me saw what happen everyday. People were being allow to roll into the show almost each day which was kind of weird. I remember you rolled in Saturday without any problem. From what I heard next year's car show will only be two days.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Racersky
Not true. Dave you and me saw what happen everyday. People were being allow to roll into the show almost each day which was kind of weird. I remember you rolled in Saturday without any problem. From what I heard next year's car show will only be two days.
yea you are right most that came sat could leave but his others boys got to rollin special I guess lol