Notices
Regional - Northeast: NYC Metro New York City Metropolitan Area

Bronx Scion tC Team registration open

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys, ever since the first day a lot of you have come forward to the idea of having our own little car club and exploding to something huge. We have not even started yet and already we look big. Look at all the people who continuosly write on this forum.

I am so excited about you guys, the ideas that have come up and the go ahead attitude you all have.

I think it's about time. Seriously....lets pick a day. I prefer Saturday afternoon or Sunday because we need time. Days of the week are great for touch ups on the subjects.

DJTC, regarding you idea from an earlier post: I agree with you regarding the whole Scion car Club name. It should be away from Scion. I contacted Scion and asked about being Sponsored and the posibility is there but right now we are nobody. But they said they will if we do it the right way. There are also motor shops that can sponsor us like Strauss, Pep Boys, etc.

New people cumming in....WELCOME. We are starting something like you have never seen before. Not just a car club...a FAMILY. Like The Fast and The Furious but REAL.
All are welcome.

Keep the posts cumming fellas. Lets do this.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am starting The List of the Hottest Cars in NY. Please send me a Personal Messege with the following Information (if you are in this):

Name:
Phone Number:
ScionLife Name:

Only post if serious. I'll be following up with you guys.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, one more thing to get you excited about The FUND. I have made a list of all the people who have been posting for the last couple of days and the number of people is 9.

1- djtc
2- Kenneth
3- El Presidente
4- StillFlintin
5- Jetlounge
6- NYTC Gunz
7- Papispico
8- donscion
9- Miguel Berrios

Check this out. If we all cooperate with $25.00 a week for the fund it translates into $900.00 a month for the team. In a year that equals $10,800.00 and that's only with the 9 of us. you know this team is gona be BIGGER. Who is not excited about $10,800.00 and all you are responsable for is $25.00 a week.....come on. You think we can hook up our cars a bit with that, or sponsor our own events, Make our name known.

I dont care about the money....I care about all the door that will open. I dont even want to hold the money. We would have to open a business account at a bank, appoint a trustworthy member who will keep track and give us weekly summary. anyway that matter has to be discussed.

Aren't you guys excited about the fund now? i know I am.

Post your opinion.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way.....if you dont have $25 a week to set aside for this....YOU MUST COME SEE ME ABOUT WORK.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

oye migz i need a lil morning job...i get off @ 7am. any ideas for me?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea first of all....get some sleep brother. We need you to be up and running to save us all in case of a fire. Again man, I really appreciate your line of work. It take an unselfish person to choose that line of career. To sacrifice your self for total strangers. Anyway, my hat off to you.

Come to my office tomorrow at 7:30 pm for about 45 minutes. i'll get you something. My office is in Westchested Square. call me tonight for directions. 347-731-3687. by the way, if you are comming....come dressed for business.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

ppl im going to sleep now. waking up @ noon. having a cruise up 2 bearmountain with some honda people and some motorcycles.

if someone wnats to roll also be ready around noonish. cuz thats when im waking up and leaving so ill check the board before i walk out the door.

canceled if its raining.

if u wanna ride out lemme know.

im tryin to flex my suspension
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what suspension ur not even lowered, LOL. Just kiddin bro

And about that bank account, my sister is a manager at The Bank of America so if u want to have it at that bank let me know. I can always keep a close eye on the account. Also, transfer funds etc....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't wanna make a group like this become a profit organization.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

^^ word
Old 08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yo papi u goin to miguels meeting if so where u at cuz i might need some one to follow
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

yea man. jus holla @ me
Old 08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the joining fee is now 25 a week?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

im not payin that....nooo way jose
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MiguelBerrios_Bronx_NY

Check this out. If we all cooperate with $25.00 a week for the fund it translates into $900.00 a month for the team. In a year that equals $10,800.00 and that's only with the 9 of us. you know this team is gona be BIGGER. Who is not excited about $10,800.00 and all you are responsable for is $25.00 a week.....come on. You think we can hook up our cars a bit with that, or sponsor our own events, Make our name known.
honestly i still don't get it. i don't know what $11k/yr is going to get you.
i believe the mods i want, i should be able to afford on my own. if i can't, i don't expect anyone else to pick up the tab.

like i said ealier, you need to have a mission for a team. a fund means nothing if you don't explain what you want to do with the money. and what...10 guys are going to vote for 2 of them to get a turbo upgrade each year? that gets ugly real quick. if you want to use it to sponsor events, you do it on an event by event basis...and the outside registrations help pay for the event.

other teams do have dues, but not this $100/month and not to pay for each others' upgrades. take a look at the following:
http://www.xcessivehabits.com/clubRules.htm
they are hosting a big show in the next couple of weeks. i don't know them from adam, but they do have some established reason for being. they also have established rules to join, not just the monthly economic means.

my two cents...a team of people gets you possibly a small discount if you go in on the same types of purchases, rims, exhaust, paint..call them mini group-buys. or a deal at the local tuning shop for a dyno day and a special on installs. roll down to a few shows together for the chance to hang out and have fun, not necessarily win a trophy. and maybe, maybe you could get a dealership to sponsor you after you have proven some dedication..but no way scion corp. would touch you with a 10 foot pole. scionrg has 1000 members, have members at every show and they will never be 'official.'

you have lofty goals, but imho need more planning. that kind of scratch each year is not a club or team...that is a not-for-profit company..and must be run like one.

you can take me off the list. besides..i haven't lived in the bronx in years..so i can't qualify.

i wish you luck.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yo papi PM me for where you are close to in the BX cuz im in rockland n i dont like takin my car into these infested pothole areas so i wanna follow u there iight im gunna head out at 6:30 from my job jus depend on where u are, but if not ill go straight there with my internet directions
Old 08-30-2006, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

im on pelham parkway in the Bx.

WHere do u work?

and dont let the NYC streets fool u. Htechs and city streets arent that bad...now if ur dropped like tcGunz is...then u might have an issue...Htechs are nada.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yo how carzy was that rain yesterday? i felt like i almost died like 15 times in that damn weather.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

lol....word...it was raining like crazy
Old 08-30-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

iight 4get it then cuz ur out of the way cuz im in nanuet so ill b coming from the TZ bridge n il jus take it from there i guess

Quick Reply: Bronx Scion tC Team registration open