JDM Theory's experience w/ Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JDM Theory's experience w/ Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara

Feel Free to comment -

----------------------------------------------

I know this is a re-post and all but I thought I would help out my fellow Bay Area heads if they needed help on this issue!

I was driving to work one morning with the wifey on the Dumbarton Bridge. Just after I passed the bridge toll plaza, I hit a small step or level change on the pavement and heard a large THUG.

I pulled over and saw this on my JDM WORK VS-XX wheels:

The wheel still held air and I went onto work. Of course ____ed off and not able to concentrate, I called my friend Paul over at Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara. He said come on down cause he can't give me an estimate until he can see the damage. This is what he saw. Both sides of the rim really bent bad.

This is what we saw on the inside of the rim (OUCH!)

He said to just fix the bent rim/lip it would cost about $150. I asked to have him fix all 4 road rashed lips on all four wheels and then have them re-polished. He added that it was going to be another $50 per wheel – I was already looking at close to $350 for just one rim repair and 4 lips to be re-done and re-polished.

Here's just a few of the rashed lips:

I then asked for an estimate on getting the wheels stripped of it’s machine grey color and re-painted to the VOLK/WORK GOLD color. Paul said that it would look better painted and that if I get it all done he would do it all for $700 including the repairs. Very tempting to do but kind of expensive. I didn’t want to order a new rim from Japan for $400 and then have to wait 2 months for it –

Before the repairs and paint:

I mentioned to Paul that I am throwing a car show in Palo Alto at the Teen Center as well as Japan-town San Francisco & I will give him a free booth and plug his store for a little nicer break on the price. He KNOCKED off $250 right there! So my entire work order was a Bent rim repair, all 4 lips re-done (road rash fix) and the re-polished, re-shining the WORK Caps and finally, a re-paint to GOLD all for $450. NOT BAD – Actually a GREAT GREAT PRICE….In my opinion. Not only did Wheel techniques and Paul hook it up, but they also me 3 $250 gift certificates for his store to give out as prizes at the Palo Alto Teen Center event.

I was also invited to see the different stages and workmanship they do there – From taking the entire 3 piece rim apart to the paint process. I would definitely stand by them and give them an A+ for their work and business. These guys are AWESOME and do great quality work. I am very satisfied and happy with what the finished product ended up looking like.

The FINISHED Product:

I hope this thread helps in resourcing your needs to any wheel and rim repair. They also paint valve covers and other nice things. Powder coating and polishing is also their forte’

Peace everyone,

JUNIOR

Wheel Techniques
3280 Edward Ave # D
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(40 496-6363

********Feel Free to comment or leave feeback/contructive criticism********
Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

There are always a lot of posts about people looking for help with rashed wheels. This is the first post where someone showed in picturtes what a good shop can do with a bad rim. Hopefully this will be seen by others!!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

f'ing beautiful!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look brand new.....
hmm how many miles is it from socal.... L.A. to this shop??
Old 07-28-2006, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey ernesto they look better on aries award winning whip.....hahaha jk TAKE2CREW!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default LOL!

Originally Posted by tcholic
hey ernesto they look better on aries award winning whip.....hahaha jk TAKE2CREW!

I needed something new and had the rims/wheels for about a year already -

IMO, I think they look AWESOME on his car - 17's are perfect for the is300's

----------I know a group of people who have used them and were very very satisfied!

Here's a pic of the rims with the NEW owner -
Mr. 1st place winner BEST TOYOTA/LEXUS @ the JDM Theory Summer Gathering

Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

damnnnn haha post up when this palo alto meet is.. i wnana try to win that 250 off! hahaha get my stockers painted =/. dave at stevens creek went thru them for this TRDs that turned out beautiful and this is f'en nice too!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They did mine too my rim wasn't bent as bad but I have seen some of the really f'd up wheels they have fixed it is amazing! This is the second time I have had wheels done by them and always will recommend them to others
Old 07-29-2006, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="dave at stevens creek went thru them for this TRDs that turned out beautiful and this is f'en nice too![/quote]

Yeah I know, thanks! He's Family!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Looks great. Man, I remember taking in wide 5 lug centerlines to them for a VW bug. Also a bunch of porsche alloys.. Back in day. haha.

Do you know if $50 is what they normally charge to clean up the curb rash on wheels?? Or, was that because you were going to pay for a rim to get fixed? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Digidizzle
Looks great. Man, I remember taking in wide 5 lug centerlines to them for a VW bug. Also a bunch of porsche alloys.. Back in day. haha.

Do you know if $50 is what they normally charge to clean up the curb rash on wheels?? Or, was that because you were going to pay for a rim to get fixed? Thanks!
Wow $50 to clean curb rash....I think it's a little higher these days. I think it all depends on how badly rashed it is and the typr of wheel too.

Junior, the wheels look HWAT ! ! !