Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

Just got pulled over for window tint...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Coppers get sneaky sometimes though. And heaven forbid if it's raining. It's one of those things where you get it and ope not to get caught, like getting an I/H/E setup.

Originally Posted by michaelmayhem
i agree its not a stupid law...its just one of those things where someone does something bad and ruins it for the rest of us...it really sucks, i just feel i shouldnt have to pay for it.
I think you should have to pay, because it's a deterence for getting them. That said i don't think that should be the reason for them to pull you over. If you're wrecklessly speeding, swerving, no seatbelt etc. then yeah they should pll you over then give you the ticket for the tints, cause most likely you're doing something esle wrong too. But not "I pulled you over b/c you're tint is too dark. BTW let me see under your hood." Unforunately it's one of those things where if a coppy needs to meet his quota or if he/she is an @ss then they can yank you for.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

See what this thread did.... not more than 25 min after my last post I left the office and got pulled over......

I was driving down visatation in SF and saw a cop about 10 blocks up and he pulled over an EVO... He had both windows rolled down (sure he had tint cuz the back ones were done) but he had no front plate..... I pass him with my windows down and I see another cop coming down for back up and he is about 4 blocks a head of me.....I come to my block and turn right....he was about to go straight but then busted a left behind me.... I get to the end of the street and he lights me up..... Got me for no front plate.... HAHAHAHA.... Dang thread
Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^ http://www.eight08customs.com/Lic.jpg

Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm kinda confused, so, if I get a tint ticket, there are two ways to deal with it? Pay $120ish fine + never remove tints or remove tints + sign off by officer ($10~15 fine)?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Krzd1
See what this thread did.... not more than 25 min after my last post I left the office and got pulled over......

I was driving down visatation in SF and saw a cop about 10 blocks up and he pulled over an EVO... He had both windows rolled down (sure he had tint cuz the back ones were done) but he had no front plate..... I pass him with my windows down and I see another cop coming down for back up and he is about 4 blocks a head of me.....I come to my block and turn right....he was about to go straight but then busted a left behind me.... I get to the end of the street and he lights me up..... Got me for no front plate.... HAHAHAHA.... Dang thread
Thats where I live haha What street were you on?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a random link to a comment that seems to fit (long).

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...496413#2496413

Tom
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

ok i just got a tint ticket last month and i still got till june 26 to fix it..i got a letter saying i cud pay 118 or sumthin dollars fine or sumthin or take it off and get it signed off...so my question is.. if i pay that 119 dollar fine i dont have to take it off right?but its still illegal for my car? or if i pay that fine, and i get pulled over the 2nd time do iget another ticket or they'll let me go since i paid that fine, instead of taking it off and get it signed off.????
Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pay the fine, don't fix it, get another ticket. You would still be breaking the law, only now, johnny Law knows you, knows where to find you to give you a ticket for the same thing, every time he sees you, until you do fix it.

you'll finally be on a first named basis with Johnny Law, once it gets that way, maybe he'll sign it off?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah tint tickets suck i got one of thoes, along with illegal fog lights...and 4 others
Old 05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ricexizxgood
Originally Posted by Krzd1

Thats where I live haha What street were you on?
Was going down Visatation...Turned right onto Sawyer then a left on Leland and he got me......

I dont care that I get pulled over for tint or front plate.....I know its illegal so there is no reason to get mad.....
Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fujita_TC
ok i just got a tint ticket last month and i still got till june 26 to fix it..i got a letter saying i cud pay 118 or sumthin dollars fine or sumthin or take it off and get it signed off...so my question is.. if i pay that 119 dollar fine i dont have to take it off right?but its still illegal for my car? or if i pay that fine, and i get pulled over the 2nd time do iget another ticket or they'll let me go since i paid that fine, instead of taking it off and get it signed off.????
haha i wish it was that easy. im sure everyone would just pay the fine the one time if they wouldn't have to worry about it again. but no, everytime they ticket you for it you have to pay.

anyone think it would be possible to get a petition started to change california tint law?
ok maybe im thinking a little to much about this haha
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

THEN WHUTS THE POINT of paying that 118 fine just to not take it off??why dont u just take it off pay 10 bux fine put another 50 bux to put it back on then saved you 100 bux...but i think if u pay the fine instead of gettin it signed off..it said on the letter it'll put it on ur record i think or sumthin like that...
Old 05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Doesn't go on your record because it's not a moving violation.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 PM

what the heck does 70% look like ? a normal window? Here in MO legal limit is 35% which to me is already clear. I couldnt imagine what 70% would look like. That is unless the higher you get the darker you get. But I always thought 5% was one of the darkest. my car is 35 on the door and passenger and 20 on the back sides. I have driven with 5% all around and never got messed with. But that was prob because i drove a sentra.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It's all about the cop. Some don't really care unless you're doing something esle wrong. Then they notice once they have you pulled over.

To the guy that said it doesn't make any sense to remove it, it's not as if everytime a cop sees you they pull you--unless yuo keep running into the same cop. It's cheaper to just pay the fine because I've never seen a good tint job for $50 (I know you're only doing two windows but still $50??), plus time time off from work and gas to get to the tint shop--pending where it is-- can cost you too.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just paid mine off a couple of weeks ago. I had the choice to get it fixed and pay $10, or just pay bail which was $119. I just paid it off. No point for me to spend money getting the tint off, then paying the $10, then getting it back on. the bail was a cheaper choice.

If you do plan on changing the tint, then you might as well just fix it.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

but the thing is on the letter that i got...if i pay the bail it is gonna be on my record...it clearly states its going to be on my driving record...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The usual simple explanation:

What do I do if I get a "fix-it" ticket?
If a police officer gives you a "fix-it" ticket on a "Notice to Appear," the "yes" box will be checked below "Correctable Violation" on the front of the ticket. The police can give you another ticket if you don't fix the problem immediately.

When you fix the problem, get an authorized person to sign the "Certificate of Correction" part of your ticket.

Take the proof of correction to the court and pay the dismissal fee before the deadline. You can check your ticket or contact the court to see if the court accepts proof of correction by mail.

The court will then dismiss your case and it won't go on your record.
From the Superior Court:

When you get a ticket, you have several options:

Bail forfeiture:
You can forfeit (pay) bail. To do this, send your payment and a copy of the citation or the courtesy notice to the courthouse.

Make your check or money order payable to the: Clerk of Superior Court.

When the Court receives your bail, your case will be closed. It will show up as a conviction on your DMV record.

Proof of Correction:
Your courtesy notice says whether you can pay for the violation or if you have to show "proof of correction." This is also explained on your citation.

If you show proof of correction and pay a dismissal fee, the court will dismiss the relevant charge.
Choice is yours: Fix the problem and pay to have it dismissed or pay the fine (admitting your guilt) have it on your record...

(Also, if you just pay the fine, you not only get it on your record, you leave yourself wide open for more tickets for the same thing. Gets awfully expensive after a while with the fines and potential for insurance increases.)

Tom
{Damned tpyos!}
Old 05-19-2007, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw, in california you can't have the front windows or windshield tinted at all.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
Wow, thats pretty cool. I don't have to worry about it in FL though

I've had 5% all the way around (not the winshield of course) forever and I've never gotten a ticket for it. I guess cops in Panama City are to busy giving me tickets for my subs

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for window tint...HELP!