Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

Scion Night 4-- So who went?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Krzd1
Yuppers, just the thing I like taking my family to...

The guy on the right must be saying hi

Right on!!!!

I like how this become a "Racial" thing now......

and wow, did you see all the pictures of the cars on the KMEL website.......Whatever dewd!!!! You look at the pics and you see a bunch of people and wouldn't know it was a CAR show!!!!
well that picture has nothing to do with SCION CORP . i aggree that picture and that guy is not a good thing ... but don't think of it as a reflection of SCION.. one bad apple should be tossed out .. the finger is not what SCION is about ! ...
Old 09-16-2007, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theoneandonly
I do think it's great that Scion puts on this event and others, but still. What's the point of showing cars if there aren't that many on display. If they continue to put this on and want to get possible buyers there to see the possibilities. Wouldn't it make sense to try and get as many cars on display as possible?
they had as many cars as they could have had , safely , they had the fire dept. and emt walking around making sure that pathways where clear .. the whole idea was just to showcase " WHAT YOU CAN DO TO A SCION CAR " not a "CAR SHOW " .. this is a promotional event for scion to show scion cars , not really a car show ,, scion dealers hold scion "cars show" and are open to as many scions that would like to be in it . last year it was too cramped in the park, had too many cars in .. and that is why they scaled it down this year ...
Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
Originally Posted by theSciontologist
keep in mind that this is a local thing that i dont believe they do any where else in the country so consider us lucky for having that.
knott's "scary" farm is next month..

who's comin' down?
i'm going .... should be fun !..
Old 09-16-2007, 09:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by G-NIZZLE
Originally Posted by Krzd1
Yuppers, just the thing I like taking my family to...

The guy on the right must be saying hi

Right on!!!!

I like how this become a "Racial" thing now......

and wow, did you see all the pictures of the cars on the KMEL website.......Whatever dewd!!!! You look at the pics and you see a bunch of people and wouldn't know it was a CAR show!!!!
well that picture has nothing to do with SCION CORP . i aggree that picture and that guy is not a good thing ... but don't think of it as a reflection of SCION.. one bad apple should be tossed out .. the finger is not what SCION is about ! ...

This is just an example of the type of attitude some people have. Notice the KMEL logo on it. That's just going ot reflect on KMEL, not Scion.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
SL Member

YOU GUYS BETTER GO TO KNOTT'S SCARY FARM THIS YEAR!!!

i drove all the way from San Diego to be here. You can at least make a 6 hour drive to that event. Rides are better and it's bigger too.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Originally Posted by G-NIZZLE
they had as many cars as they could have had , safely , they had the fire dept. and emt walking around making sure that pathways where clear .. the whole idea was just to showcase " WHAT YOU CAN DO TO A SCION CAR " not a "CAR SHOW " .. this is a promotional event for scion to show scion cars , not really a car show ,, scion dealers hold scion "cars show" and are open to as many scions that would like to be in it . last year it was too cramped in the park, had too many cars in .. and that is why they scaled it down this year ...
No that is not why they had so few cars. The reason it was so small this year is because they only had just over 2-months to put this together ( thanks to the last guy in charge) Jason,Mary and Jay did what they could in such a short time. But as far as the BS! Hell ya this was started as a Owner event and it strayed. Don't even drop that Racial crap eveeryone who was there saw the people who came, got arrested and started fights. Were they Scion people " NO" they were just a bunch of folks who have no reason to even be there except for the fact of what radio station they listen to. SN's 1-2 did we have these problems and did anyone ever get arrested?? Hell No! we all just had alot of fun.
So think about that what changed for the past 2 SN's "KMEL" . So maybe we won't have to see that crap next year and we can bring our kids and just enjoy everything that Scion does for us.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i kinda figured this was going to happen again this year so i decided not to even enter my car and see if it would get picked even though i know it wouldn't have. I really hope something changes for next year so people dont get their stuff stolen. RIDICULOUS for me to even say such a thing.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member

I was reading the Scionnight.com Blog and I should have read this guy's entry. If I didn't know any better I would say this guy was a Psychic.

"Name: JA -9/14/2007 11:15:59 AM
Subject: Experienced Scion-Nighter
Message: and yes there will be line cutters, it will be ghetto, and hella boppers haha sorry being honest!"

Well anyways I am still kinda ____ed off, not just because it was ghetto. I can't hate on a free event for scion owne, but that toyota/scion & hoffman lewis would leave it to clear channel's ghetto child KMEL to promote it. Seems to me that they were just letting anybody in. I got into it with some little "mac dre kid" that thought it was cool to cut in front of me after I had to spend 45 mins in line. then when I checked dude he was like "uh uh, I was here already blood, you trippin" I was like " you better pull that **** with someone who be afraid of you cause I will knock your little @ss out! him and his boy tried to get bold then I told him to step up and get knocked out. So I can only assume he went else where and cut cause he didn't go anywhere near me or infront of me. Well I got some pix of the cars that were there I will post them up asap.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

Well my son and his friend and i had a great time !!!!!!!Im a scion owner and i enjoy kmel and the music sorry i guess that makes me and my family ghetto,!!!!!!!!!just kidding,,,,,,,,,,,we had fun
Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a good time. Unfortunately, I didn't arrive in time to see T-Pain and others perform. It was a FREE show, so there can't be any complaints as far as I'm concerned. This was my first time. As soon as we left Daly City we had a dropped TC w/ rims following me and along came another TC w/ rims. All three of us got there at the same time. My girl was blown away by how many Gen1XB's there were. I thought it was pretty cool being that my car was one of the few 2nd gens around. When I paid for parking the attendant wasn't sure what kinda car I had...haha. Good Event overall. Definitely going to next years.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

T-pain wasnt there...Sorry. You didnt miss it after all..hahha
Old 09-17-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i liked last year alot better. at least this year i got to ride 2 rides without ridiculous lines. but all in all.. needed more scions in the park, some of hte stuff was WAYY TOOOOOOOOOOO Close to eachother... like the "rap" battles and the break dancing infront of eachtother i thought was purty stupid. the sound system sucked imo. no freebies. and i didnt even like the lineup so i didnt even wanna go to the concert. i love hip hop and rap and stuff, but it would be nice to have a variety, or at least something that can appeal to alot more people. bring in some local reggae/ska/hiphop bands... now that would be sick
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What is the goal of Scion Night? Is it customer appreciation?

Trying to get new customers onboard?

Family Event?

Perhaps our expectations are too high or are "mis-aligned" with the new customers that Scion wants to attract.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 PM

I still had a great time,my family still had a great time. I didn't have a booth this year but still had a great time. Carlos brought his little girls and you know what, we know what its like at theme parks and fairs here in Norcal. Great America is no different than what that night was, the county fair in San Jose is no different; Heck man, we still had a blast and I want to thank WaterDragon-Mike for winning my kid a guitar! Thanks man, you freaking rule! OMC-Ric still had fun and he doesn't like rap or rock. :D I know that we have had tame Scion Nights in the past, but this is just going to get bigger every year. We can't always control everything. So just go with it or don't go. I ended up driving back into the parking lot at the end of the night to give a few friends a ride back to their cars and all the scion owners in the parking lot were still having fun, showing off what they had! That was cool, it was a still a Scion event and I had fun. Heck, I rolled in with Leo's tC with everyone else. I payed for the parking and was still proud to do it. (By the way, Thank you Leo for driving my car to Scion Night for me!!) I can't wait to do it again next year with my family by my side.

Much props to Scion for putting together another great event that no other car company can do. I basically bought a car with great events that come standard. No other car out there comes with that.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well put gabe!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Default The Official Quote

Greetings Scion Owners,

Scion Night 4 has come and gone. For those that were able to attend the event and enjoy themselves, our mission was accomplished. For those that were were able to attend and did not enjoy themselves, I apologize.
We strive to make Scion Night an opportunity to invite owners and their friends to enjoy the park on our dime (and your $5 for parking). In our effort to expose the brand to more people we collaborated with KMEL for some of the artists and promotion of the test drive. I have read the concerns and complaints regarding the "family environment" and appreciate the comments, especially as a dad.
In our efforts to experiment with the brand, we have created a variety of events that people like and some that they don't like as much. I want to thank the 1,367 Scion owners that attended the event, and especially the 24 Scion owners that were there from 11am till 11pm.
Rest assured that the next Scion Night (or variation on that theme) will be different , because the time has come to change things up. There will be a lot of consideration regarding the "constructive criticism" provided, and hopefully we can continue to participate in great events.
Thanks for your passion to the brand and the community.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow! we are being heard. Thanks again for an event that many enjoyed. Can't wait till next year!!! yee yee
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

bull dub. is that Jason Whit?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: The Official Quote

Originally Posted by BullDub
Greetings Scion Owners,

Scion Night 4 has come and gone. For those that were able to attend the event and enjoy themselves, our mission was accomplished. For those that were were able to attend and did not enjoy themselves, I apologize.
We strive to make Scion Night an opportunity to invite owners and their friends to enjoy the park on our dime (and your $5 for parking). In our effort to expose the brand to more people we collaborated with KMEL for some of the artists and promotion of the test drive. I have read the concerns and complaints regarding the "family environment" and appreciate the comments, especially as a dad.
In our efforts to experiment with the brand, we have created a variety of events that people like and some that they don't like as much. I want to thank the 1,367 Scion owners that attended the event, and especially the 24 Scion owners that were there from 11am till 11pm.
Rest assured that the next Scion Night (or variation on that theme) will be different , because the time has come to change things up. There will be a lot of consideration regarding the "constructive criticism" provided, and hopefully we can continue to participate in great events.
Thanks for your passion to the brand and the community.
Thank you for hearing us out!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

jason, jay or mary. thank you for reading and your welcome for being there for 12 hours. thanks for what you did and gave to us showing. it was well worth it and i hope to be invited to show again next year. the even was awesome, with a couple exceptions. look forward to seeing you soon

Quick Reply: Scion Night 4-- So who went?