Scion Night 4-- So who went?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by G-NIZZLE
Originally Posted by theoneandonly
I do think it's great that Scion puts on this event and others, but still. What's the point of showing cars if there aren't that many on display. If they continue to put this on and want to get possible buyers there to see the possibilities. Wouldn't it make sense to try and get as many cars on display as possible?
they had as many cars as they could have had , safely , they had the fire dept. and emt walking around making sure that pathways where clear .. the whole idea was just to showcase " WHAT YOU CAN DO TO A SCION CAR " not a "CAR SHOW " .. this is a promotional event for scion to show scion cars , not really a car show ,, scion dealers hold scion "cars show" and are open to as many scions that would like to be in it . last year it was too cramped in the park, had too many cars in .. and that is why they scaled it down this year ...

Last Years was way better... This years was hella ___... Scion Night people expect to see hella Tc like the years before... and the years before it was fine... it was hella ghetto cause all them performances people went for...
Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And they should have a certain amount of tickets and not anyone can go... Honestly it seemed as if people went for the singers and not for the car...
Old 09-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by tckid21
I do think it's great that Scion puts on this event and others, but still. What's the point of showing cars if there aren't that many on display. If they continue to put this on and want to get possible buyers there to see the possibilities. Wouldn't it make sense to try and get as many cars on display as possible?
they had as many cars as they could have had , safely , they had the fire dept. and emt walking around making sure that pathways where clear .. the whole idea was just to showcase " WHAT YOU CAN DO TO A SCION CAR " not a "CAR SHOW " .. this is a promotional event for scion to show scion cars , not really a car show ,, scion dealers hold scion "cars show" and are open to as many scions that would like to be in it . last year it was too cramped in the park, had too many cars in .. and that is why they scaled it down this year ...

Last Years was way better... This years was hella ___... Scion Night people expect to see hella Tc like the years before... and the years before it was fine... it was hella ghetto cause all them performances people went for...
The last time I checked it has always been 25 cars for display and never any more than that. Remember, you could have left at any time if you felt that it was not your scene. You drove there, you could have left too. So next time when you go to an event and think it's ghetto, leave. The rest of us still had fun.

And they should have a certain amount of tickets and not anyone can go... Honestly it seemed as if people went for the singers and not for the car...
Kind of like the live 105 BFD event, but thats how it goes. People will come out to free events whenever they can. But if they still have Scion in their head when they leave, thats still a good thing. You gotta realize that when scion does an event, they want new people there to market the company to them. New people = possible buyers

Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

hella tc's??!?!?! there was the same if not more this year than last year!! or if ya wanna see more tc's maybe you should try goin to more events each year than JUST THE FREE ONE!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis

The last time I checked it has always been 25 cars for display and never any more than that. Remember, you could have left at any time if you felt that it was not your scene. You drove there, you could have left too. So next time when you go to an event and think it's ghetto, leave. The rest of us still had fun.

Kind of like the live 105 BFD event, but thats how it goes. People will come out to free events whenever they can. But if they still have Scion in their head when they leave, thats still a good thing. You gotta realize that when scion does an event, they want new people there to market the company to them. New people = possible buyers
I agree 100%. I had fun, I even went to ride all the big rides that were open.

I was honored just to be able to show my car!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yellow_Sub

hella tc's??!?!?! there was the same if not more this year than last year!! or if ya wanna see more tc's maybe you should try goin to more events each year than JUST THE FREE ONE!!
Actually I didn't even noticed that much tCs in the any of the shows for Scion Night. I only remember 2-3 tC for this year. And probably around the same number last year.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by CatalepsicFox

Actually I didn't even noticed that much tCs in the any of the shows for Scion Night. I only remember 2-3 tC for this year. And probably around the same number last year.
Adams, Eugines, Mikes, Carlos,Equinox (lol i cant remember your name. i'm lame) AND Phil's that's 6 tc's which woudl equal 1/4 of all the cars in there!!! were you two at the same show i was????
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Adams, Eugines, Mikes, Carlos,Equinox (lol i cant remember your name. i'm lame) AND Phil's that's 6 tc's which woudl equal 1/4 of all the cars in there!!! were you two at the same show i was????
LOL iono... I guess the tCs I saw didn't stick out to me as much as the xBs were, I guess. I can only remember Eujin's and some other tC with the strobes on the headlights close by. Gosh maybe my memory needs a tune up LOL.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

add liquor twice daily for the cure you seek
Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Next year they should have Bands perform rather than Hip Hop events all day long and DJ booths at every corner. Where's the Alternative music? Where's the House music?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

LOL iono... I guess the tCs I saw didn't stick out to me as much as the xBs were, I guess. I can only remember Eujin's and some other tC with the strobes on the headlights close by. Gosh maybe my memory needs a tune up LOL.
Yeah mine isnt really designed as a show car, in fact this was the first showing of my car ever. Mine was the only silver tC and I had a S/C and blue engine bay nights (put on at night)

I was happy to be there, and to show my car, but they had a night shining on my roof and made no point to turn on my multi-tone interior lights...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Kind of like the live 105 BFD event, but thats how it goes.
Then using that context, maybe the event should have been called 'KMEL Night' or 'Hyphy Night' and not 'Scion Night'... After all BFD is called [Live 105] BFD... not the 'Scion Customer Appreciation Concert'.

-Aaron
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I thought it was still fun, its just sad to know that Scion probably shelled out a lot of money for the big name performers that were there, and that not too many people on this thread appreciated it....

But I'm curious did anyone have any problems with burgulary or theft in the parking lots???
Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 AM
SL Member

With reading what everyone thought about Scion Night, I could write a lot here that would probably ____ people off. However, i'm not going to. The only reason i went was for the people who i knew were going to be there. It was a blast hanging out with those i hung out with. They know who they are. As for everything else. Like any event that has people in the same place that don't normally go to the same thing all the time. You should have expected the crap that went on. I just looked the other way. I do agree that it's BS that some of the freebies were giving to people who were there only becuase KMEL was there. But i'll stop there before my ranting continues.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Grime
I thought it was still fun, its just sad to know that Scion probably shelled out a lot of money for the big name performers that were there, and that not too many people on this thread appreciated it....

But I'm curious did anyone have any problems with burgulary or theft in the parking lots???
I did had problems on my first Scion Night.... (Scion Night 2) which someone who stole my TRD Emblem, but not on this Scion Night.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I brought my kids plus an extra one. We had a good time. I got to see most of the people I know that were showing, despite the kids trying to pull me away from the car area. The concert was full and closed when we got there, didn't see any altercations or much in the way of bad behavior. The lines weren't bad for the kid rides, it's just too bad that Thomastown was closed. It's the first new thing there in years, even my 5th grader and his friend were bummed over that. I figured they would be too old for Thomas.

I wish they would do more shirts for events like these, even if we had to buy them. I'm not complaining, cuz a special someone hooked me up. ;)

Thanks Scion!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member

hey I got some pix that I want to post since Sat Morning, but I just figured out photobucket. Here it goes I hope this works...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Evildave is a Scion genious. It was good to see.... that orange xB with the stars on it, I forget her name, at the show, because I used to always see it driving around Sac and it was always one of my inspirations when I get my car over two years ago.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SN2, the year we had our Scion in the show, there were 20 xB's, 10 tC's and supposed to be 10 xA's but I don't think there were that many...not to mention all the vendors cars on display. There is PLENTY of room in that prk, it just has to do with the placement of them.

I know I was _____ing in my past posts, but we did have a good time for the most part dispite it not being our scene. It was just....not what we expected due to past events.

Gabe, you are right, we could have left at any time, but a 3-4 hour commute there and then not wanting to give up our hard earned place in the funnelcake line kept us there longer than we wanted to be there...LOL.

The part that REALLY freaked us out was the street performers with the hula hoops and roller skates! WTF was that!?!?! J/K.

I really hope there is a change for next year and I said we wouldn't be back next year, but we will go if we are still in the nor-Cal area.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hapemix

Thanks for the pics of my car

Quick Reply: Scion Night 4-- So who went?