Notices
Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

Super Blue White illegal in CA???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got pulled over a few months back! mainly cuz of my tinted windows, 8k hid, also caught my injen intake, and my full cat back... but the officer only told me i can't have blue light... and gave me a fix ticket for tinted and no front plate only... this happen in sj! ;)
Old 08-31-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by RodC
Originally Posted by tom22580
my friend got a ultra violet for his 08 civic and he didn't get pull over
I would like to know how this guy drives at night with ultraviolet light coming from his headlights.
i mean violet

HTTP://www.luminicsusa.com/detail.as...04SF&Type=9004
Old 08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to know how this guy drives at night with ultraviolet light coming from his headlights.
i mean violet

I would still like to know how he drives at night with violet bulbs.

Cameras can never catch how blue headlights really are, not can you tell how blue they are unless you find a long straight road turn on your lights and start running for a good distance away.

I have 6k HID, and I cant tell how blue they are at anytime. From facing a wall or standing in front. But when I drove down the road leading to my parents house, they asked why my headlights were so blue.

Any of the aftermarket bulbs that claim superwhite, will appear blue, and it just depends on how the cop feels that day.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by trentonm
i mean violet

I would still like to know how he drives at night with violet bulbs.

Cameras can never catch how blue headlights really are, not can you tell how blue they are unless you find a long straight road turn on your lights and start running for a good distance away.

I have 6k HID, and I cant tell how blue they are at anytime. From facing a wall or standing in front. But when I drove down the road leading to my parents house, they asked why my headlights were so blue.

Any of the aftermarket bulbs that claim superwhite, will appear blue, and it just depends on how the cop feels that day.

should i buy this 6k bulb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230286594326
Old 08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All High Wattage bulbs and HIDs are considered illegal if they are not OEM Spec
Old 08-31-2008, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look, everything you're throwing up is illegal. Anything that is an improvement over the stock bulbs is technically illegal. Even Sylvania Silverstars, which are advertised on nationwide television could be considered illegal if the cop wanted to give you a hard time.

The point is that almost everything is illegal when it comes to lighting in California, so you just have to decide what kind of a risk you are willing to take.

I have these in my low beams and high beams:

http://www.extremestyling.com/Nokya-...B000AUQQYE.htm

"This Headlight Bulbs are intended for off road and show purpose, NOT for street use."

Yes they are illegal, but no I have never been pulled over for them.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Just try taking a picture of your headlights turned on at night. You won't believe the difference the camera takes and what you really see. My HIDs look white to me but my camera proved me wrong! It was blue!! Looks like you do have the 08' headlights so it just says one thing: "Cop was an ___ and wanted to give out a ticket". Just like everyone else is saying here. Goodluck though.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i just said, I have 6k, which is a notch closer to the blue hue of the color spectrum for lighting. They are blue! To be safe and not want to get a ticket look for 4500k which is stock color temp. At least i think its 4500k, its somewhere in the mid 4000's. HAHA

Here is a great way to tell what color the lights will be. Look at the glass... Are they blue? Then chances are theyre blue when turned on as well. Which means they are illegal. Man read the things people are posting...
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 AM

huh, i got pulled over this weekend and the chippy asked "are those HID's?" but in more of a "i like them" tone, rather than "i'm gonna bust you for em" and he complimented me and asked where i got em and stuff. lucky me i guess.