ID, OR, WA

*WARNING* PNW Carsponsorships.com members

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default *WARNING* PNW Carsponsorships.com members

I know this is a nationwide business, but I also personally know several people here in the region that have used this company, so not sure where this is MOST appropriate, BUT:

*After 30+ days of being a member I have learned that many of the "sponsor prices" for the items offered are EVEN CHEAPER if I just sign on like any other Joe Blow to the sponsor's main page.
*Also, offers such as the HIN upgrade package refer to only the 2005 tour year... the year that has been wrapped for some time now.
*In addition, I have also not received my pre-cut tint film through Gila Films, for the price of $9.95 (this is a carsponsorships.com issue though, as I had to pay THEM, through paypal, FOR IT)
*I am currently working with my credit card company to dispute the $89.00 original fee, Wells Fargo has already issued my $9.95 back, and the BBB (www.bbb.org) will be receiving a full letter of complaint this evening after our 3rd Friday Meet in Alderwood.

Before anyone starts with the "I told you so's", I had heard the complaints regarding the service, but had also heard that two members of our regional chapter of Scikotics had WONDERFUL experiences with them, so I decided to give it a shot. I always trust PERSONAL references above and beyond general complaints from "strangers."

Guess if/when they decide to act like a business, it's few and far between.

In case anyone is wondering, I did send carsponsorships.com an email first, telling them I'd like to handle it like adults and giving them "One Calendar Week" (7 days) to reply. They reoplied with a generic "You must contact "Justin" our customer service manager at..." and proceeded to give me an email. I forwarded my original complaint, along with full name, phone number, etc and reset my "One Calendar Week" request to hear back from someone.

Nothing.

I called and listened to the ongoing after hours message that finally linked me to *A* Justin... (no last name given, so no idea if it's the right guy or not) and I left a lengthy voicemail where I explained how I NOW feel, as well as reading the ORIGINAL email I sent to him.

Nothing.

So I'm now going about it any way I can to get a full refund. No goods have been received, no services rendered, most of what was offered is expired or no longer valid, and regular "Street" prices are cheaper than my "special sponsored prices" in most cases. Even when they aren't, we go back to the issue of "products not received"

Can we say nightmare?

Just wanted to let you all know what's going on. I think I explained what happened in quite a bit of detail, but if anyone's going through something similar and has questions for me, I'll be more than happy to help however I can!!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

ouch... that sux... sorry u had bad experience with them... have heard of a "few" good dealings with them....from people i know.. wouldnt necesarrily call them "trusted"..more along the "aquaintence" line tho....

well lesson learned...and noted...... hope it works out with your CC company... and/or carsponsorships.com starts working with you to resolve the problems
Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually just filed the BBB complaint here at work, so that's underway too.

I hope so too.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Thanks a ton for the review. While it sucks that this happened to you, I'm glad someone in the area is finally exposing these guys. Hopefully no one else has to get burned by such a shady business. Hope all works out for you Brad.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i joined up with them too about 2 months ago. i just took the $89 hit and said screw it, because i didn't care for any of their "sponsors". they weren't brands worth putting on my car. also you were right about the pathetic pricing.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So does anyone, maybe Dustin?, know what the policy is of ScionLife in regards to this company... I mean, they're a sponsor and all...

I would go into it more, but I think what I'm saying here is pretty self explanatory
Old 11-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, Brad, but you'll have to contact Justin with tha...Wait! Wrong response!

Quite honestly, Brad, all I can suggest is asking Darren and/or Troy what the ScionLife policy in regards to sponsers is. They are the folks with 'The WORD' on such things.

Sorry to hear of the bad experience with carsponsorships.com. I have seen both good and bad comments about them in various posts here on ScionLife. I guess I'm lucky in that NONE of what they might offer has ANY appeal to me.

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Anon.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The BBB can't and/or won't do anything.

Not to take wind out of your sails. I do hope that someone can figure out a way to get their money back or force them to be more clear about it.

If I remember correctly, it has to do with them being based out of Deleware. There are laws in Deleware that allow them to do what they do, and get away with it.

There are a handful of companies like this that opperate under the same parent umbrella...Sport Compact Pro. There is...getsponsored.net, needsponsors.net, sportcompactpro.com, and a few others. They are all the same, but might have different addresses. But they all go to the same place.

Good luck dude, seriously. I hope you can figure out a way to get them.

I can't speak for Darren, but a close friend of mine owns and runs another website that I frequent, and he has them on there for a vertical doors sponsorship. This is all part of the same group. He gets paid by them to have their stuff on the site. It's a business venture for him. I would guess it's the same for Darren.

I'm not going to go way into it either, because I could type forever about them. But you aren't the first one to feel this way about them.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, the mailing address is in Florida, but if you say they're based in DE, I wouldn't be stunned...

Regardless of what they classify as, etc... Money paid for goods and/or services not received IS a crime.

For instance, although I'm not a business, if you pay me $15000 for my tC, I take and spend your money but do not deliver a tC, I have committed a crime.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not arguing, but there are very clear laws and guidelines re: fraudulent behaviors such as these.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I had them on my site while it was up because for each filled out application that pays, its 5.00 bucks back to the site. I made a bit of money but in retrospect, it was shady making money off of someone elses misfortune....
Old 11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^
Exactly, and although it may be different in a referral aspect, if you were ripping people off and I knew about it and said nothing, I would be an "accomplice" So therefor, ScionLife knowing that multiple members have been screwed, yet continuing to let them advertise on the site while simultaneously NOT making members aware of the problems/risks involved with doing business with them...
Like I said, it may be different in a business relationship/referral atmosphere, but... I sure as hell would want to distance myself...

Seems like there's enough sponsors on this site, that losing one wouldn't make or break the future of ScionLife.com
Old 11-18-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wonder if a blurb in "shop expierences" would technically be the right catagory....

anyways.. thats neither here nor there...... still is a shaddy sounding deal at minimum....

like tomas mentioned in his post...
"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Anon.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had a thread on this a while back in "Website discussion". The response I got from the man was whoever pays the fees gets to advertise.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The only way I can see them going down is if you catch them in a technicality. For instance, when they say all the money is being donated to a charity. We all know this is a lie. But if there is a way to catch them in that. Like Dustin said, he got a cut out of every application that was filled out. I like Dustin as much as the next guy, but he doesn't count as a charity in my book.

Anyway, I hope you can figure out a way to get your money back. It's way past me being able to get mine back. Unless there is some class-action lawsuit or something hahaha.

I am going to try to look for the info that I had on them. There is something in the Deleware State law that is different from any other state, and I can't remember what it is. They actually are following the law, but it is so vague and different that it seems like a scam to everyone except the law.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone else has been "suckered" and wants to contact the BBB, the reply I just got via email acknowledging the receipt of my complaint says the following office is handling it:
The bureau that will handle your complaint is:
BBB of West Florida
PO Box 7950
Clearwater,FL 33758 -7950
Email: complaints@bbbwestflorida.org
URL: www.clearwater.bbb.org
Phone: (727)535-5522
Fax: (727)539-6301
Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...onsorships+com
Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Reply to BCS-
I know though, that WA State is an EXTREMELY consumer-friendly and consumer oriented state. Many laws can/do protect against shafty and/or vague laws other states put forward.

As far as getting your $ back, how long has it been? Unless we're talking a LOOOONG time ago, I doubt the statute of limitations has already passed...
Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
I had a thread on this a while back in "Website discussion". The response I got from the man was whoever pays the fees gets to advertise.
About to read your posted link, but that is VERY unfortunate. I'd go more into my opinions, but really don't have a desire to get booted by Darren himself...

Again though, it's extremely unfortunate that a little bit of money takes precidence over THOUSANDS of members...
Old 11-18-2005, 11:37 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by InTheWASide
Reply to BCS-
I know though, that WA State is an EXTREMELY consumer-friendly and consumer oriented state. Many laws can/do protect against shafty and/or vague laws other states put forward.

As far as getting your $ back, how long has it been? Unless we're talking a LOOOONG time ago, I doubt the statute of limitations has already passed...
It's been a couple years now i think.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You may want to look or at least call a lawyer that gives free advice over the phone... I think in most cases statute of limitations is 3 5 or 7 years

Quick Reply: *WARNING* PNW Carsponsorships.com members