Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by InTheWASide
^^
Exactly, and although it may be different in a referral aspect, if you were ripping people off and I knew about it and said nothing, I would be an "accomplice" So therefor, ScionLife knowing that multiple members have been screwed, yet continuing to let them advertise on the site while simultaneously NOT making members aware of the problems/risks involved with doing business with them...
Like I said, it may be different in a business relationship/referral atmosphere, but... I sure as hell would want to distance myself...

Seems like there's enough sponsors on this site, that losing one wouldn't make or break the future of ScionLife.com
Thing is though, just like you said, there are some folks who have a very good experience with these folks. Hard to tell whats really up. Maybe they just like being mysterious. I highly doubt Darren of any website owner for that matter would put these guys in a site knowing they were just going to screw the gen pop for 89.00 bux and then take off.

sigh, oh well, not a big deal i guess. If I could have learned half the lessons in my life for a mere 89.00 I would have gladly done it. LOL
Old 11-19-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See, and if I put myself in Darren's shoes... it would take more than one person getting screwed for me to drop it, but...

After enough comments/complaints I'd just be like "Hey guys... it's really not worth it. Stop paying me. I'm gonna take your links down... Just too many complaints and I'm concerned about the image I send of MYSELF, to my members"

That's just me though.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:22 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think that generally the people who have had a good experience with this company are the people who don't have connections with shops or other companies. The people who are just starting out tuning their cars. While most people know that it really isn't a full sponsorship (as they put it) if you have to pay for it, you are still sponsored. And if you are just starting out and don't really know what is going on, then you can say that you are sponsored when you send off proposals to other companies.

The problem that comes is that most people who actually apply for this have already been in the tuner scene for a while. They are looking for "higher-end" parts or something specific to their taste in cars. This company doesn't get those kinds of parts. It is mis-leading to most people.

But i'll tell you this, good or bad experience with them, it helps in the long-run. I wouldn't say that I am more cautious about what I buy, but I do more research before I buy it.

I think it's suppose to be a stepping stone for modifying your car. But for most people, it puts you 4 steps backwards.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wonder what the ratio is to people who have had good experiences to people who have had bad experiences. There could be a reason behind that as to why they may not have done anything about it. I would sure hope that if there is a major problem with this, they would take some kind of corrective action so as to not let the people who make this site what it is to be taken advantage of.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i got it, and i got my vinyl from decalkits.com... i feel like it was worth it...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aaron-

CLEARLY the all powerful American dollar means more to some of the "higher ups" on this board than the thousands of customers that swear by this board...

It's truly a sad, and some might even say pathetic way to go about business...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^

And if I'm out of line with the above remark, please TELL ME *HOW* I'm wrong, and I will remove MY OWN statement rather than make a mod feel it's necessary to edit and/or remove it
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm temporarily locking this thread until those 'higher ups' can respond, if they wish to.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brad, if you want to know how you're wrong, please let me help you:

First of all, we don't knowingly put on fraudulent companies that run off with our members money. Your complaint of Carsponsorships is the first I've heard of this. There have been members who have been unhappy with their vinyl, but others who have been happy. From what I can see, they don't promise more than vinyl anyway, but feel free to research on ScionLife if you're concerned about the deal.

The beauty of a forum site is the ability to provide feedback to the community. An advertiser purchases an advertising plan, we host their banners, and then we allow our broad user base to evaluate their worthiness.

In some cases, we've booted sponsors who accept payment and give NOTHING in return. I will investigate this case. The quote from Darren below...

"any company that pays the advertising fee is allowed to post their advertising.... it is up to you to decide whether you should buy their product or not."

...does not apply to fraudulent sponsors. But before I consider Carsponsorships fraudulent, I will contact them as well.

Until a minute ago, I was unaware of your predicament. There are a lot of tasks in running this site, and staying up to date in all the forums is not possible. Because you're complaining about a sponsor does not mean we (Troy and Darren) are aware of it. Tom just brought this to my attention.

Finally, this belongs in the Retail Experiences forum. How are other users on ScionLife going to be warned. How are we, the admins, supposed to know if this is a widespread problem?

LOCKED! Feel free to share your experience with others in the Retail Experiences forum:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67355
Meanwhile I will be contacting you, Brad.