[TAC]2nd FRI Tacoma Mall and [SEA]4th FRI Lake City Dicks

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default [TAC]2nd FRI Tacoma Mall and [SEA]4th FRI Lake City Dicks

-Hello and welcome to 2006-

Scion Evolution once again welcomes EVERYONE to come out and enjoy another Friday night gathering.

On the 2nd Friday of each month at about 8pm, we will be meeting that Krispy Creme Donuts located at the Tacoma Mall. On the 4th Friday of each month we will be meeting at the Dicks Drive-In located in Lake City, just off Lake City Way. For 2006 we thought it was important to actually move the meet closer to the city of Seattle! And Dicks being a Seattle landmark we decided to go with Lake City, because it typically has more parking and typically a little less busy.

EVERYONE is welcome to come and meet fellow Scion owners at this monthly gathering! It's always great to see new faces and meet fellow Scion owners.

Dick's map coming soon.

Starting in Sept SE will be hosting Seattle and Tacoma monthly meet and greets open to all Scion owners. These gatherings will be a chance for local Scion owners to get together once or twice a month at a regular location and time. Tentitively these meets will take place at 8pm on the Second Friday of each month in Tacoma and 8pm on the Fourth Friday of each month in Seattle.

Tacoma meets will be held next to the Krispy Kreme at the Tacoma Mall.

4302 Tacoma Mall Boulevard
Tacoma, WA 98409
Driving Directions
Old 08-27-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah!!! How exciting!! I should be able to make it to the Tacoma meets! Woowho!

evette
Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah, we did it to bring out the best locations in everyone. It seems the pennisula and south areas are growing a bit faster than expected and we wanted to make it fair for them as well as the central and northern folks. We are still trying to do the greatest good for the greatest number so North Seattle/Bellevue/kirland and Tacoma seem to fit the bill
Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 AM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

For the South end, are you thinking Tacoma, or was that just a general city to designate the south end? I ask because there is The Rock Wood Fire Pizza in Lakeland Hills. It's in South Auburn. Just throwing out a location. There are some good places in Puyallup and Tacoma as well.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ohcanada_00
Yeah, we did it to bring out the best locations in everyone. It seems the pennisula and south areas are growing a bit faster than expected and we wanted to make it fair for them as well as the central and northern folks. We are still trying to do the greatest good for the greatest number so North Seattle/Bellevue/kirland and Tacoma seem to fit the bill
As this essentially follows up a recent post I made (that was locked as a "precaution" lol all I can really reply with is:

Old 08-30-2005, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BCS
For the South end, are you thinking Tacoma, or was that just a general city to designate the south end? I ask because there is The Rock Wood Fire Pizza in Lakeland Hills. It's in South Auburn. Just throwing out a location. There are some good places in Puyallup and Tacoma as well.
Bucket's . . . . yeah!!!! Or there's the one in downtown Tacoma. Either way that sounds like a great idea!

evette
Old 08-30-2005, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOW...

As far as pitching in ideas for places, here's a few to get you started for the north end meets:

Bellevue- TapHouse (Bellevue Galleria. Anyone of any age can go although the main feature is over 100 beers on tap. Food's a little pricey, but if it's meant to be a more informal get together with a couple beers, that would be a great place. Right in the middle of Bellevue too.) With as much as Bellevue is changing, there's gotta be some sweet spots for photos, including the funky art museum over there. (The xBs would look pretty sweet against it since it's so angular.

Kirkland- TGI Fridays at Park Place. (Everyone knows what this is, right? ) Great photo opps at Marina Park, Carillon Point (if it was a slow enough point and light enough to get a shoot at the main circle there) Also real close to photo opps nearby in Woodinville for Red Hook, Columbia Winery or Chateau Ste Michele

Seattle/North Seattle- There's a Red Robin at the Northgate Mall, and although the quality of their food is an issue with me (I worked at Olive Garden for 3 years as a regional trainer) one of the best *LOOKING* OG's is at Northgate. (We'd be real close to Lake City Scion if we met here and could work that in somehow...)

Beth's Cafe is another great Seattle idea (although parking is crap) Not sure of any good photo opp's right by that area...

Further North...

Lynnwood- Alderwood Mall is totally redesigned. Lots more parking, a HUGE theater, there's a Claim Jumper over there now and if there's decent photo angles, group pics at that new convention center could turn out pretty sweet.

Hope someone gets a brainstorm from some of this...
Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

North area meets at Pho Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!

South End at 38th street Pho

Sorry, I have Pho on the brain!!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Everyone's got food on the brain, but I know the potential cost of eating out has deterred some folks from showing up in the past. Just playing devil's advocate, here, but maybe there's somewhere we could meet for free or at least "food optional".
Old 08-30-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clif
Everyone's got food on the brain, but I know the potential cost of eating out has deterred some folks from showing up in the past. Just playing devil's advocate, here, but maybe there's somewhere we could meet for free or at least "food optional".
Well, realize that I did mention photo spots at each of the places I mentioned.

People could all grab some fast food or whatever and meet at Marina Park, or wherever the meet happens to be.

Some of the destinations would of course rely on good weather, but...

Or since you're referring to the potential cost of eating out... eat before the meet and when we all get together somewhere, order some combination of coffee, soda, milkshake, dessert or beer.

At MOST places, you wouldn't exceed $5 (even with tip)
Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The meeting location should be near food, but not at a resturant. This is a time to get together every month and just kick it. The location should be public and have high visability to people passing by that migiht have a Scion.

Right now I'm thinking North Gate or Alderwood. During Sittin Pretti I met several Scion owners from Everett that expressed interest in club activities.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Alderwood would be perfect, not too far for Seattle, Eastside, or Everett. Lots of parking and choices for photo, food etc...
Old 08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well I hope you guys & gals decide, cause when I get my xB I will drop by and see what its all about.!
Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

All right folks, since the masses have spoken for a non-food type place to meet, and near some sort of pictre opporuntity, I've selcted for the Tacoma Area Meet and Greets the parking lot at Krispy Kreme in the Tacoma mall.

Near to Ruston way or the sticks for photo shoots, near mall food and Krispy Kreme, lots of parking, and lots and lots of attention getting exposure to passing cars and freeway traffic.

Lets try this for a month or two and see if it works, its easy off and on teh freeway and should, if nothing else, be a good launching point to go somewhere else if needed.

See you all in two weeks!
Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wooOOT...
ok now some1 on the north end pick a spot.. .... again ...only cuz i dont know the area well...
Old 09-02-2005, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

For the north end it sounds like Alderwood Mall will be a good place to try for a while. I'll go scope it out for a specific spot. It should work out similar to the Tacoma Mall.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The best places for group parking at Alderwood are kind of unique. The best places to be noticed are up by the food court/ClaimJumper end (Alderwood calls it the "Terraces") the wall of parking out of the garage by Ruby's. Parking is difficult to get along there though...

Also, at the PF Changs/Nordstrom end if you park in the very back (YES, the back) across from Lynnwood High School, everyone going up and down that main drag can see them all lined up. (This applies to anywhere along that street from all the way down at the corner closest to Target, or all the way up at til the main entrance by Nordstrom)

If you park on the Nordstrom side out by the street you're also closer to "The Village" which is the outdoor part of Alderwood reminiscent of U-Village. Lots of areas to just sit outside if weather permits and hang out. If anyone does get hungry, besides the throng of restaurants all over the Lynnwood./Alderwood area there's also a World Wraps and Cold Stone Creamery in addition to the main food court that will have plenty of cheaper alternatives.

(I used to work at Alderwood... can you tell?)

Old 09-05-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tacoma Mall parking lot in front of Krispy Kreme it is. I'll see you there. I'm going to bring it up again on our Wed. Meet and Greet. Hopefully people will go with me. Anyway, see ya friday....
Old 09-06-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Coolz, i'll be at the south end meets. what's this wednesday meet?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's the Kitsap Pennisula's "Meet & Greet".

Quick Reply: [TAC]2nd FRI Tacoma Mall and [SEA]4th FRI Lake City Dicks