ID, OR, WA

[TAC]2nd FRI Tacoma Mall and [SEA]4th FRI Lake City Dicks

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm... had i not needed a nap before going to work... i woulda gone up.... surprised you didnt find any1 up there... i forget what stores are near the normal meet area... but i know theres a burgermaster or somthing like that just east and across the street from where we've met in the past....
and unless something changed its always been parking away from the mall... parking along in the outer edge of the mall parking lot
Old 12-17-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kkawana
hmm... had i not needed a nap before going to work... i woulda gone up.... surprised you didnt find any1 up there... i forget what stores are near the normal meet area... but i know theres a burgermaster or somthing like that just east and across the street from where we've met in the past....
and unless something changed its always been parking away from the mall... parking along in the outer edge of the mall parking lot
The outer edge by the street across from Billy McHales was open, so was the top floor of the parking garage on the nordstroms side!!

I'll give it a whirl again in the future. Would be nice to know the next date and time at Alderwood. I know I know..look at the front page. Be better to have a post start the week before and plan it and get numbers and definite spot. I'd like to make one of these with some people there

I have a feeling I'm one of the few xA's that would show up. I need to steal...um get some ideas of future mods.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Hey all. This is Brad. Jessi's letting me borrow her account for this post...

Showed up with Chris from Scion/Lake City. We met over by Billy's because there was more parking. I had a SR xA not show up last minute,2 xBs that couldn't because they were out of town, 1 xB that didn't want to go out with all the ice in his neighborhood, 1 xB that had a bday (happy bday again Aaron!), 1 xB playing at a gig that night, 1 tC that never got back to me and another tC that couldn't make it.

Chris and I hung out in the Billy's/Ross parking lot where there was TONS of space directly across 33rd from the usual spot. Chatted a bit, came up with some ideas for Scikotics in 06 and whatnot. Looped through the regular area a couple times and all we saw was a silver xA that couldn't have had older drivers... Think they were in their 90's... YIKES!

To the new guys interested in the Alderwood meet Squishy and ScioXBox, we do have a "specific place/time" but with Christmas shopping crowds it was a bad idea to not change the location to somewhere less...shopping oriented.

January shouldn't be an issue, but I just wanted to clarify that we'll be back on the 4th Friday schedule right? Scikotics will also be holding a monthly meet starting in either January or February, probably closer to the middle of the week (Tues, Weds or Thurs) earlier in the month so we can get together more often. Gonna be a TON of great stuff going on in 2006! All are welcome to show, plenty of time at these future meets to discuss the rides with time set aside for club stuff...

Hope everyone has a great end to the holidays and 2005. 2006 is gonna be a great year!

(I may start using this board again in a VERY limited fashion. Just to get news out and organize meets and what not. Just a lot less of the chit-chatty stuff.)

Catch ya all later!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just wanted to remind you that we are going to be having a big show in OKC, OK June 17th. We would really like it if yall would beable to make this nation wide meet, it will be well worth the drive especially for a weekend of scikotics fun. i figure we will be having people from new york and everywhere else going to be coming, some of your guys or girls may be interested. have a nice day
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So when is the next get together? I know it's down south, but what date is that going to be?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

jan 13th for tacoma side
Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member

I will try to make the Tacoma meet.

My wife thinks Im gonna get mugged or car jacked lol All of the "Meeting strangers online" bad press lately!!

Still 8pm @ Kracky Creme 2nd Friday of the month right?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Still at 8 o'clock at Kracky Creme! Cant wait to meet you!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that why everybody is always late? I get there at 7...

See y'all on Friday the Thirteenth at KK...
Old 01-04-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Uh oh, friday the 13th........Maybe I shouldn't drive all the way down there ha ha

See ya there
Old 01-04-2006, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah really... We got thunderstorms scheduled that night?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may need to dig my mask out for that meet...
Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

First post updated with a message about Dick's for the 4th friday meet.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thefoth Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:11 am

First post updated with a message about Dick's for the 4th friday meet.
thefoth,
I'm new to all this and I didn't see any mention of what time you all meet...is there a specific timeframe?
Rudy
Old 01-04-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For anyone who might be concerned about the northend meet turning into essentially a downtown meet...

I am working on a time/date to keep a meet in the northend. As I understood it the original reason for going Tacoma and Lynnwood was that it includes both the north and the south end folks, and anyone in downtown or the eastside is roughly centrally located to either meet.

Now it's switched to being a central and a southend meet. If enough people show the desire to keep a meet in the northend, I'll set it up. That way the locations are a little more balanced for everyone.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A NORTHEND MEET TO REMAIN (EVEN IF THE LOCATION CHANGES) PLEASE IM ME.

Thank you.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yea I was wondering the same thing in why the north end meet got moved to Seattle. I mean I will drive down there, but doesn't seem fair for all the people who live up north to have to drive to Seattle and or Tacoma now to meet w/ any fellow scion owners. Might as well move it down to Portland so we can hang out w/ all of them too ha ha ha
Old 01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Actually Lake City is north of seattle (~10 miles from downtown), perhaps our perspectives on the geography of the region are different. To me Seattle is the North and Tacoma is the south. Central would be Renton-Federal Way. The Southend meet is held at the Tacoma Mall, which is on the south end of Tacoma. The northend meet will be held in Lake City on the northend of Seattle. Moving the meet closer to Everett would be like moving the southend meet closer to Olympia. Which in my opion is further from the greatest number of possible attendies.

Its probably worth mentioning that I do drive to Portland and California multiple times a year for meets as well.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RudyT
thefoth,
I'm new to all this and I didn't see any mention of what time you all meet...is there a specific timeframe?
Rudy
Rudy to answer your question, all meets start at approx 8pm, but people will showup between 8-8:30 on average.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I'm just looking forward to meeting all the new faces at Dicks later this month. I think th Dicks idea stands a bit better just because its closer to a dealership, still in the way northend and lets face it, attendence wasn't exactly as high at Alderwood as it has been in Tacoma or Bremerton. I think a shake (no Dick's pun intended) is perfect for the new year. Besides, it was cold and unforgiving in the parking lot of that mall and Dicks is warm and inviting.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's all good, I thought I just ask. I mean I will travel to almost anywhere where there is a show for me to attend. I have already done a lot of driving to show my car in the past year, hence why i have 24k miles on a car that's less then a year old.

Besides "Dick's is the place where the crew hangs out!!!!!"

See ya all there & tonight in bellevue if you are there!!!

Quick Reply: [TAC]2nd FRI Tacoma Mall and [SEA]4th FRI Lake City Dicks