05AUG - Annie's Pizza Run II - Planning

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 05AUG - Annie's Pizza Run II - Planning

Well, just to start things off on the planning for the next run for a Concrete Pizza, I decided to set up a topic for it.

The next run will probably be different than the first, though it doesn't need to be. That one was a lot of fun. :D

Suggestions already mentioned were an optional overnight camping segment, making sure it is scheduled when Brandy can be up here, taking the 'more scenic' or 'more challenging' route, dividing into two groups at some point so on group can take the 'easy' route and the other the 'interesting' route, etc.

This is the place to talk about it and figure out what folks are willing to do.

For myself I'd settle for the same as the first run, but would be willing to consider some additional, optional bits and pieces.

(Heck, one thing I thought might be fun is to have small stick-on vinyl "rally badges" for the "Concrete Pizza, Annie's Pizza Station, Pizza Run II.")

Enjoy!

Tom

{edit title changed - preliminary date CHANGED --Tomas}
Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Sounds good, all of it! I like the idea of the badge/vinyl too, kind of like the exposed thing or toy run stickers...
Old 03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Seeing all the posts and pictures of the first pizza run we really want to go. Glad to hear there are plans in the works for a second.

My suggestion is if it could be on Saturday, especially for the people coming from farther away (like Portland). That would allow for the optional overnight camping segment as well, so those people would have Sunday to come home.

It's very beautiful up in that area so any route would be great. Although I love to drive and might opt for the "more challenging route".

The badge idea sounds great! Would definitely go to get one!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would be up for this one again, not sure about camping for me, dog seems to require a queen bed to sleep in as she hogs ours, lol, but all else sounds good to me, more into the scenic cruise, not in any hurry, as long as we all end up at the same place and in one piece.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i would be down to go...but where the heck is concrete at???
Old 03-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Still seems far from everett evenon that map...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe a concrete pizza/camping/baker ski trip???
Old 03-13-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

no way in he!! am I taking my box up the mountain, lol
Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heavenly days!!! I go off for the day and come home to a new Pizza Tour thread.....

Concrete is NOT that far from Everett!!! (That is a weird looking map with those stick pins...) It takes maybe an hour and 10 minutes or so to Everett from here if traffic is fine. It might seem far if you think you are falling off the planet at any moment, but it gets shorter with frequency. I'm going to Kent on Thursday..... and I think the Everett to Kent segment will take much longer!

Weekends with craziness in Concrete this summer are July 28-29, and August 18-19. It would be fun to have stuff going on but too much going on makes it hard to really relax.... so if you all want to come those days be prepared for insanity and little places to camp. (And the Fourth of July is a given as NUTZ!) If we pick a weekend fairly soon I can probably arrange a group camping area up at Baker Lake before it's all reserved.

Pro'ly need to ask Brandy when she wants to come.... July or early August.

And driving through Darrington is a scenic and gently curving road so it's fun but not too many rocks for chipping little box windows like the South Skagit. Maybe we can figure something like the equivilent of a poker run or scavenger hunt combined with the drive. More games when everyone is here.

Vinyl stickers sounds fun!! Maybe we should get them for every event in the year. People with the most stickers on their car at the end of the year wins!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eboardracer
maybe a concrete pizza/camping/baker ski trip???
We are on the wrong side of the mountain for skiing...... sorry.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Annie's Pizza Run II- Revenge of the Pizza!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I want to go to that car show the mayor pro-tempore was talking about.... might be able to work that in.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I love the sticker idea! I'd sport one! And I'd love to take the more scenic route for sure!

For camping, if anyone is looking for a cheap alternative, I certainly have room for hundreds of tents if need be. For those looking for better room and board, I could fit 4-6 of you in the tree house and you can watch cable television up there. For the super wussy, I've got one couch bed thing, another couch and seemingly endless floor space. I suppose my kids will all be outside camping so I'd have a bunk bed and a regular bed up for grabs too!

Oh, not to mention all the room in the world to yell, scream and make a ruckus, unlike a camping ground.

I'm nine miles West of Smokey Point and I think, if coming from Mt. Vernon, I'm 15 miles.

The only draw back to camping at my house would be that I will be scared to start a fire in the back yard IF we do this in the part of the summer where all the grass dries out. Touching off a huge field fire is a nightmare of mine, lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not the "challenging route" its the team ascension route... get it right. we will take the mountain
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep in mind that some might want to give sleeping in a box a try if there are restrooms and running water nearby...

I might even consider that.

Tom
Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Restrooms, showers, working kitchen, foosball, big screen, video games galore, go-cart, coolers filled with ice, boey swing, two internet computers, plenty of parking... that's all the amenities I can think of at the moment.

If someone wanted to sleep in their car, they could drive it in the backyard and line it up with the tents, lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

i believe i will be in the area the first weekend in august..... need to double check on the date of my 15 year class reunion... I can call Magic & Michaels Toyota (since I used to work for both of them) and see if Erik and David want to join in on the fun! or even a few other people I still keep in contact with like the Fish Flingers at the Pike Place Market! Oh this is sounding like A BLAST!

We could make NATIONAL TV!

or atleast SCION TV's accross the Nation! I love it!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have probably 20 full salmon the fish flingers could play with (I did want to toss them in the trash a lot sooner) if they'd like.

Okay, I will stop. I got a little excited thinking about my house turned into a campground.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Totally OT - but maybe we can think about a trip to Leavenworth for Oktoberfest or sumpin' like that. Give Route 2 some love.

Quick Reply: 05AUG - Annie's Pizza Run II - Planning