Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doug, look at Steve's very first post here, that huge red graphic about the Tacoma Place meet and greet, then note on page two of this thread the change of the location from the one in the first post to Denny's someplace on South Hill in Puyallup.

To many that probably is a pretty clear hint that the already planned Tacoma meet is now taking place in Puyallup.

I don't see that as those folks jumping to conclusions.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by dugzilla
Uhhhh I saw that 2/13/09 post a while back and it didn't seem like he was changing an event location, rather posting a new one. I did see other people asking if that was the tacoma m&g.

I don't care either way as I would not go to either because it's too far for me (I did make it one time ) but I don't see steve trying to change something that is already planned.

I think some people get a little touchy when their meets are challenged with something different or new on the same date.

Personally I like choices and the more the better, I can understand not wanting to go because you have other people coming to the Tacoma greet, but freaking out over it and throwing a fit is not my style.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Yeah, I saw it. My bad, still doesn't excuse all the hate that has been going on today. It's leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Like I said earlier, I can't see Steve trying to do anything but try and bring together this community not TEAR IT APART. I have never once heard him say anything bad about anyone.

Yes he should have started a new event or asked before changing an existing meet location, but he did not deserve the backlash for it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ok now that im home, this is going to be locked and im gonna do some cleaning
Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I don't see why this discussion can't continue as long as everyone keeps it civil. You can clean without locking.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

soooo... out of everybody that contributed in attempt to "solve" this, has anybody tried contacting Steve yet?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

With this whole lock/unlock crap/woe is me-theres another meeting place....This is SO much like High School!!! if not Jr High..This a place for people to discuss events and other things..and as long as there are no threats or anything else why jump in. As for the certain place to meet there is nothing set in stone! mabye there can be a south end meet the same day as Marysville?? Hell, an hour drive isnt that bad even....I drove 18 hrs to go to an event. From the calls and texts I got today, this kinda makes me feel sad to be a part of this..And to inviting new people, not only do I tell them when/where I make sure to point out to go to SL.com just to make sure that things havent changed!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

meh to this all.... makes me almost glad I've stepped out of this arena and stepped into the PSTOC and Balliztik ones.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

glad I'm North-end!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dkfung88
soooo... out of everybody that contributed in attempt to "solve" this, has anybody tried contacting Steve yet?
I've tried to contact him David. I'll try to track him down today
Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I'm glad I am pretty........ .........see how easy it is ........
Old 02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBLOVE
Ok since you are trying to change our whole M&G location which I think is POO I will NOT be at Denny's instead I will be at the normal M&G location, If you wanted to change where we have regularly met you should have created a new friday like maybe 4th friday for the south enders so we have something to do other than drive up to Marysville. The 2nd friday is the TACOMA M&G not puyallup...that is not right to change it without our input some people do not want to drive to puyallup and by you coming in and changing this is not being very considerate of us..........think about it
^^^^ that is my initial post before all the drama started....honestly is was a retarded argument that could have been avioded if some people would not stir the pot.....therefore pushing me to defend my opinions....but people jump to conclusions and start calling names and such which is lame! Now I think Steve is a great guy (a little hyper) and I feel his intentions were all good and harmless...but communication is key to everything.

Now there have been uncalled for comments made and I personally am disgusted by them everyone has been on here and gotten passionate about something and wanted to defend whatever it is...so before you start tossing out threats or calling people little kids look at yourself...I bet at one time or another you too have acted in a childish manner...and I don't care if you have been in this scene for 10 years or 1 day we all are equals! I love this community and the people in it
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're still stuck with everyone, everywhere - just like all the SuperMods, Erik...

Can't hide.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I Follow....so will prolly meet up in tac meet spot and see where it goes from there.....
Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

cleaned up.

If you don't have a comment that has to do with the meet, keep it to yourself, or take it to PM's

We have enough drama around here and don't need any more.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

^^ Ok...how about is the Puyallup meet up still happening?? Anyone heard anything from Steve?? Trying to plan my weekend
Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

waiting on miss Janesa
Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

I will be seeing her in about an hour or less and will see if she was able to track him down.... unfortunately she doesn't have his number so she was trying to track one down for him... If anyone has his number that would be most helpful to clear up confusion
Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to call him, been busy here.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The Meet up at the Denny's will still be going on.........it really is very simple......it has been posted up that it will be going on,and it has not been removed.

The Meet up at the Tacoma spot will still be going on........it really is very simple....it has been posted up that it will be going on,and it has not been removed.

One meet is sponsered and food is provided by the sponser and one meet is just the regular meet and food is optional and sponsered by the individuals who wish to eat.

Really we have a meet up in Bellevue the first Friday of the month and a meet up in Olympia the first friday of the month......Two meets one night......

Not even sure and do not need an answer to my thoughts........but why is this so hard to understand......accept........and pick past.Now it has been spelled out and if there are any more ways I can help sort it all out let me know........