Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Brian....honestly it was a question because of what has been going on the past day.... With what has gone on and the fact that steve isn't online much I don't think it was unreasonable for me to ask the question. If your comments were directed towards me...which since I am the one that asked I assume so....not sure why you can't see the confusion given the whole thread here...but please take it up with me in a PM It's not hard to understand except that noone has heard from Steve.....that's the question.... And personally before I drive over 100 miles for a meet...I WANT CONFIRMATION.....now that shouldn't be that hard to understand should it???
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

the meet is still on in both places......if needed I can drive to Puyallup to verify this with steve and have him post up here........if I am wrong I will buy Dennys for everyone and bill Steve for it......lol
Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

hey david i haven't been able to track steve down to make sure things are still a-ok..

Chris and I will be at t-town for a few to drop some stuff off then heading to denny's.. I know there was talk of one or a few people who would like to caravan up to denny's with us, whatever people wanna do is cool with me..

No need for people to get upset when asking if the meet is still happening, we just want to make sure Steve is still cool with this after all the wonderful and entertaining posts yesterday.

All we need is communication people, no one needs to get upset or talk down to anyone.. We are all here for the same reason, cars, fun and friends..
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AvonLadyJenn
^^ Ok...how about is the Puyallup meet up still happening?? Anyone heard anything from Steve?? Trying to plan my weekend
Steve hasn't been back on ScionLife since tossing a grenade in the middle of the room and vanishing in a purple puff of smoke.

I know the Tacoma Place M&G is still on, and I will assume that whatever Steve has planned is still on unless someone hears otherwise from Steve.

Bottom line is that only Steve knows what Steve is doing.

Tom
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Steve posted the meet details up on Monday.
STeve has not been on the board since Monday.
Steve has not canceled his meet.
Steve has no idea at this time of any issues involving the meet.
Steve I am sure will be on here tonight after work and confirm the meet just like he did last month.
Steve has no reason to cancel his meet.

From these facts I would say there is a 100% chance that the meet in Puyallup is going to be going on.I under stand people want to confirm this but once you look at the facts there is no reason for the meet not to occur.See it really is simple.I understand people want confirmation......but once you look at the facts you will see there is no reason it will not occur.It will all work out fine.I beleive Cindy and I are the only ones to drive to a meet that was scheduled(In Portland last year and no one but us showed up)chances of that happening area slim for this meet.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brian, I've showed up at several meets over the past few years where I was the only one to show.

Those meets were at a couple different places in Tacoma (TCC, Tacoma Place), and one in Olympia. Not even the person(s) who set up the meet and said they would be there showed up.

We've finally got the Tacoma meets working by having a stable location and time, and some people making a point of showing up there, come Hell, high water, snow, or whatever.

I'm having to make an assumption here that Steve will follow through on what he has planned in Puyallup, because Steve always has before.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by dugzilla
cleaned up.

If you don't have a comment that has to do with the meet, keep it to yourself, or take it to PM's

We have enough drama around here and don't need any more.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I left a message at the number I have for him, its a cell # so I don't know if its current.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

Thanks Rob! I appreciate your help
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey now.. The LAST thing I wanted to do is offend ANYONE, come off in an abrasive manner or split anyone up! Just tryin to have some fun. I have been in contact with the company that manages Tacoma Place and they are really not interested in having a bunch of cars there, that is why I was trying to find somewhere to go. I thought whoever wanted to meet in Tacoma would do so and if they wanted some place to go, I could have something figured out so we can just relax without waiting in line etc. I had NO idea any particular people were in charge of these meets.
I have quite a few ideas for fun things to do... none of them happen in a parking lot next to the freeway. I was thinking some variety would be appreciated and some measure of suprise would be fun.
Another apology is my timeliness. I absolutely immersed myself in my 4 Runner over the last week. I basically rebuilt the entire drivetrain and fabricated a variety of parts. I know that is no excuse but when I crawled in the house each night this week, I was beat.
I hope anyone that was offended accepts my very humble apology and I hope to see EVERYONE tomorrow.

Thanks for the call Rob.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmmmmm... We actually have had approval from the Tacoma Place property manager for the past year and a half - now we don't?

Surprise is fine, Steve so long as the surprise is what will happen rather than where in Hell will we be.

In order to be sure everyone knows where and when, that part of it needs to be carved in stone at least two weeks ahead (and excellent directions to the meet need to be posted).

Looks like this time it's being split, and if we have now lost our approval for being there we'll have to start looking again after a year an a half.

http://tijil.org/TPD_Scion_01.pdf
Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Steve we are VERY grateful for all your enthusiasm and we WANT very much to have fun with you, I think everything got out of hand and maybe have we known that you spoke with the people at the tacoma spot we would have understood what you were doing. There are not really any official people in charge of this meet just that we have been going to the same spot forever and it's set up on meetups as our designated place to meet. maybe we could all work with you and come up with a different spot if we are not wanted at the current tacoma spot and it could be a group discussion and we all could me in the mix with it. just a thought.
I am glad you finally posted up and let us know what was going on that is very much appriciated. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow and having some fun....what the plan for tomorrow looks like is meeting at tacoma spot and hanging for a few then caravaning to puyallup...that's what myself and Janesa have discussed and anyone who would like to join us is more than welcome
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(...and at this point I'm stepping to the side and just watching. Someone will let me know when and where to show up for things when all is settled. PM if you want me for something.)
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I'll be down to the Taco M&G briefly!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I'll say it again....Steve has good ideas, hes not trying to take over anything..and there are a few people here that really need to just read the posts and NOT chime in....and others wonder why this post has gone the way it has...just lets try somethin new and see what happens...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

I think it all just needs to be dropped and lets go have some much needed FUN tomorrow...I know I've had a stressful week at work and need to unwind before my even worse week of auditors..........urrrrrrg..yes fun lots of fun drop the poo poo and lets have fun
Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Balliztik
SL Member

Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

Have fun ya'll. We have decided to stay home and doing married alone stuff for the night while our daughter is gone. Hope everyone has a blast! Can't wait to hear about it
Old 02-13-2009, 03:37 AM

hey i'll be up at the tacoma m&g location around 8 and chill for a few and then probly head over to the puyallup location
Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBLOVE
have we known that you spoke with the people at the tacoma spot we would have understood what you were doing.
I just didn't want to make a big deal about it..

I will be at the Tacoma Place Parking Lot at 8pm, headed to Denny's around 8:30 and looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

The controversy is actually a bit refreshing.. glad to see excitement!