ID, OR, WA

2011 tC Launch Party and Free Car Show 10/15/10 by Scion of Kirkland

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

bump! remember, this is a FREEEEEEEE show open to all makes and models!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 PM

registered. saw this on a few other car fourms and heard that even some exotics might be showing up, this looks like its going to have good turn out and its free. lets get some more scions registered!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be there but not entering since I won't be off work til 630 and still have no wheels on my ride :/
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 PM

So, I registered about a week ago...was I supposed to receive a confirmation email or something? Or should I just show up and hope I'm not sent back home?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 PM

if you registered, just show up. this is tonight and i heard its suppose to be huge, ill see u guys there
Old 10-16-2010, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for those of us not registering our cars wheres the best spot to park..?
Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so the event was a big success. Thanks to everyone that came out. Sorry I wasn't on here more towards the end, got swamped, and for some reason stopped getting the email notifications from being subscribed to the thread.

I hope everyone had a great time. Don't forget to go to http://www.facebook.com/scionofkirkland to vote for the peoples choice winner.

Also we want your feedback. Speak up here, on the Facebook page, send me an e-mail or send our General Manager an email. For those of you that stuck around to the end, Jim Roes (GM) wants feedback both on what we want for events, as well as what we want to see for Scion the brand. He sits on the dealer council for Scion in the region, and has the ear of the big wigs here, not to mention getting to meet with Akio Toyoda once a year or so. His e-mail is jim@toyotaofkirkland.com

Again, thanks to everyone that made it out!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 AM
SL Member

Wasn't too thrilled with the behavior of other enthusiasts as they left the event. If I knew that people were going to act like that I probably just would have stayed home.
I go to shows for one purpose, to hang out.... not to show off and be obnoxious and give the entire scene a bad rep, I do not like being represented to the community like we were at the end of the show.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^agree 100% with this.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I'm in the dark, what happened?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

i'm guessing some of the excessive revving and bailing 30seconds after trophies given out... just a guess tho...
Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 AM
SL Member

ya i third that...seemed a little childish to me. like a big ____ing contest of who's bov and exhaust was loudest...the guy on the motorcycle didn't help the cause either...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm glad i got my nuts and got out of there then, otherwise was fun for the 30min i was there; thanks a ton to turner for trusting me to take care of his nuts lol.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
thanks a ton to turner for trusting me to take care of his nuts lol.
Lol np Tyler.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
SL Member

yeah just inconsiderate behavior from some ppl :/ I'm surprised the police didn't show up...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'm sorry to hear some of the actions of others put a damper on the rest of the event. I do encourage everyone to share their thoughts either on the facebook page, or with Jim. We are planning to do more events, and this was the first, so there's a bit of a learning curve as far as what's expected at these things.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the loud revving was really that much of an issue? geez. The bike was kind of annoying, but no need to cry about it..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many awards were given and what were they for? best scion, best of show, etc?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

best scion and runner up, honestly i dunno what other catagories there were.. but they are having peoples choice vote on their facebook page... open till oct 23

as for the reving... eh... i thought i saw somewhere in the rules about no excessive reving or burn outs etc... but i dont see it in this thread so maybe im mixing up shows... but in a semi-enclosed area... it does amplify it and making it semi annoying when it seems that people are reving to see how many alarms they can set off, as they are leaving the show... just my opinion...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well I wasn't able to attend the event but I was reading that the Scion GM for the area is interested in knowing what kind of events and such there is a market for......

Well I say we do indeed want more events.....we loved it when there were dealership sponsered shows,BBQs,cruises.....

Although many people have wandered on from the scene,there is a large amount of people dedicated to their Scion or Toyota.....previous owners of said cars who have moved on to differant cars or trucks or even differant retailers like Mazda,Honda,and on and on.....

There is a need for these in the area.....it brings the people together,gives us something to do,and allows new people to meet the groups,clubs,and individuals who own these cars......

So please keep up with the great effort on the local level,we want it.....

I know as a customer I shop with my money where I feel welcome,and get good customer service....something that I have not received lately from a few retailers.....

thanks for putting on a fun get together for us.....there is always the people no matter what who disrupt....it is human nature to have a few idiots in the herd...

Quick Reply: 2011 tC Launch Party and Free Car Show 10/15/10 by Scion of Kirkland