5 Year Member
SL Member

At Annie's, waiting for pizza.

Starving!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

wish i had to money to have gone with you guys.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^you missed a good one! Lots of people and lots of pizza!!! Some of us made it up to ice cream too (Thank you busdriver). Lots of fun to be had and even got a scenic drive home
Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 AM
SL Member

Was super fun, i may take the gf up there next weekend >.< I cant wait for another cruise!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i broke down on the way home , just rolled in, my mommy came to our rescue ..
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that you had problems Dave, glad you had someone to rescue you.

We had a great time. Great weather, people and food, what more could one ask for. I hope everyone enjoyed the little visit to the Burlington roundabout, lol. We ended up coming back on the other side of the river, no chip seal, and followed my GPS. Took us on a nice backroads cruise past a large lake with beautiful houses on it. We did eventually make it back to I-5 in decent time. Dan in the Yaris caught up with us on the backroads and followed us out to the freeway. Glad we had a heads up on the accident. Will post pics in a seperate pics thread. Time for leftover pizza, lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by shortbus_8
i broke down on the way home , just rolled in, my mommy came to our rescue ..
Sorry to hear dude, what happened?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Sorry to hear dude, what happened?
IT WILL ALL BE IN THE PIC THREAD
Old 08-02-2010, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for coming, everyone! You are all a great bunch of people, and it's always an honor to host this wacky expedition whenever it happens to be. (Next time we hope more people order ahead of time so there will be no starvation!)

Hope everyone enjoyed the detours home. At least there was no detour beforehand!

And great photos!!!!!!! Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you for having us once again, Anne!

As always, seems that everyone had a good time - I know I did.

(If the detour had been on the way TOO, some of us may have starved...)

Sorry to hear you had something break on you, Dave! Good thing you could get a rescue.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great Day for a drive with a Great Bunch of Friends , some new , some old to share Great Pizza and the visit up to the Cascadian farm for Ice Cream. Other than Dave's HOTROD misbehaving a little bit sound's like everyone close made it home safely , the Southern Boy's should be home soon. THANX
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Hey great day.......just gettign in the door.......had to make a secondary stop but hey I am on vacation so it's all good.......

Pizza was great as always......and that iceream at the Berry place was awesome as well....

Sorry I got lost on the way to the Berry place,we turned around like 500' from it.....too funny,especially on the way back to see it was 500' from where we turned around to get directions.....lol.

The scenic route home was pretty good short of some idiot in a white mini van who came up on me at about 90,then started to pass me on the corner,then he slammed his brakes....pulled in front of me then when the oncoming car went by he passed the next two in front of me and nearly did not get out of the way of oncoming traffic.....

About a mile up he was passing people on the shoulder.....amazing his day did not go wrong......cause short of cutting a leg off or and having to get to hospital there was no need to drive like that......heck we were going 60 in a 50.....

Well better get my self to sleep soon,going camping for few days tomorrow.....

Thanks again Annie.....was another great day of fun.......

Dave,if you break down call one of us,we would come help....thats what we do man.....but glad you guys made it home safe.....
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, that dirty white van nearly took 'Nilla's nose off. (Did you notice that his back window was broken out?) Quite honestly he looked like he was running from something...

From my vantage point I saw when he got to that next patch of 'civilization' and did a "let's see how close we can come to rolling this van" turn onto a side street, cutting off oncoming traffic.

I never did see anything chasing him, but he sure as Hell was running from it.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Dang! Little excitement huh? Glad to hear everyone made it home ok, even though one was by tow truck. I had a blast and so did Bethany & may parents (people in the red PT). Thanks again Annie & everyone for an awesome time!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, in case anyone hasn't seen the pics that are up for this run, they are going up here...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190984

(Lefty? Got anything?)
Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
SL Member
Premium Member

It was a blast!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wish I could have made it. Went out with the GF and the niece and nephew to a local place and had pizza there, so we were with you in spirit.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Sorry I got lost on the way to the Berry place,we turned around like 500' from it.....too funny,especially on the way back to see it was 500' from where we turned around to get directions.....lol.
Just to flesh out that story - that had us nearly in hysterics - here's the view from the last car in line...

Following Brian...

When the last three cars of us left Annie's we decided to hit Cascadian Farm to the east of there - organic farm, fruit, ice cream, etc. Well known place. Products available nationwide.

We had to head that way, anyway, because Hwy 20 was blocked by an accident 'tween Concrete and I-5.

We were told the best alt rout was to go to Rockport and take Hwy 530 through Arlington to I-5, and Cascadian was right there so it would be a good opportunity to stop in for desert...

Brian was the lead car, 'Nilla bringing up the rear, as usual.

We had been informed that Rockport was 8 miles east (we saw the "Newport 8" sign about two miles east of Annies, so it was really ten).

We got to Rockport and sure enough there was the turnoff to 530, so we new where that was, right at the little Shell station/general store.

We continued on 20 east for another three miles and pulled off at a tiny park because we figured since we hadn't seen ANYTHING to even hint that Cascadian Farm existed, we'd probably passed it and somehow missed it.

I pulled up info on-line using my 'phone and found an address (55749 State Route 20, IIRC) and both Brian and I tried to get our GPS to find it with no luck.

Finally we decided to head back to the Shell, three miles behind us, and ask for directions.

At the Shell, Brian went inside to ask, while the rest of us waited, and he came out with a local who had designed and built their public stand we were looking for.

He told us it was, uh, three miles east, would be on our left, couldn't miss it, etc...

We went back toward where we had turned back from, got to the small roadside park we had pulled off at and went MAYBE another 100 feet around the next small curve, and could see Cascadian Farm, there ahead of us, maybe 500 feet away...

We kept laughing about that for the next 20 minutes.

Personal note: Don't follow Brian...

Last edited by Tomas; 08-03-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: correct name of town from Newport to Rockport
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Personal note: Don't follow Brian...

LOl i could have told you guys that lol but atleast you guysmade it there

Quick Reply: Annie's Pizza Run -V- 8/1/10