ID, OR, WA

Anyone need to rent a fender roller?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

why smaller tires in back.....I must be gettign too old and this must be the new thing.......help me understand why even smaller is better,is it jsut for the look,because tires are designed to run sidewalls as vertical as they can be to flex properly the weight before slip.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

again though its ok... the stance is wider and your right it probably will handle a little better than before. the point i am trying to make is one of safety. its not a recommended practice. the reason its a message of safety is that a car is supposed to be predictable as to when the traction gives up. with this wheel and tire package you are not going to get the feedback and consistency needed in a panic driving situation. end of the day its your call.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i agree with cj, if it makes you happy do it. erik has some great points as well, guess it all depends on the person.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 AM
SL Member

^ I just went a whole size smaller all around for tires just because it wasn't stretched enough for me

But anyways if anyone else needs their fenders rolled let me know and ill get you in contact with my bf.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ well then i hope you got those rims for cheap. you may want to purchase spares
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
^^^ well then i hope you got those rims for cheap. you may want to purchase spares
seriously just stop replaying in my threads, you have zero experience with stretch tires im sure. My bf has been running stretch tires for years now, more stretch then I have still, not to mention he has BBS Lm's witch are worth about as much as my car im sure. I really don't need or want any further opinions of yours.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I like stretchy pants.

Oh yeah, can I rent the fender roller for me to use, or does the BF have to actually do it for me?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
I like stretchy pants.

Oh yeah, can I rent the fender roller for me to use, or does the BF have to actually do it for me?
You can rent it from him. Just need to leave some kind deposit so he wont have to track you down to get his roller back if you keep it longer then a day. Could be anything just worth a few hundred dollars till the return of the roller and heat gun.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I've ran a stretch with 3.5 degrees of negative camber with zero issues. the whole LVscions crew runs mad camber, some up words of -8 with a crazy stretch.. no issues. This goes back to wheel quality though. Running a TenzoR, Sportmax/XXR, Rota, etc. Any of the cast wheels will shatter when hit hard enough. Running a quality forged wheel will take much more abuse. Hence why VIP guys run 3 piece works, rays, they take the abuse. Or take the iForged on my xB for example. Those wheels a lot of miles with camber on them and no cracks, bends..etc. They are good. I know we are just talking about a stretch but add camber and the wheel is now under more stress, but you rarely see or hear about issues.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by FallonBMPTC
Originally Posted by bbszero
I like stretchy pants.

You can rent it from him. Just need to leave some kind deposit so he wont have to track you down to get his roller back if you keep it longer then a day. Could be anything just worth a few hundred dollars till the return of the roller and heat gun.
cool, i'll hit you up when i'm ready.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i like chicken
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like chicken AND stretchy pants!

But on the real.... Fallon, could your bf roll my fenders at the meet and greet tomorrow? With the new Coils and the height i'm looking at I might rub in the back wheel wells. Cool part is the fronts are rolled straight from the factory.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can your bf roll the fenders of a NSX? My roommate is inquiring. He's getting one next weekend.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iceman04503
Can your bf roll the fenders of a NSX? My roommate is inquiring. He's getting one next weekend.
Yup, He already did his uncles 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just adding to the stretch topic. my xb uses work miesters s2p 15x8.5 -6 in front and a 15x9.0 -15. tire sizes are 195/50r15 and 205/50r15. been dailying on these tires for over 3 years and not a single problem. I still have about 60-70% treadleft and it's wearing perfectly fine. many of my old cars i've run stretched tires. no problems. xxr/sportmax/konig/rota/whatever cheapy stuff. i personally dont recommend it cause the wheel isnt that strong. they are easy to bend. If you roll a nice set of wheels, it'll be fine. like isaid ive never had a problem. good luck to you and your bf with the fender rolling side gig! =)
Old 05-02-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iceman04503
for the love of god please do not ruin or change anything on the NSX...it's built the way it is for a reason...modifying it other than just a front/rear lip will RUIN all of Honda's hard work in making the NSX a PERFECT car.....sigh
Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by FallonBMPTC
Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
seriously just stop replaying in my threads, you have zero experience with stretch tires im sure. My bf has been running stretch tires for years now, more stretch then I have still, not to mention he has BBS Lm's witch are worth about as much as my car im sure. I really don't need or want any further opinions of yours.
Ok first of all this is a PUBLIC forum and ANYONE can post anywhere at anytime get that straight! second of all there is no need for you to disrespect Erik in that manner he has more knowledge in this area than you and is backing up his statements with facts not the "well my bf" line!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

um ok.........honestly.......stretch is fun to a point.....then it gets bad,camber is fun to a point then it gets bad..........anyhow.......glad your BF has had luck with it,does not make car ride better,perform better........looks good with right rims,so if the poster is looking to say they like what they see then good,but all in all the trashing should end.......goodness the poster is a nice person who is trying new things guys......

I will agree with Eric.......both of us know cars,I too am trained and went to school for cars,grew up on the track,grew up in autobody and motor building for race cars on circle track,grew up doing it......

So if a person wants to do somthing new and cutting edge and has seen it done with success then go for it,but remember to take with a grain of salt waht the oldtimers know.........been there done that.....stay safe....this is kinda waht modding cars is about......night night.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

also guys take notes on rolling fenders.......it is embarrasing that no one knows how to do it in the PNW.......I do......but not going through the issues involved with chiped paint,cracks and other issues........if we have a person willing to do it then please let them........the more practice they get the better they will be.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
um ok.........honestly.......stretch is fun to a point.....then it gets bad,camber is fun to a point then it gets bad..........anyhow.......glad your BF has had luck with it,does not make car ride better,perform better........looks good with right rims,so if the poster is looking to say they like what they see then good,but all in all the trashing should end.......goodness the poster is a nice person who is trying new things guys......

I will agree with Eric.......both of us know cars,I too am trained and went to school for cars,grew up on the track,grew up in autobody and motor building for race cars on circle track,grew up doing it......

So if a person wants to do somthing new and cutting edge and has seen it done with success then go for it,but remember to take with a grain of salt waht the oldtimers know.........been there done that.....stay safe....this is kinda waht modding cars is about......night night.
Brian I don't think anybody could have said it better.

Jen thanks for backing my hubby lady.

While I disagree with incessant bickering on SL and I KNOW my husband has very low tolerance for things he disagrees with (apparently stretched tires and such is one of them) and BELIEVE me as his wife I also K-N-O-W he sometimes has a problem dropping things... like this tire thing. It's not exactly my bag, but I personally couldn't care less what you feel like you should do with your car, even less so what your boyfriend feels like doing with his car, irregardless of his job as a manager at whatever tire place or however many magazine features etc. etc.

I've asked Erik to let this one go and I think he will, and hopefully that can be the end of it.

Brian and Jenn I really really appreciate the support you guys are giving him here. Thank you again.

And Fallon good luck with your tires fenders and such.