Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Battle in Seattle - July 8th, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Battle in Seattle - July 8th, 2006

THE BATTLE OF THE IMPORTS SPONSORED BY INTEC RACING RETURNS TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST AND HEADS FOR PACIFIC RACEWAYS LOCATED IN KENT, WA

BOTI HEADS BACK TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
On Saturday evening, July 8th, the Battle of the Imports sponsored by Intec Racing returns to Pacific Raceways (Kent, WA) for the third consecutive year and fourth stop on it's 2006 nationwide tour. Pro and Street class racers from all over the Pacific Northwest will have the opportunity to compete for cash, contingency and trophies at one of the quickest track on the Westcoast. In addition to the drag racing action, the Password:JDM carshow will have just as much competition with car crews from all over fighting for a chance at national exposure. Also on the card is the 2X points USACi car audio competition where audio competitors can choose to compete in either SPL or SQ, The Finestmodels.com swimsuit competition and the interactive vendors midway anchors the evenings event.

"The event has grown tremendously in just two years and since Pacific Raceways has implemented an import and sport compact program for the local racers, we are expecting a record number of competitors at this event," commented Frank Choi, Battle of the Imports. "We are always excited about coming up to this area. The sea level track plus the cool night time weather affords racers the chance to break old records and set new ones."

Located approximately 30-minutes south of Seattle, Pacific Raceways is an NHRA sanctioned track and is home to the annual Schucks Auto Supply NHRA Nationals. A record number of racers including bikes, car clubs, sound competitors and fans are expected to attend the Battle of the Imports sponsored by Intec Racing.

HEADS-UP PRO & STREET, DIAL-IN & FUN-RUN DRAG RACING FOR CARS AND BIKES
The BOTI offers 6 heads up classes, a dial-in Sportsman E.T. class and the popular fun-run class where racers who choose not to compete and run for time only. Racers have a chance to compete for cash, contingency and trophies. The competition will be extremely close in the Street-Comp and Street-Performance class. "Judging by the number of competitors last year, the Street-Comp and Street-Performance will offer the fans some exciting side by side racing," commented Frank Choi. "So far, the response has been great and the anticipation grows as each day passes."

PASSWORD:JDM CARSHOW OFFERS OVER 100 AVAILABLE CARSHOW AWARDS FOR IMPORTS, DOMESTIC SPORT COMPACTS, TRUCKS, SUV's and LATE MODEL DOMESTICS
The Password:JDM car show has quickly made a name for itself nationally as one of the most competitive shows series on tour. With over 100 awards to be handed out including but not limited to: Best Team Points, Best Team Represent, Overall Best of Show, Overall Best Performance Vehicle, Overall Best JDM, Best Female Vehicle, Best Full Size Truck, Best Sport Truck and Best SUV, car clubs from all over the PNW will be representing to get a shot at a feature in a nationally circulated magazine.

"We are impressed to say the least with the quality of cars here in the Northwest," commented Mike Agustin, Carshow Director. "Especially the amount of JDM enthusiasts, which will be treated to Password:JDM and their Honda Civic Type-R. We are also pleased with the expansion of show classes for imports, sport compacts and late model domestics."

LIVE FINESTMODELS.COM PHOTOSHOOT WITH HOT IMPORT MODELS, VENDORS VILLAGE, FINESTMODELS.COM SWIMSUIT COMPETITION, MODEL SEARCH, FREE GIVEAWAYS, AND MUCH MORE
Fans can check out and purchase the latest and greatest wares for their whips in the Vendors Village but that's not all! Fans will also be treated to a live Finestmodels.com photoshoot with import models. "We have had a lot of models email us requesting to do shoots at the event and it seems to have worked in the past," commented Lawrence Gayoso, President Finestmodels.com. "The photoshoot shows allows models the opportunity to gain valueable experience posing in front of a camera." Spectators will also be treated to the Finestmodels.com swimsuit competition.

HONDA FACTORY PERFORMANCES POSTS BIG DOLLARS
In 2002, American Honda launched its Honda Factory Performance (HFP) accessory program announcing kits for the Civic EX Coupe and the Acura RSX Type-S. This year, Acura announced it has re-launched its performance accessory program as Acura A-SPEC, a term signifying "the highest level of engineering quality", to brand Acura's program and differentiate it from its Honda counterpart, Honda Factory Performance (HFP).

Racers at the Battle of the Imports that win while driving either a Honda or Acura brand vehicle stand to win up to an extra $750.00 in cash. Racers must register at tech inspection and display the HFP decal. Makes other than Honda or Acura are not eligible for the contingency.

WHERE
PACIFIC RACEWAYS
31001 144TH AVENUE SE
KENT, WA 98042

WHEN
SATURDAY
JULY 8, 2006

SCHEDULE
Vendor Setup 12:00 PM
Tech Inspection 2:00 PM
Car Show Roll In 2:00 PM
Db Drag Racing / USACi Roll In 2:00 PM
Spectator Gates Open 2:00 PM
Street Class Qualifying 4:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Db Drag Racing - 1st Round 5:00 PM
Carshow Judging 6:00 PM
Heads Up Eliminations (1st Round) 8:00 PM
Finestmodels.com Swimsuit Competition 9:00 PM
Awards Presentation Conclusion

TICKETING
Adult General Admission $20.00
Adult Crew Member $20.00
Children (7-11) Admission $10.00
Kids (6&Younger) Admission FREE
Race Entry (Car and Driver) $40.00
Fun Run (Car or Bikes) $40.00
Carshow Entry $40.00
USACi SQ or SPL Entry $40.00

DIRECTIONS
From I-5
In Federal Way take the SR 18 East exit (exit 142) toward Auburn. Go 8.9 miles and take the exit for SE 304th/SE 312th (a sign about 1/4 mile before the exit will also identify it as Green River Community College/Pacific Raceways). At the end of the exit ramp, turn left; at the next opportunity, turn right. Proceed on the track access road.

From SR 167
Take the SR 18 East exit toward Auburn. Go 6.2 miles and take the exit for SE 304th/SE 312th (a sign about 1/4 mile before the exit will also identify it as Green River Community College/Pacific Raceways). At the end of the exit ramp, turn left; at the next opportunity, turn right. Proceed on the track access road.

From I-405
From Northbound I-405 take Exit #2 in Renton for southbound SR 167 From Southbound I-405 take Exit #2B in Renton for southbound SR 167. Then follow the directions above for SR 167.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

any1 doing this? showing or attending??
Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

i wanted to model at it but who knows
i might go
Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I had a good time last year. Need to check fundage though.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:25 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Scion Awards

1st Place - Best Scion

1st & 2nd Place - Best xA
1st & 2nd Place - Best xB
1st & 2nd Place - Best TC
Old 06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'll go! (sorry guys down in PDX because I'll have to skip the Krispy Kreme event but I guess that would be bad for my diet anyway)

I just ordered my new 18" chrome wheels and they'll be here next Monday. I can't wait to throw them on. I still need to get some nice Z rated tires. Also...if anyone here knows a great place to get custom coloring on chrome, let me know! I want to add a couple of accents.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Can't go to this show 'cause I will be in Vegas
Old 06-27-2006, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There will also be a dyno days and possible bbq on Saturday July 1st from 11AM. BOTI will be there with a few cars from California. For more info, go to www.intecracing.com
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If I still have my car in a week, I'll be there with it.

I'll probably be at the BBQ as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you sell the car Brian??? Were you out in the Bellevue area last night?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nope, haven't sold it yet. And I wasn't up in Bellevue last night. I stayed home and relaxed.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see I see... well look forward to seeing you at the BBQ!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope to see a ton of Scions at Battle!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im pretty sure i'll be attending...i just hate washington I-5 between olympia and seattle..HORRIBLE~!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

I might be able to go... its close by for me. Maybe more SDG members could go.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow. sooo much going on this month. i had alot of fun last year.. *sigH* i guess ill have to make another day trip over.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ Let me know if you want to go. Benilda & I considered it (I keep going back and forth between BOTI and the PDX meeting so I'm not sure).

Maybe speedracergirl can come and hang out with us!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'm heading up too.... (You should have guessed if Nick said he was going).

I'm sure we'll bring the tent, some chairs and maybe a table or something... All us Scion wierdos can have a out of the sun meeting/hangout place....

We should co-ordinate who brings what... need like a whole "survive the car show day" setup!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion Awareness event at Portland Krispy Kreme is the same day.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_tC
Scion Awareness event at Portland Krispy Kreme is the same day.

yeah thats kinda no bueno...

Quick Reply: Battle in Seattle - July 8th, 2006